|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Primrose's family decide to spend some quality time together?
(a) Before her parents went on a vacation without her.
(b) After her parents came back from a vacation without her.
(c) After Primrose was lost at the circus.
(d) When Primrose's baby sister was born.
2. How many brothers and sisters does Primrose have?
3. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
(a) He is a real estate developer who builds houses.
(b) He works in a gym and has developed athlete's foot.
(c) He works in a hospital and has developed chicken pox.
(d) He works in a darkroom and develops film.
4. What country is Coal Harbour in?
(d) The United States.
5. How does Primrose describe the recipe for cinnamon rolls?
(a) Tricky and messy.
(b) Tricky and fun.
(c) Old and moldy.
(d) Fun and messy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lena of the "Lena's Boiled Potatoes" recipe?
2. Uncle Jack finally agrees to allow Primrose to move in with him when it looks like the only other option is what?
3. Who does Primrose name Mallomar?
4. Does Miss Bowzer smoke cigarettes?
5. Miss Perfidy smells oddly of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what has happened to Primrose's parents?
2. What has happened to Primrose's father in the first chapter?
3. What does the reader expect to happen when the sheriff takes Primrose to his office?
4. What does Miss Bowzer teach Primrose to bake that is both "tricky" and "sweet," and why?
5. Of what is Primrose unfairly accused in the drugstore?
6. Why are Primrose's sweaters left at Miss Perfidy's house?
7. Where does Primrose stay during her parents' absence in Chapter 1?
8. Why does the town hold a memorial service for Primrose's parents in Chapter 1?
9. What does Miss Bowzer say when Primrose asks if she believes in intuition?
10. Does Primrose believe her parents are dead after the raincoat is found?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)