|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mallomar named after?
(a) A pony.
(b) A boat.
(c) Primrose's favorite cookie.
(d) Primrose's favorite waffle.
2. Who calls the sheriff when Primrose is in the store?
(a) Mrs. Cantina.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Miss Bowzer.
(d) Miss Honeycut.
3. What is Miss Honeycut's job?
(a) School guidance counselor.
4. Where are Primrose's sweaters left?
(a) At Miss Perfidy's house.
(b) At her parent's house.
(c) In the gym.
(d) At Uncle Jack's house.
5. Which recipe is not included in the book?
(a) Carrots in Apricot Glaze.
(c) Barbeque Pork on a waffle.
(d) Lemon Sugar Cookies.
6. Does Miss Bowzer share Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive, living on an island in the middle of the sea?
(a) No, like everyone else in town, Miss Bowzer thinks Primrose's parents are dead.
(b) o, Miss Bowzer thinks they ran away to Tahiti.
(c) Yes, Miss Bowzer is the only one who agrees with Primrose.
(d) No, Miss Bowzer thinks they went on vacation.
7. One of the girls taunting her says that Primrose's mother should have done what instead of sailing off into the storm to find her husband?
(a) Wait until morning.
(b) Build a new boat.
(c) Call the Coast Guard.
(d) Stay with Primrose.
8. Left alone at night, what does Primrose worry about?
(a) If her plant needs to be watered.
(b) If she left the iron on.
(c) If her parents are too cold and hungry on the island.
(d) If her parents are dead.
9. What did Primrose's mother do after her husband was lost at sea?
(a) Sail out in the storm searching for him.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Hide under the bed.
(d) Take a nap.
10. What is Mrs. Cantina eating in the store?
(a) A waffle.
(b) A caramel apple.
(c) A dog biscuit.
(d) Cotton candy.
11. What does Miss Perfidy serve Primrose to eat?
(a) Stale tea biscuits.
(b) Cold fish fingers.
(c) Hot waffles with bananas.
(d) A hamburger.
12. Primrose's belongings are divided between three places. What are they?
(a) Miss Perfidy's house, Uncle Jack's house and her parents' house.
(b) Miss Perfidy's house, her parents' house and the gym.
(c) Miss Perfidy's house, the gym and Uncle Jack's house.
(d) Miss Perfidy's house, her parents' house and school.
13. Does Miss Bowzer believe in intuition?
(a) Yes, she once had an intuition that a whaling boat would sink, and it did.
(b) No, like the sheriff, Miss Bowzer believes in facts.
(c) Yes, Miss Bowzer had an intuition that Primrose would get a pony for her birthday.
(d) No, Miss Bowzer only believes in waffles.
14. How many brothers and sisters does Primrose have?
15. Miss Bowzer suggests that Primrose have someone beat up the children bullying her. Who does she suggest?
(a) Miss Honeycut.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Miss Perfidy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sheriff shows Primrose something that has been found near a deserted island. What is it?
2. Why is Uncle Jack so eager to sell the "cinnamon house"?
3. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
4. What recipe is at the end of Chapter One?
5. What finally happens to Lena, the creator of the boiled potato recipe?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)