|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Primrose move to Uncle Jack's house?
(a) In the Winter.
(b) At the end of summer, to start school.
(c) In the Spring.
(d) In July.
2. Why is the whaling industry dying in Coal Harbour?
(a) Whales are too big to catch.
(b) People are too afraid of the water to go whaling.
(c) The whales are endangered.
(d) No one eats whale meat anymore.
3. How is Miss Perfidy's outfit unusual in Chapter 7?
(a) Miss Perfidy is wearing a bathing suit with a raincoat.
(b) Miss Perfidy is wearing all of Primrose's sweaters.
(c) Miss Perfidy has her dress on backwards.
(d) Miss Perfidy is wearing a long, blond wig.
4. Miss Honeycut is from Europe, and claims to be related to whom?
(a) The Queen of England.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Johnny Depp.
5. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
(a) He works in a hospital and has developed chicken pox.
(b) He works in a darkroom and develops film.
(c) He works in a gym and has developed athlete's foot.
(d) He is a real estate developer who builds houses.
6. After learning to bake cinnamon rolls, where does Primrose go to pick up a sweater?
(a) To the Cantina's store.
(b) To Uncle Jack's house.
(c) To a dance studio.
(d) To Miss Perfidy's house.
7. Miss Bowzer's restaurant is unique because every item is served on top of what?
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) A waffle.
8. What is Mallomar named after?
(a) A boat.
(b) Primrose's favorite waffle.
(c) Primrose's favorite cookie.
(d) A pony.
9. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the second time?
(a) Learns to shoot hoops with Miss Perfidy.
(b) Learns to knit with her mother.
(c) Learns to play hockey with Miss Honeycut.
(d) Helps Miss Bowzer at her restaurant.
10. Now that she can bake cinnamon rolls, where will Primrose go with Uncle Jack?
(a) She can go to the gym.
(b) She will be able to go with him when he shows houses.
(c) She can go to the grocery store.
(d) She can go to the museum.
11. Uncle Jack finally agrees to allow Primrose to move in with him when it looks like the only other option is what?
(a) Sending her on a cruise.
(b) Sending her to a boarding school.
(c) Sending her to a foster home.
(d) Sending her on a long trip.
12. How many brothers and sisters does Primrose have?
13. At first, Uncle Jack can't care for Primrose because he lives far away and is in which branch of the military?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Airforce.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Army.
14. Primrose is first taunted by the other children when she is doing what?
(a) Eating ice cream.
(b) Cleaning Uncle Jack's car.
(c) Playing a video game.
(d) Walking home from school.
15. Why does Primrose visit the pier almost every day?
(a) To eat cotton candy.
(b) To tame a seal.
(c) To look for sharks.
(d) To wait for her parents to return in a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Miss Bowzer believe in intuition?
2. Why is one of the houses Uncle Jack is trying to sell nicknamed the "cinnamon house"?
3. What is the name of the sheriff who takes Primrose away?
4. What word best describes Miss Perfidy's personality?
5. Why does Primrose not feel any grief over her parents' loss?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)