|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the sheriff when Primrose is in the store?
2. What did Primrose's mother do after her husband was lost at sea?
3. Why is Uncle Jack so eager to sell the "cinnamon house"?
4. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
5. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Cantina's dog while Primrose is in the drugstore.
2. Does Primrose believe in intuition?
3. Of what is Primrose unfairly accused in the drugstore?
4. Who calls the sheriff and why, when Primrose is in the drugstore?
5. Where do Primrose and Uncle Jack live?
6. Primrose searches her mother's notebook for clues, but finds only what?
7. Why doesn't Primrose show any grief about her parents?
8. Why does the town hold a memorial service for Primrose's parents in Chapter 1?
9. What does Miss Bowzer say when Primrose asks if she believes in intuition?
10. What does the reader expect to happen when the sheriff takes Primrose to his office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Miss Perfidy's character changes as the book progresses.
1) What are some examples of Miss Perfidy's oddness in the beginning and the end of the book?
2) Does Primrose learn to like Miss Perfidy better over time?
Essay Topic 2
When Primrose's father is lost at sea, her mother sails off into the storm to rescue him.
Part 1) Could both of Primrose's parents have been killed by doing this?
Part 2) Do you agree with her mother's decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When a raincoat belonging to Primrose's mother is found at sea near a deserted island, it means very different things to different characters.
Part 1) What does the raincoat mean to the sheriff? Who shares his interpretation?
Part 2) What does the raincoat mean to Primrose, and why?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)