|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Uncle Jack finally agrees to allow Primrose to move in with him when it looks like the only other option is what?
(a) Sending her on a long trip.
(b) Sending her to a foster home.
(c) Sending her on a cruise.
(d) Sending her to a boarding school.
2. What color is Primrose's hair?
(a) Green -- "the color of leaves in the summer."
(b) Blond -- "the color of autumn wheat."
(c) Orange -- "the color of carrots in apricot glaze."
(d) Purple -- "the color of spring lilacs."
3. Which recipe is not included in the book?
(a) Barbeque Pork on a waffle.
(c) Lemon Sugar Cookies.
(d) Carrots in Apricot Glaze.
4. What are Primrose's comments about making caramel apples?
(a) The recipe should be short and difficult.
(b) Nothing -- there is no recipe for caramel apples.
(c) The recipe should be kept short and sweet.
(d) The recipe should be long and difficult.
5. Miss Bowzer suggests that Primrose have someone beat up the children bullying her. Who does she suggest?
(a) Miss Honeycut.
(b) Miss Perfidy.
(d) Uncle Jack.
6. What is Miss Honeycut's job?
(d) School guidance counselor.
7. How does Uncle Jack hope to make the economy of Coal Harbour stronger?
(a) By selling waffles worldwide.
(b) By turning it into an upscale tourist attraction.
(c) By breeding more whales.
(d) By selling locks of Primrose's hair.
8. Uncle Jack tells Primrose she can come with him to show the "cinnamon house" if she will learn to do one thing. What is it?
(a) Climb a tree.
(b) Ride a horse.
(c) Bake brownies.
(d) Bake cinnamon rolls.
9. What word best describes Miss Perfidy's personality?
10. The sheriff shows Primrose something that has been found near a deserted island. What is it?
(a) Her father's boat.
(b) A whale.
(c) Her mother's raincoat.
(d) A baby seal.
11. How many uncles does Primrose have?
(b) One: Uncle Jack.
(c) Three: Uncle Jack, Uncle Hubert and Uncle Ted.
(d) Two: Uncle Jack and Uncle Theodore.
12. What does Miss Perfidy serve Primrose to eat?
(a) Stale tea biscuits.
(b) Hot waffles with bananas.
(c) A hamburger.
(d) Cold fish fingers.
13. How long has Primrose known Miss Perfidy?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two months.
(c) All her life.
(d) Two weeks.
14. How is Miss Perfidy's outfit unusual in Chapter 7?
(a) Miss Perfidy is wearing all of Primrose's sweaters.
(b) Miss Perfidy is wearing a bathing suit with a raincoat.
(c) Miss Perfidy has her dress on backwards.
(d) Miss Perfidy is wearing a long, blond wig.
15. When does Primrose move to Uncle Jack's house?
(a) At the end of summer, to start school.
(b) In July.
(c) In the Winter.
(d) In the Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Primrose not feel any grief over her parents' loss?
2. How does Miss Perfidy act when Primrose visits her in Chapter 7?
3. Primrose asks the sheriff if he or she has ever believed something, in spite of all the evidence. What is the sherriff's answer?
4. How does Primrose describe the recipe for cinnamon rolls?
5. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)