|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is one of the houses Uncle Jack is trying to sell nicknamed the "cinnamon house"?
(a) Because it is the color of cinnamon.
(b) Because it smells like burnt cinnamon.
(c) Because it was built by Bud Cinnamon.
(d) Because the Cinnamon family used to live there.
2. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
(a) He works in a hospital and has developed chicken pox.
(b) He works in a darkroom and develops film.
(c) He works in a gym and has developed athlete's foot.
(d) He is a real estate developer who builds houses.
3. What country is Coal Harbour in?
(a) The United States.
4. What word best describes Miss Perfidy's personality?
5. When Primrose's parents are lost at sea, everyone else assumes they are dead. However, Primrose "just knows" they are where?
(a) Dancing with the stars.
(b) Swimming with the dolphins.
(c) Skiing in the alps.
(d) Living on an island.
6. Where are Primrose's sweaters left?
(a) In the gym.
(b) At Miss Perfidy's house.
(c) At Uncle Jack's house.
(d) At her parent's house.
7. Primrose is first taunted by the other children when she is doing what?
(a) Walking home from school.
(b) Playing a video game.
(c) Eating ice cream.
(d) Cleaning Uncle Jack's car.
8. Why is Uncle Jack so eager to sell the "cinnamon house"?
(a) So he can use the money to finish the townhouses and condominiums he is building.
(b) So he can stop showing it.
(c) So he can live in a bigger house.
(d) So he can eat more cinnamon rolls.
9. Which recipe is not included in the book?
(a) Barbeque Pork on a waffle.
(c) Lemon Sugar Cookies.
(d) Carrots in Apricot Glaze.
10. Who does Miss Honeycut have crush on?
(a) A hockey player.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) Mr. Cantina's son.
(d) Uncle Jack.
11. How long has Primrose known Miss Perfidy?
(a) Two months.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) All her life.
(d) Two weeks.
12. Primrose and Uncle Jack live in a house next to what building?
(a) The gym.
(b) The school.
(c) The library.
(d) The pier.
13. What is Mrs. Cantina eating in the store?
(a) A dog biscuit.
(b) Cotton candy.
(c) A caramel apple.
(d) A waffle.
14. Why is the whaling industry dying in Coal Harbour?
(a) People are too afraid of the water to go whaling.
(b) Whales are too big to catch.
(c) No one eats whale meat anymore.
(d) The whales are endangered.
15. Uncle Jack finally agrees to allow Primrose to move in with him when it looks like the only other option is what?
(a) Sending her on a long trip.
(b) Sending her on a cruise.
(c) Sending her to a foster home.
(d) Sending her to a boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who counsels the other children to be kind to Primrose because her parents are presumed dead?
2. Who calls the sheriff when Primrose is in the store?
3. At first, Uncle Jack can't care for Primrose because he lives far away and is in which branch of the military?
4. What prevents Primrose from visiting the pier one day?
5. Miss Perfidy smells oddly of what?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)