|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Bowzer's restaurant is unique because every item is served on top of what?
2. Where does the sheriff take Primrose?
3. What is Mallomar named after?
4. The sheriff shows Primrose something that has been found near a deserted island. What is it?
5. What is the name of the sheriff who takes Primrose away?
Short Essay Questions
1. The children who taunt her remind Primrose of what vegetable?
2. Does Primrose believe in intuition?
3. What does the reader expect to happen when the sheriff takes Primrose to his office?
4. Who suggests that Primrose live with her nearest relative, Uncle Jack?
5. What does Miss Bowzer say when Primrose asks if she believes in intuition?
6. Of what is Primrose unfairly accused in the drugstore?
7. Where do Primrose and Uncle Jack live?
8. In Chapter 1, what has happened to Primrose's parents?
9. What does Primrose decide to collect in her mother's notebook?
10. Is Uncle Jack a "developer" as the children claim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism in the book Everything on a Waffle, including the symbolic meaning of Primrose's walks on the pier, her recipe journal and her sweaters. How do these items help or hurt Primrose? Of whom do they remind her? Does she feel hopeful or hopeless when she encounters these objects?
Essay Topic 2
When Primrose's father is lost at sea, her mother sails off into the storm to rescue him.
Part 1) Could both of Primrose's parents have been killed by doing this?
Part 2) Do you agree with her mother's decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Miss Perfidy's character changes as the book progresses.
1) What are some examples of Miss Perfidy's oddness in the beginning and the end of the book?
2) Does Primrose learn to like Miss Perfidy better over time?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)