|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally happens to Lena, the creator of the boiled potato recipe?
(a) She starts making potato waffles.
(b) She eats so many potatoes she turns into a potato bug.
(c) She and her husband move away.
(d) She sails away in a hot air balloon.
2. What is Primrose's last name?
3. Who teaches Primrose to make cinnamon rolls?
(a) Miss Honeycut.
(b) Mrs. Cantina.
(c) Uncle Jack.
(d) Miss Bowzer.
4. The sheriff shows Primrose something that has been found near a deserted island. What is it?
(a) A baby seal.
(b) Her mother's raincoat.
(c) A whale.
(d) Her father's boat.
5. Left alone at night, what does Primrose worry about?
(a) If her parents are dead.
(b) If she left the iron on.
(c) If her plant needs to be watered.
(d) If her parents are too cold and hungry on the island.
6. When does Primrose move to Uncle Jack's house?
(a) In the Spring.
(b) In the Winter.
(c) In July.
(d) At the end of summer, to start school.
7. During the boring speeches at a town meeting, Primrose searches her mother's notebook for clues. Instead, she finds only two items. What are they?
(a) A sweater pattern and her parents' wedding photo.
(b) A recipe and a grocery list.
(c) A poem and a song.
(d) Two short stories.
8. What word best describes Miss Perfidy's personality?
9. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
(a) British Columbia.
10. What do Miss Perfidy's cookies always taste like?
11. Where does the sheriff take Primrose?
(a) To the sheriff's office.
(b) To the circus.
(c) To the pier.
(d) To her home.
12. How many brothers and sisters does Primrose have?
13. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the first time?
(a) Does her homework and goes to bed.
(b) Bakes cookies and goes to bed.
(c) Builds a sandcastle.
(d) Tames a wild horse.
14. Miss Perfidy smells oddly of what?
(a) Bad perfume.
(b) Used Q-tips.
15. Why is Uncle Jack so eager to sell the "cinnamon house"?
(a) So he can stop showing it.
(b) So he can use the money to finish the townhouses and condominiums he is building.
(c) So he can live in a bigger house.
(d) So he can eat more cinnamon rolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Primrose's sweaters left?
2. What is so unusual about Miss Perfidy's memory?
3. What gift does Uncle Jack give Primrose?
4. Primrose's belongings are divided between three places. What are they?
5. When Primrose returns home, Uncle Jack has made her favorite dinner. Why is he being unusually nice to her?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)