|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Primrose discover about her sweaters?
(a) They have all been washed.
(b) They all have moth holes.
(c) They are all too small.
(d) They are all missing.
2. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
(a) British Columbia.
3. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the second time?
(a) Helps Miss Bowzer at her restaurant.
(b) Learns to play hockey with Miss Honeycut.
(c) Learns to knit with her mother.
(d) Learns to shoot hoops with Miss Perfidy.
4. Does Miss Bowzer smoke cigarettes?
(a) Yes, and it reminds Primrose of her mother.
(b) No, she is too healthy.
(c) Yes, and Primrose is allergic to it.
(d) No, she hates smoking.
5. Who does Miss Honeycut have crush on?
(a) A hockey player.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Mr. Cantina's son.
(d) The sheriff.
6. Who is Lena of the "Lena's Boiled Potatoes" recipe?
(a) A Coal Harbour woman who became obsessed with winning a potato cooking contest.
(b) A chef on TV.
(c) Primrose's grandmother.
(d) Primrose's Aunt.
7. Does Miss Bowzer believe in intuition?
(a) No, like the sheriff, Miss Bowzer believes in facts.
(b) Yes, Miss Bowzer had an intuition that Primrose would get a pony for her birthday.
(c) Yes, she once had an intuition that a whaling boat would sink, and it did.
(d) No, Miss Bowzer only believes in waffles.
8. What is Mallomar named after?
(a) Primrose's favorite cookie.
(b) A pony.
(c) A boat.
(d) Primrose's favorite waffle.
9. Left alone at night, what does Primrose worry about?
(a) If her plant needs to be watered.
(b) If she left the iron on.
(c) If her parents are too cold and hungry on the island.
(d) If her parents are dead.
10. What did Primrose think about spending "family time" with her parents before they were lost?
(a) It was more fun than eating ice cream.
(b) It did not happen often enough.
(c) It was the most fun she ever had.
(d) It was boring.
11. Who calls the sheriff when Primrose is in the store?
(a) Miss Honeycut.
(b) Miss Bowzer.
(c) Mrs. Cantina.
(d) Uncle Jack.
12. With her parents gone, who is Primrose's nearest living relative?
(a) Miss Perfidy.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Uncle Teddy.
(d) Miss Honeycut.
13. The children who taunt Primrose remind her of what vegetable?
(a) A clutch of asparagus.
(b) A pride of squash.
(c) A bunch of broccoli.
(d) A handful of baby carrots.
14. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the first time?
(a) Tames a wild horse.
(b) Builds a sandcastle.
(c) Does her homework and goes to bed.
(d) Bakes cookies and goes to bed.
15. Why is Uncle Jack so eager to sell the "cinnamon house"?
(a) So he can stop showing it.
(b) So he can use the money to finish the townhouses and condominiums he is building.
(c) So he can eat more cinnamon rolls.
(d) So he can live in a bigger house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Jack has bought the Cantina's store. What other Coal Harbour business does he want to buy?
2. What is Uncle Jack's first reaction to having Primrose move in with him?
3. What is Mrs. Cantina eating in the store?
4. Now that she can bake cinnamon rolls, where will Primrose go with Uncle Jack?
5. What smell do some people believe makes a house "homier" and helps to sell it?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)