|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Perfidy say about the missing sweaters?
(a) That she left the sweaters outside for the birds.
(b) That she gave the sweaters to Primrose's classmates.
(c) That she does not remember Primrose having any sweaters.
(d) That she would remember if she gave the sweaters away.
2. What permanent injury does Primrose suffer from the incident?
(a) She loses her thumb.
(b) She loses her arm.
(c) She loses one little toe.
(d) She loses her little finger.
3. Who are Evie and Bert?
(a) Primrose's aunt and uncle.
(b) Primrose's foster parents.
(c) Uncle Jack's children.
(d) Uncle Jack's parents.
4. Why does Uncle Jack not like Miss Bowzer's habit of serving everything on a waffle?
(a) He hates restaurants.
(b) He hates waffles.
(c) He loves pancakes with tuna salad.
(d) He thinks trendier, fancier food will attract more tourists.
5. How does Primrose get in trouble following Uncle Jack's advice?
(a) She gets in trouble for snooping.
(b) She gets in trouble for building too many sandcastles.
(c) She is almost eaten by a whale.
(d) She gets tangled in a net, swept off the pier and almost drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which recipe is included in the book?
2. Where does The Girl on the Red Swing Restaurant get its name?
3. Who does Uncle Jack rescue from the fire?
4. What is unique about Miss Perfidy's confusion?
5. Who assigns Primrose the job of caring for a guinea pig on the weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the activities in which adults try to involve Primrose?
2. How do Primrose and Uncle Jack disagree about Miss Bowzer's practice of serving everything on a waffle?
3. What are two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 11 and 12?
4. How is being in foster care different than Primrose expected?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Miss Perfidy suggest has happened to Primrose's sweaters?
6. When Uncle Jack goes to dinner with Miss Honeycut, what are their different goals?
7. In Chapter 11, what does Uncle Jack suggest that Primrose do on her daily trips to the pier, and what is the result?
8. What is Miss Perfidy's very unusual mental condition?
9. Does Miss Honeycut believe in intuition?
10. Do Evie and Bert like Coal Harbour?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)