|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who counsels the other children to be kind to Primrose because her parents are presumed dead?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) The Town Council.
(c) Miss Honeycut.
(d) Miss Perfidy.
2. Primrose moves in with Uncle Jack when he is transferred to Coal Harbour. He is eventually assigned to do what job?
(a) Run a plumbing supply depot.
(b) Manage a gym.
(c) Build a dam.
(d) Captain a boat.
3. Who is Lena of the "Lena's Boiled Potatoes" recipe?
(a) Primrose's Aunt.
(b) A Coal Harbour woman who became obsessed with winning a potato cooking contest.
(c) A chef on TV.
(d) Primrose's grandmother.
4. How much is Miss Perfidy being paid each hour to watch Primrose?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Three dollars.
5. What did Primrose's mother do after her husband was lost at sea?
(a) Hide under the bed.
(b) Sail out in the storm searching for him.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Take a nap.
6. What does Primrose decide to write in her mother's notebook?
(c) A journal.
7. What group meets to decide who will have custody of Primrose?
(a) The PTA.
(b) The Town Council.
(c) The motocycle club.
(d) The corporate Board of Directors.
8. How does Primrose describe the recipe for cinnamon rolls?
(a) Tricky and fun.
(b) Old and moldy.
(c) Fun and messy.
(d) Tricky and messy.
9. Who does Miss Honeycut have crush on?
(a) Mr. Cantina's son.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) A hockey player.
(d) Uncle Jack.
10. What did Primrose think about spending "family time" with her parents before they were lost?
(a) It was boring.
(b) It did not happen often enough.
(c) It was more fun than eating ice cream.
(d) It was the most fun she ever had.
11. Does Miss Bowzer share Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive, living on an island in the middle of the sea?
(a) No, like everyone else in town, Miss Bowzer thinks Primrose's parents are dead.
(b) o, Miss Bowzer thinks they ran away to Tahiti.
(c) No, Miss Bowzer thinks they went on vacation.
(d) Yes, Miss Bowzer is the only one who agrees with Primrose.
12. How many uncles does Primrose have?
(b) One: Uncle Jack.
(c) Two: Uncle Jack and Uncle Theodore.
(d) Three: Uncle Jack, Uncle Hubert and Uncle Ted.
13. Uncle Jack finally agrees to allow Primrose to move in with him when it looks like the only other option is what?
(a) Sending her to a foster home.
(b) Sending her on a long trip.
(c) Sending her to a boarding school.
(d) Sending her on a cruise.
14. Why is one of the houses Uncle Jack is trying to sell nicknamed the "cinnamon house"?
(a) Because it was built by Bud Cinnamon.
(b) Because it is the color of cinnamon.
(c) Because the Cinnamon family used to live there.
(d) Because it smells like burnt cinnamon.
15. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
(c) British Columbia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Miss Perfidy's cookies always taste like?
2. Why is the whaling industry dying in Coal Harbour?
3. What smell do some people believe makes a house "homier" and helps to sell it?
4. The sheriff shows Primrose something that has been found near a deserted island. What is it?
5. What country is Coal Harbour in?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)