|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell do some people believe makes a house "homier" and helps to sell it?
2. Who does Miss Honeycut have crush on?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Mr. Cantina's son.
(d) A hockey player.
3. Where are Primrose's sweaters left?
(a) In the gym.
(b) At Uncle Jack's house.
(c) At her parent's house.
(d) At Miss Perfidy's house.
4. At first, Uncle Jack can't care for Primrose because he lives far away and is in which branch of the military?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Airforce.
(d) The Marines.
5. Which recipe is not included in the book?
(a) Carrots in Apricot Glaze.
(c) Barbeque Pork on a waffle.
(d) Lemon Sugar Cookies.
6. Who is Lena of the "Lena's Boiled Potatoes" recipe?
(a) Primrose's Aunt.
(b) A chef on TV.
(c) Primrose's grandmother.
(d) A Coal Harbour woman who became obsessed with winning a potato cooking contest.
7. How does Primrose describe the recipe for cinnamon rolls?
(a) Old and moldy.
(b) Fun and messy.
(c) Tricky and messy.
(d) Tricky and fun.
8. After learning to bake cinnamon rolls, where does Primrose go to pick up a sweater?
(a) To the Cantina's store.
(b) To a dance studio.
(c) To Uncle Jack's house.
(d) To Miss Perfidy's house.
9. When Primrose's parents are lost at sea, everyone else assumes they are dead. However, Primrose "just knows" they are where?
(a) Swimming with the dolphins.
(b) Living on an island.
(c) Dancing with the stars.
(d) Skiing in the alps.
10. How many uncles does Primrose have?
(a) Two: Uncle Jack and Uncle Theodore.
(c) Three: Uncle Jack, Uncle Hubert and Uncle Ted.
(d) One: Uncle Jack.
11. Who counsels the other children to be kind to Primrose because her parents are presumed dead?
(a) The Town Council.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Miss Honeycut.
(d) Miss Perfidy.
12. What did Primrose's mother do after her husband was lost at sea?
(a) Hide under the bed.
(b) Sail out in the storm searching for him.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Call the police.
13. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
(d) British Columbia.
14. During the boring speeches at a town meeting, Primrose searches her mother's notebook for clues. Instead, she finds only two items. What are they?
(a) A poem and a song.
(b) A recipe and a grocery list.
(c) A sweater pattern and her parents' wedding photo.
(d) Two short stories.
15. What gift does Uncle Jack give Primrose?
(a) A pony.
(b) A seal.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A teddy bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Miss Perfidy's cookies always taste like?
2. Why does Primrose believe her parents are safe on an island when everyone else thinks they are dead?
3. Who teaches Primrose to make cinnamon rolls?
4. What recipe is at the end of Chapter One?
5. Miss Bowzer's restaurant is unique because every item is served on top of what?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)