|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Miss Perfidy's personality?
2. Does the found item change Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive?
(a) No, and everyone else agrees that her parents are alive now.
(b) Yes, but now the sheriff believes her parents are alive.
(c) No, she still believes her parents are alive, despite the evidence.
(d) Yes, now she thinks her parents are dead.
3. What is the name of Kate Bowzer's restaurant?
(a) The Spiffy Whale Restaurant.
(b) The Girl on the Red Swing Restaurant.
(c) The Yellow Canary Restaurant.
(d) The Boy on the Blue Bike Restaurant.
4. Where are Primrose's sweaters left?
(a) At Uncle Jack's house.
(b) In the gym.
(c) At Miss Perfidy's house.
(d) At her parent's house.
5. What is Uncle Jack's first reaction to having Primrose move in with him?
(a) He buys her new bedroom furniture.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is reluctant, but finally agrees.
(d) He disappears.
6. What recipe is at the end of Chapter One?
(a) Chocolate Chip Cookies.
(b) Fried Squash.
(c) Roast Pork with Sage Stuffing.
(d) Carrots in Apricot Glaze.
7. How does Uncle Jack hope to make the economy of Coal Harbour stronger?
(a) By breeding more whales.
(b) By turning it into an upscale tourist attraction.
(c) By selling locks of Primrose's hair.
(d) By selling waffles worldwide.
8. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the second time?
(a) Learns to knit with her mother.
(b) Learns to play hockey with Miss Honeycut.
(c) Learns to shoot hoops with Miss Perfidy.
(d) Helps Miss Bowzer at her restaurant.
9. What are Primrose's comments about making caramel apples?
(a) Nothing -- there is no recipe for caramel apples.
(b) The recipe should be short and difficult.
(c) The recipe should be long and difficult.
(d) The recipe should be kept short and sweet.
10. What gift does Uncle Jack give Primrose?
(a) A pony.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A seal.
11. What is Miss Honeycut's job?
(c) School guidance counselor.
12. What country is Coal Harbour in?
(a) The United States.
13. What does Primrose discover about her sweaters?
(a) They all have moth holes.
(b) They have all been washed.
(c) They are all too small.
(d) They are all missing.
14. Now that she can bake cinnamon rolls, where will Primrose go with Uncle Jack?
(a) She will be able to go with him when he shows houses.
(b) She can go to the museum.
(c) She can go to the grocery store.
(d) She can go to the gym.
15. What did Primrose's mother do after her husband was lost at sea?
(a) Sail out in the storm searching for him.
(b) Hide under the bed.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Call the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Primrose's parents are lost at sea, everyone else assumes they are dead. However, Primrose "just knows" they are where?
2. What is Mallomar named after?
3. Miss Bowzer suggests that Primrose have someone beat up the children bullying her. Who does she suggest?
4. Which recipe is not included in the book?
5. When does Primrose move to Uncle Jack's house?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)