|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Miss Bowzer share Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive, living on an island in the middle of the sea?
(a) No, like everyone else in town, Miss Bowzer thinks Primrose's parents are dead.
(b) o, Miss Bowzer thinks they ran away to Tahiti.
(c) Yes, Miss Bowzer is the only one who agrees with Primrose.
(d) No, Miss Bowzer thinks they went on vacation.
2. What is the name of Kate Bowzer's restaurant?
(a) The Yellow Canary Restaurant.
(b) The Girl on the Red Swing Restaurant.
(c) The Spiffy Whale Restaurant.
(d) The Boy on the Blue Bike Restaurant.
3. How much is Miss Perfidy being paid each hour to watch Primrose?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) One dollar.
4. Does the found item change Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive?
(a) No, she still believes her parents are alive, despite the evidence.
(b) Yes, but now the sheriff believes her parents are alive.
(c) No, and everyone else agrees that her parents are alive now.
(d) Yes, now she thinks her parents are dead.
5. Primrose is first taunted by the other children when she is doing what?
(a) Cleaning Uncle Jack's car.
(b) Playing a video game.
(c) Walking home from school.
(d) Eating ice cream.
6. What is the name of the sheriff who takes Primrose away?
(a) Sheriff Judy.
(b) Sheriff Anderson.
(c) Sheriff Peters.
(d) Sheriff Tuesday.
7. During the boring speeches at a town meeting, Primrose searches her mother's notebook for clues. Instead, she finds only two items. What are they?
(a) A poem and a song.
(b) A recipe and a grocery list.
(c) Two short stories.
(d) A sweater pattern and her parents' wedding photo.
8. Which recipe is not included in the book?
(b) Carrots in Apricot Glaze.
(c) Lemon Sugar Cookies.
(d) Barbeque Pork on a waffle.
9. The sheriff shows Primrose something that has been found near a deserted island. What is it?
(a) Her mother's raincoat.
(b) Her father's boat.
(c) A baby seal.
(d) A whale.
10. Uncle Jack has bought the Cantina's store. What other Coal Harbour business does he want to buy?
(a) The video store.
(b) Miss Bowzer's restaurant.
(c) The candy store.
(d) The bait shop at the pier.
11. When Primrose returns home, Uncle Jack has made her favorite dinner. Why is he being unusually nice to her?
(a) Because it is a holiday.
(b) Because he likes Miss Perfidy.
(c) Because he believes the sheriff's evidence that her parents are dead.
(d) Because it is Primrose's birthday.
12. Who counsels the other children to be kind to Primrose because her parents are presumed dead?
(a) Miss Perfidy.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Miss Honeycut.
(d) The Town Council.
13. Left alone at night, what does Primrose worry about?
(a) If she left the iron on.
(b) If her parents are dead.
(c) If her plant needs to be watered.
(d) If her parents are too cold and hungry on the island.
14. Miss Perfidy smells oddly of what?
(a) Used Q-tips.
(c) Bad perfume.
15. What smell do some people believe makes a house "homier" and helps to sell it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers and sisters does Primrose have?
2. Primrose and Uncle Jack live in a house next to what building?
3. What is so unusual about Miss Perfidy's memory?
4. When does Primrose move to Uncle Jack's house?
5. What color is Primrose's hair?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)