Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Miss Bowzer smoke cigarettes?
(a) No, she hates smoking.
(b) No, she is too healthy.
(c) Yes, and Primrose is allergic to it.
(d) Yes, and it reminds Primrose of her mother.
2. What business owner is unhappy with Uncle Jack's attempts to make the town fancier?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Miss Bowzer.
(c) Mr. Cantina.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
3. How much is Miss Perfidy being paid each hour to watch Primrose?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
4. What is so unusual about Miss Perfidy's memory?
(a) She "remembers" things that never happened.
(b) Nothing -- it's very ordinary.
(c) She can't remember names.
(d) She can't remember anything.
5. Does Miss Bowzer share Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive, living on an island in the middle of the sea?
(a) o, Miss Bowzer thinks they ran away to Tahiti.
(b) No, like everyone else in town, Miss Bowzer thinks Primrose's parents are dead.
(c) Yes, Miss Bowzer is the only one who agrees with Primrose.
(d) No, Miss Bowzer thinks they went on vacation.
6. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
(a) He works in a hospital and has developed chicken pox.
(b) He is a real estate developer who builds houses.
(c) He works in a gym and has developed athlete's foot.
(d) He works in a darkroom and develops film.
7. Who does Primrose name Mallomar?
(a) Her new puppy.
(b) Her new teddy bear.
(c) The new owner of the drugstore.
(d) A seal at the zoo.
8. Miss Bowzer suggests that Primrose have someone beat up the children bullying her. Who does she suggest?
(a) Miss Perfidy.
(c) Miss Honeycut.
(d) Uncle Jack.
9. What gift does Uncle Jack give Primrose?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A pony.
(c) A seal.
(d) A puppy.
10. What country is Coal Harbour in?
(a) The United States.
11. What is Mallomar named after?
(a) A boat.
(b) A pony.
(c) Primrose's favorite waffle.
(d) Primrose's favorite cookie.
12. What are Primrose's comments about making caramel apples?
(a) The recipe should be kept short and sweet.
(b) The recipe should be long and difficult.
(c) Nothing -- there is no recipe for caramel apples.
(d) The recipe should be short and difficult.
13. With her parents gone, who is Primrose's nearest living relative?
(a) Miss Honeycut.
(b) Uncle Teddy.
(c) Uncle Jack.
(d) Miss Perfidy.
14. One of the girls taunting her says that Primrose's mother should have done what instead of sailing off into the storm to find her husband?
(a) Wait until morning.
(b) Build a new boat.
(c) Call the Coast Guard.
(d) Stay with Primrose.
15. Miss Honeycut is from Europe, and claims to be related to whom?
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) The Queen of England.
(d) Johnny Depp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the found item change Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive?
2. Who does Miss Honeycut have crush on?
3. Uncle Jack has bought the Cantina's store. What other Coal Harbour business does he want to buy?
4. Which recipe is not included in the book?
5. During the boring speeches at a town meeting, Primrose searches her mother's notebook for clues. Instead, she finds only two items. What are they?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)