|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Primrose do when she scrapes her knee outside the "cinnamon house"?
(a) She puts a bandaid on it.
(b) She presses Uncle Jack's handkerchief against it to stop the bleeding.
(c) She puts a safety pin on it.
(d) She puts a huge white bandage on it.
2. In Chapter 8, does Miss Honeycut believe that Primrose's parents are still alive?
(a) No, she tells Primrose she must accept the fact that her parents are dead.
(b) No, but she helps Primrose look for them anyway.
(c) Yes, Miss Honeycut agrees with Primrose because they are best friends.
(d) Yes, Miss Honeycut is the only person who believes Primrose.
3. Evie and Bert buy a home in Coal Harbour. Where is it?
(a) Across the street from Miss Perfidy.
(b) Next door to the gym.
(c) In the same townhouse complex as Miss Honeycut's new home.
(d) Next door to Uncle Jack.
4. What does Miss Honeycut serve to Uncle Jack for dinner?
(b) Grape soup.
(c) Rabbit stew.
(d) Pear soup.
5. Where does The Girl on the Red Swing Restaurant get its name?
(a) From a tiny, hidden doll.
(b) From a book about swings.
(c) From a large mannequin of a girl hanging from a trapeze in the middle of the restaurant.
(d) From a picture on the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are two fires in the book. What catches fire?
2. In what sport does Uncle Jack hope to involve Primrose?
3. How would most people describe Primrose's hair color?
4. After the guinea pig incident, where do Primrose and Uncle Jack go for dinner?
5. Why does Primrose like Miss Bowzer's habit of serving everything on a waffle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the mystery of the missing sweaters finally solved?
2. What are two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 11 and 12?
3. Where do Evie and Bert take Primrose for "comfort food"?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Miss Honeycut bring Primrose from the other children when she visits the hospital?
5. How is being in foster care different than Primrose expected?
6. What does Primrose believe Miss Honeycut's motive was when she put together a file for Children and Family services?
7. Do Evie and Bert like Coal Harbour?
8. What is unique about the food at Miss Bowzer's restaurant?
9. Before she is put in the hospital, what is Miss Perfidy's garbled version of Primrose's story?
10. How does the guinea pig's cage catch on fire?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)