|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Primrose not feel any grief over her parents' loss?
(a) She is too young to remember them.
(b) She has forgotten them.
(c) She is too little to feel sad.
(d) She believes they are still alive on an island.
2. What are Primrose's comments about making caramel apples?
(a) Nothing -- there is no recipe for caramel apples.
(b) The recipe should be long and difficult.
(c) The recipe should be kept short and sweet.
(d) The recipe should be short and difficult.
3. Miss Honeycut is from Europe, and claims to be related to whom?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(c) The Queen of England.
(d) Johnny Depp.
4. Uncle Jack finally agrees to allow Primrose to move in with him when it looks like the only other option is what?
(a) Sending her on a long trip.
(b) Sending her to a foster home.
(c) Sending her on a cruise.
(d) Sending her to a boarding school.
5. When Primrose returns home, Uncle Jack has made her favorite dinner. Why is he being unusually nice to her?
(a) Because it is a holiday.
(b) Because he likes Miss Perfidy.
(c) Because it is Primrose's birthday.
(d) Because he believes the sheriff's evidence that her parents are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the houses Uncle Jack is trying to sell nicknamed the "cinnamon house"?
2. How does Uncle Jack hope to make the economy of Coal Harbour stronger?
3. When did Primrose's family decide to spend some quality time together?
4. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the first time?
5. What does Miss Perfidy serve Primrose to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Primrose show any grief about her parents?
2. What does Primrose decide to collect in her mother's notebook?
3. What does Sheriff Peters show Primrose at his office?
4. Of what is Primrose unfairly accused in the drugstore?
5. What happens to Mr. Cantina's dog while Primrose is in the drugstore.
6. Why does Primrose slip into the drugstore one day?
7. Who calls the sheriff and why, when Primrose is in the drugstore?
8. What did Primrose do when her mother smoked? What reminds her of this?
9. Why does Uncle Jack want to change Coal Harbour?
10. Why does Primrose return to the pier each day?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)