|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sheriff who takes Primrose away?
(a) Sheriff Anderson.
(b) Sheriff Tuesday.
(c) Sheriff Judy.
(d) Sheriff Peters.
2. Miss Perfidy smells oddly of what?
(c) Used Q-tips.
(d) Bad perfume.
3. Now that she can bake cinnamon rolls, where will Primrose go with Uncle Jack?
(a) She will be able to go with him when he shows houses.
(b) She can go to the grocery store.
(c) She can go to the gym.
(d) She can go to the museum.
4. Left alone at night, what does Primrose worry about?
(a) If her parents are dead.
(b) If her plant needs to be watered.
(c) If she left the iron on.
(d) If her parents are too cold and hungry on the island.
5. Primrose is first taunted by the other children when she is doing what?
(a) Walking home from school.
(b) Playing a video game.
(c) Eating ice cream.
(d) Cleaning Uncle Jack's car.
6. Why is Uncle Jack so eager to sell the "cinnamon house"?
(a) So he can eat more cinnamon rolls.
(b) So he can use the money to finish the townhouses and condominiums he is building.
(c) So he can live in a bigger house.
(d) So he can stop showing it.
7. What does Primrose decide to write in her mother's notebook?
(a) A journal.
8. What smell do some people believe makes a house "homier" and helps to sell it?
9. Does Miss Bowzer believe in intuition?
(a) No, Miss Bowzer only believes in waffles.
(b) Yes, she once had an intuition that a whaling boat would sink, and it did.
(c) Yes, Miss Bowzer had an intuition that Primrose would get a pony for her birthday.
(d) No, like the sheriff, Miss Bowzer believes in facts.
10. What business owner is unhappy with Uncle Jack's attempts to make the town fancier?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Mr. Cantina.
(c) Miss Bowzer.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
11. What prevents Primrose from visiting the pier one day?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) A hail storm.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A blizzard.
12. How old does Primrose think Mrs. Perfidy is?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 21 years old.
(c) 200 years old.
(d) 104 years old.
13. Primrose moves in with Uncle Jack when he is transferred to Coal Harbour. He is eventually assigned to do what job?
(a) Build a dam.
(b) Manage a gym.
(c) Run a plumbing supply depot.
(d) Captain a boat.
14. What incident takes place while Primrose is in the Cantina's store, making Mr. Cantina very angry?
(a) Someone wears a funny hat.
(b) The dog's leash is cut, and he runs into the street.
(c) Someone breaks her arm.
(d) Someone leaves a cake outside in the rain.
15. Why does Primrose not feel any grief over her parents' loss?
(a) She believes they are still alive on an island.
(b) She has forgotten them.
(c) She is too little to feel sad.
(d) She is too young to remember them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
2. How does the visit with Miss Perfidy end?
3. At first, Uncle Jack can't care for Primrose because he lives far away and is in which branch of the military?
4. Primrose tells Uncle Jack he could sell the "cinnamon house" if he would just do one thing. What is it?
5. Miss Bowzer's restaurant is unique because every item is served on top of what?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)