|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Primrose visit the pier almost every day?
(a) To look for sharks.
(b) To eat cotton candy.
(c) To wait for her parents to return in a boat.
(d) To tame a seal.
2. Where does the sheriff take Primrose?
(a) To the circus.
(b) To the pier.
(c) To her home.
(d) To the sheriff's office.
3. What incident takes place while Primrose is in the Cantina's store, making Mr. Cantina very angry?
(a) Someone leaves a cake outside in the rain.
(b) Someone wears a funny hat.
(c) The dog's leash is cut, and he runs into the street.
(d) Someone breaks her arm.
4. How does Uncle Jack hope to make the economy of Coal Harbour stronger?
(a) By breeding more whales.
(b) By selling waffles worldwide.
(c) By selling locks of Primrose's hair.
(d) By turning it into an upscale tourist attraction.
5. What smell do some people believe makes a house "homier" and helps to sell it?
6. Miss Bowzer's restaurant is unique because every item is served on top of what?
(c) Scrambled eggs.
(d) A waffle.
7. Primrose avoids the children one day by slipping into a store run by Mr. and Mrs. Cantina. What type of store is it?
(a) A drugstore.
(b) A candy store.
(c) A video store.
(d) A grocery store.
8. Who teaches Primrose to make cinnamon rolls?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Miss Honeycut.
(c) Mrs. Cantina.
(d) Miss Bowzer.
9. What did Primrose think about spending "family time" with her parents before they were lost?
(a) It was boring.
(b) It was the most fun she ever had.
(c) It did not happen often enough.
(d) It was more fun than eating ice cream.
10. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the first time?
(a) Bakes cookies and goes to bed.
(b) Builds a sandcastle.
(c) Tames a wild horse.
(d) Does her homework and goes to bed.
11. When Primrose returns home, Uncle Jack has made her favorite dinner. Why is he being unusually nice to her?
(a) Because he believes the sheriff's evidence that her parents are dead.
(b) Because it is Primrose's birthday.
(c) Because he likes Miss Perfidy.
(d) Because it is a holiday.
12. What is Miss Perfidy's reaction when Primrose says that she "just knows" her parents are still alive?
(a) Miss Perfidy walks away.
(b) Miss Perfidy slaps her.
(c) Miss Perfidy buys her an ice cream cone.
(d) Miss Perfidy bursts into tears.
13. What is the name of the sheriff who takes Primrose away?
(a) Sheriff Peters.
(b) Sheriff Anderson.
(c) Sheriff Tuesday.
(d) Sheriff Judy.
14. With her parents gone, who is Primrose's nearest living relative?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Miss Perfidy.
(c) Miss Honeycut.
(d) Uncle Teddy.
15. What does Miss Honeycut bake for Uncle Jack in Chapter 3?
(a) Roast Beef.
(c) Lemon Cookies.
(d) Pork Roast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the sheriff when Primrose is in the store?
2. Why does Primrose believe her parents are safe on an island when everyone else thinks they are dead?
3. Uncle Jack has bought the Cantina's store. What other Coal Harbour business does he want to buy?
4. The children who taunt Primrose remind her of what vegetable?
5. Does the found item change Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)