|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Primrose from visiting the pier one day?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Heavy rain.
(d) A hail storm.
2. Miss Honeycut is from Europe, and claims to be related to whom?
(b) The Queen of England.
(c) Uncle Jack.
(d) Johnny Depp.
3. What business owner is unhappy with Uncle Jack's attempts to make the town fancier?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Mr. Cantina.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Miss Bowzer.
4. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
(a) He works in a hospital and has developed chicken pox.
(b) He works in a gym and has developed athlete's foot.
(c) He works in a darkroom and develops film.
(d) He is a real estate developer who builds houses.
5. What do Miss Perfidy's cookies always taste like?
6. When does Primrose move to Uncle Jack's house?
(a) At the end of summer, to start school.
(b) In July.
(c) In the Spring.
(d) In the Winter.
7. Miss Bowzer suggests that Primrose have someone beat up the children bullying her. Who does she suggest?
(a) Miss Perfidy.
(b) Miss Honeycut.
(d) Uncle Jack.
8. Who does Primrose name Mallomar?
(a) The new owner of the drugstore.
(b) Her new puppy.
(c) A seal at the zoo.
(d) Her new teddy bear.
9. What does Primrose discover about her sweaters?
(a) They are all too small.
(b) They all have moth holes.
(c) They are all missing.
(d) They have all been washed.
10. Primrose asks the sheriff if he or she has ever believed something, in spite of all the evidence. What is the sherriff's answer?
(a) Yes, but intuition is only for minor things.
(b) Yes, he once believed a criminal was innocent despite all the evidence.
(c) No, he only trusts the evidence.
(d) No, intuition is only for children.
11. What did Primrose think about spending "family time" with her parents before they were lost?
(a) It was boring.
(b) It was more fun than eating ice cream.
(c) It was the most fun she ever had.
(d) It did not happen often enough.
12. What is Miss Honeycut's job?
(d) School guidance counselor.
13. When Primrose returns home, Uncle Jack has made her favorite dinner. Why is he being unusually nice to her?
(a) Because he likes Miss Perfidy.
(b) Because he believes the sheriff's evidence that her parents are dead.
(c) Because it is Primrose's birthday.
(d) Because it is a holiday.
14. Why is one of the houses Uncle Jack is trying to sell nicknamed the "cinnamon house"?
(a) Because it is the color of cinnamon.
(b) Because the Cinnamon family used to live there.
(c) Because it smells like burnt cinnamon.
(d) Because it was built by Bud Cinnamon.
15. With her parents gone, who is Primrose's nearest living relative?
(a) Uncle Teddy.
(b) Miss Honeycut.
(c) Miss Perfidy.
(d) Uncle Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Primrose tells Uncle Jack he could sell the "cinnamon house" if he would just do one thing. What is it?
2. One of the girls taunting her says that Primrose's mother should have done what instead of sailing off into the storm to find her husband?
3. Left alone, Primrose imagines the noises from the gym are what sounds?
4. What is Primrose's last name?
5. At first, Uncle Jack can't care for Primrose because he lives far away and is in which branch of the military?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)