|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Cantina eating in the store?
(a) A dog biscuit.
(b) Cotton candy.
(c) A caramel apple.
(d) A waffle.
2. After learning to bake cinnamon rolls, where does Primrose go to pick up a sweater?
(a) To Uncle Jack's house.
(b) To Miss Perfidy's house.
(c) To the Cantina's store.
(d) To a dance studio.
3. Primrose asks the sheriff if he or she has ever believed something, in spite of all the evidence. What is the sherriff's answer?
(a) Yes, but intuition is only for minor things.
(b) No, he only trusts the evidence.
(c) Yes, he once believed a criminal was innocent despite all the evidence.
(d) No, intuition is only for children.
4. Who calls the sheriff when Primrose is in the store?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Mrs. Cantina.
(c) Miss Honeycut.
(d) Miss Bowzer.
5. What did Primrose think about spending "family time" with her parents before they were lost?
(a) It was more fun than eating ice cream.
(b) It did not happen often enough.
(c) It was boring.
(d) It was the most fun she ever had.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Primrose known Miss Perfidy?
2. Why does Primrose visit the pier almost every day?
3. Now that she can bake cinnamon rolls, where will Primrose go with Uncle Jack?
4. When Primrose returns home, Uncle Jack has made her favorite dinner. Why is he being unusually nice to her?
5. Primrose moves in with Uncle Jack when he is transferred to Coal Harbour. He is eventually assigned to do what job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Primrose's sweaters left at Miss Perfidy's house?
2. What does the reader expect to happen when the sheriff takes Primrose to his office?
3. What does Miss Bowzer say when Primrose asks if she believes in intuition?
4. Why does Uncle Jack want to change Coal Harbour?
5. How does Miss Bowzer feel about Uncle Jack's actions as a real estate developer?
6. What does Primrose decide to collect in her mother's notebook?
7. The children who taunt her remind Primrose of what vegetable?
8. Is Uncle Jack a "developer" as the children claim?
9. How does Primrose's mother react when her husband is lost at sea in his huge fishing boat?
10. Who suggests that Primrose live with her nearest relative, Uncle Jack?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)