|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the first time?
(a) Builds a sandcastle.
(b) Does her homework and goes to bed.
(c) Tames a wild horse.
(d) Bakes cookies and goes to bed.
2. What does Primrose discover about her sweaters?
(a) They all have moth holes.
(b) They are all missing.
(c) They have all been washed.
(d) They are all too small.
3. Left alone, Primrose imagines the noises from the gym are what sounds?
(a) The barking of sea otters.
(b) The chirps of happy little birds.
(c) The ghosts of dead whalers playing hockey.
(d) The groans of dying whales.
4. Primrose's belongings are divided between three places. What are they?
(a) Miss Perfidy's house, her parents' house and school.
(b) Miss Perfidy's house, her parents' house and the gym.
(c) Miss Perfidy's house, Uncle Jack's house and her parents' house.
(d) Miss Perfidy's house, the gym and Uncle Jack's house.
5. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
(a) He works in a darkroom and develops film.
(b) He is a real estate developer who builds houses.
(c) He works in a gym and has developed athlete's foot.
(d) He works in a hospital and has developed chicken pox.
6. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
(a) British Columbia.
7. What does Miss Honeycut bake for Uncle Jack in Chapter 3?
(a) Lemon Cookies.
(c) Pork Roast.
(d) Roast Beef.
8. Who does Primrose name Mallomar?
(a) Her new teddy bear.
(b) Her new puppy.
(c) A seal at the zoo.
(d) The new owner of the drugstore.
9. What prevents Primrose from visiting the pier one day?
(a) A hail storm.
(b) Heavy rain.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) An earthquake.
10. How does Miss Perfidy act when Primrose visits her in Chapter 7?
(a) She speaks French.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She dances.
(d) She is happy.
11. Does the found item change Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive?
(a) Yes, but now the sheriff believes her parents are alive.
(b) No, and everyone else agrees that her parents are alive now.
(c) No, she still believes her parents are alive, despite the evidence.
(d) Yes, now she thinks her parents are dead.
12. What word best describes Miss Perfidy's personality?
13. With her parents gone, who is Primrose's nearest living relative?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Miss Perfidy.
(c) Miss Honeycut.
(d) Uncle Teddy.
14. Where does the sheriff take Primrose?
(a) To her home.
(b) To the pier.
(c) To the sheriff's office.
(d) To the circus.
15. What is so unusual about Miss Perfidy's memory?
(a) She can't remember names.
(b) Nothing -- it's very ordinary.
(c) She "remembers" things that never happened.
(d) She can't remember anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Primrose not feel any grief over her parents' loss?
2. What are Primrose's comments about making caramel apples?
3. Who calls the sheriff when Primrose is in the store?
4. During the boring speeches at a town meeting, Primrose searches her mother's notebook for clues. Instead, she finds only two items. What are they?
5. What did Primrose think about spending "family time" with her parents before they were lost?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)