|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Primrose known Miss Perfidy?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) All her life.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Why is Uncle Jack so eager to sell the "cinnamon house"?
(a) So he can live in a bigger house.
(b) So he can stop showing it.
(c) So he can eat more cinnamon rolls.
(d) So he can use the money to finish the townhouses and condominiums he is building.
3. What is Miss Perfidy's reaction when Primrose says that she "just knows" her parents are still alive?
(a) Miss Perfidy buys her an ice cream cone.
(b) Miss Perfidy slaps her.
(c) Miss Perfidy walks away.
(d) Miss Perfidy bursts into tears.
4. What gift does Uncle Jack give Primrose?
(a) A pony.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A seal.
(d) A teddy bear.
5. Who is Lena of the "Lena's Boiled Potatoes" recipe?
(a) A Coal Harbour woman who became obsessed with winning a potato cooking contest.
(b) A chef on TV.
(c) Primrose's Aunt.
(d) Primrose's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
2. How many brothers and sisters does Primrose have?
3. The sheriff shows Primrose something that has been found near a deserted island. What is it?
4. What does Primrose discover about her sweaters?
5. One of the girls taunting her says that Primrose's mother should have done what instead of sailing off into the storm to find her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Primrose move to Uncle Jack's House?
2. Where does Primrose stay during her parents' absence in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Primrose slip into the drugstore one day?
4. What does Sheriff Peters show Primrose at his office?
5. Who suggests that Primrose live with her nearest relative, Uncle Jack?
6. Why doesn't Primrose show any grief about her parents?
7. Is Uncle Jack a "developer" as the children claim?
8. What does Miss Bowzer say when Primrose asks if she believes in intuition?
9. What does Primrose decide to collect in her mother's notebook?
10. Primrose searches her mother's notebook for clues, but finds only what?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)