|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Jack hope to make the economy of Coal Harbour stronger?
(a) By selling locks of Primrose's hair.
(b) By selling waffles worldwide.
(c) By turning it into an upscale tourist attraction.
(d) By breeding more whales.
2. At first, Uncle Jack can't care for Primrose because he lives far away and is in which branch of the military?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Airforce.
(d) The Navy.
3. Who is Lena of the "Lena's Boiled Potatoes" recipe?
(a) A chef on TV.
(b) Primrose's grandmother.
(c) A Coal Harbour woman who became obsessed with winning a potato cooking contest.
(d) Primrose's Aunt.
4. What does Miss Perfidy serve Primrose to eat?
(a) Cold fish fingers.
(b) Hot waffles with bananas.
(c) A hamburger.
(d) Stale tea biscuits.
5. Does the found item change Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive?
(a) Yes, now she thinks her parents are dead.
(b) Yes, but now the sheriff believes her parents are alive.
(c) No, and everyone else agrees that her parents are alive now.
(d) No, she still believes her parents are alive, despite the evidence.
6. What smell do some people believe makes a house "homier" and helps to sell it?
7. What gift does Uncle Jack give Primrose?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A pony.
(c) A seal.
(d) A teddy bear.
8. How old does Primrose think Mrs. Perfidy is?
(a) 21 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 200 years old.
(d) 104 years old.
9. Primrose tells Uncle Jack he could sell the "cinnamon house" if he would just do one thing. What is it?
(a) Listen to Primrose's advice and insights about the townspeople.
(b) Make it smell like roses.
(c) Buy the new owner a puppy.
(d) Move away from Coal Harbour.
10. Primrose moves in with Uncle Jack when he is transferred to Coal Harbour. He is eventually assigned to do what job?
(a) Captain a boat.
(b) Run a plumbing supply depot.
(c) Build a dam.
(d) Manage a gym.
11. Primrose is first taunted by the other children when she is doing what?
(a) Walking home from school.
(b) Playing a video game.
(c) Eating ice cream.
(d) Cleaning Uncle Jack's car.
12. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
(c) British Columbia.
13. What does Primrose discover about her sweaters?
(a) They all have moth holes.
(b) They are all missing.
(c) They have all been washed.
(d) They are all too small.
14. After learning to bake cinnamon rolls, where does Primrose go to pick up a sweater?
(a) To Uncle Jack's house.
(b) To a dance studio.
(c) To Miss Perfidy's house.
(d) To the Cantina's store.
15. What is the name of the sheriff who takes Primrose away?
(a) Sheriff Judy.
(b) Sheriff Peters.
(c) Sheriff Anderson.
(d) Sheriff Tuesday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Jack tells Primrose she can come with him to show the "cinnamon house" if she will learn to do one thing. What is it?
2. How is Miss Perfidy's outfit unusual in Chapter 7?
3. Primrose avoids the children one day by slipping into a store run by Mr. and Mrs. Cantina. What type of store is it?
4. When did Primrose's family decide to spend some quality time together?
5. What is Uncle Jack's first reaction to having Primrose move in with him?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)