|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
(d) British Columbia.
2. Who counsels the other children to be kind to Primrose because her parents are presumed dead?
(a) Miss Honeycut.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) The Town Council.
(d) Miss Perfidy.
3. What is so unusual about Miss Perfidy's memory?
(a) She "remembers" things that never happened.
(b) Nothing -- it's very ordinary.
(c) She can't remember names.
(d) She can't remember anything.
4. Left alone, Primrose imagines the noises from the gym are what sounds?
(a) The barking of sea otters.
(b) The groans of dying whales.
(c) The ghosts of dead whalers playing hockey.
(d) The chirps of happy little birds.
5. Miss Perfidy smells oddly of what?
(a) Used Q-tips.
(d) Bad perfume.
6. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the second time?
(a) Helps Miss Bowzer at her restaurant.
(b) Learns to shoot hoops with Miss Perfidy.
(c) Learns to play hockey with Miss Honeycut.
(d) Learns to knit with her mother.
7. When does Primrose move to Uncle Jack's house?
(a) In the Spring.
(b) In the Winter.
(c) In July.
(d) At the end of summer, to start school.
8. What is Mallomar named after?
(a) A pony.
(b) A boat.
(c) Primrose's favorite waffle.
(d) Primrose's favorite cookie.
9. What is Mrs. Cantina eating in the store?
(a) A dog biscuit.
(b) A caramel apple.
(c) Cotton candy.
(d) A waffle.
10. Primrose moves in with Uncle Jack when he is transferred to Coal Harbour. He is eventually assigned to do what job?
(a) Manage a gym.
(b) Run a plumbing supply depot.
(c) Captain a boat.
(d) Build a dam.
11. Miss Honeycut is from Europe, and claims to be related to whom?
(a) The Queen of England.
(c) Uncle Jack.
(d) Johnny Depp.
12. Primrose asks the sheriff if he or she has ever believed something, in spite of all the evidence. What is the sherriff's answer?
(a) Yes, he once believed a criminal was innocent despite all the evidence.
(b) No, he only trusts the evidence.
(c) Yes, but intuition is only for minor things.
(d) No, intuition is only for children.
13. What incident takes place while Primrose is in the Cantina's store, making Mr. Cantina very angry?
(a) Someone wears a funny hat.
(b) Someone leaves a cake outside in the rain.
(c) The dog's leash is cut, and he runs into the street.
(d) Someone breaks her arm.
14. When did Primrose's family decide to spend some quality time together?
(a) After her parents came back from a vacation without her.
(b) After Primrose was lost at the circus.
(c) Before her parents went on a vacation without her.
(d) When Primrose's baby sister was born.
15. What country is Coal Harbour in?
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Left alone at night, what does Primrose worry about?
2. What is Miss Honeycut's job?
3. What recipe is at the end of Chapter One?
4. Why is Uncle Jack so eager to sell the "cinnamon house"?
5. How old does Primrose think Mrs. Perfidy is?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)