|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Primrose think about spending "family time" with her parents before they were lost?
(a) It was more fun than eating ice cream.
(b) It did not happen often enough.
(c) It was the most fun she ever had.
(d) It was boring.
2. Miss Honeycut is from Europe, and claims to be related to whom?
(a) The Queen of England.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(d) Johnny Depp.
3. Why does Primrose believe her parents are safe on an island when everyone else thinks they are dead?
(a) She trusts her intuition.
(b) She is not very smart.
(c) She can see them in a magic mirror.
(d) She has secret information.
4. Why is the whaling industry dying in Coal Harbour?
(a) People are too afraid of the water to go whaling.
(b) No one eats whale meat anymore.
(c) Whales are too big to catch.
(d) The whales are endangered.
5. What gift does Uncle Jack give Primrose?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A pony.
(c) A seal.
(d) A teddy bear.
6. What does Primrose discover about her sweaters?
(a) They are all missing.
(b) They have all been washed.
(c) They all have moth holes.
(d) They are all too small.
7. Primrose is first taunted by the other children when she is doing what?
(a) Playing a video game.
(b) Eating ice cream.
(c) Walking home from school.
(d) Cleaning Uncle Jack's car.
8. Primrose asks the sheriff if he or she has ever believed something, in spite of all the evidence. What is the sherriff's answer?
(a) Yes, but intuition is only for minor things.
(b) No, intuition is only for children.
(c) No, he only trusts the evidence.
(d) Yes, he once believed a criminal was innocent despite all the evidence.
9. Who does Primrose name Mallomar?
(a) The new owner of the drugstore.
(b) Her new puppy.
(c) A seal at the zoo.
(d) Her new teddy bear.
10. What does Miss Honeycut bake for Uncle Jack in Chapter 3?
(a) Pork Roast.
(b) Lemon Cookies.
(c) Roast Beef.
11. How does Uncle Jack hope to make the economy of Coal Harbour stronger?
(a) By selling waffles worldwide.
(b) By turning it into an upscale tourist attraction.
(c) By breeding more whales.
(d) By selling locks of Primrose's hair.
12. What incident takes place while Primrose is in the Cantina's store, making Mr. Cantina very angry?
(a) Someone breaks her arm.
(b) The dog's leash is cut, and he runs into the street.
(c) Someone leaves a cake outside in the rain.
(d) Someone wears a funny hat.
13. Miss Perfidy smells oddly of what?
(b) Bad perfume.
(c) Used Q-tips.
14. At first, Uncle Jack can't care for Primrose because he lives far away and is in which branch of the military?
(a) The Airforce.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Army.
15. Does the found item change Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive?
(a) Yes, now she thinks her parents are dead.
(b) No, and everyone else agrees that her parents are alive now.
(c) No, she still believes her parents are alive, despite the evidence.
(d) Yes, but now the sheriff believes her parents are alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Miss Bowzer smoke cigarettes?
2. How many uncles does Primrose have?
3. Why is one of the houses Uncle Jack is trying to sell nicknamed the "cinnamon house"?
4. Who does Miss Honeycut have crush on?
5. What business owner is unhappy with Uncle Jack's attempts to make the town fancier?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)