|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so unusual about Miss Perfidy's memory?
(a) She can't remember anything.
(b) She "remembers" things that never happened.
(c) She can't remember names.
(d) Nothing -- it's very ordinary.
2. How many brothers and sisters does Primrose have?
3. Why is Uncle Jack so eager to sell the "cinnamon house"?
(a) So he can use the money to finish the townhouses and condominiums he is building.
(b) So he can eat more cinnamon rolls.
(c) So he can live in a bigger house.
(d) So he can stop showing it.
4. Primrose's belongings are divided between three places. What are they?
(a) Miss Perfidy's house, Uncle Jack's house and her parents' house.
(b) Miss Perfidy's house, the gym and Uncle Jack's house.
(c) Miss Perfidy's house, her parents' house and the gym.
(d) Miss Perfidy's house, her parents' house and school.
5. Who counsels the other children to be kind to Primrose because her parents are presumed dead?
(a) Miss Perfidy.
(b) The Town Council.
(c) Miss Honeycut.
(d) Uncle Jack.
6. What finally happens to Lena, the creator of the boiled potato recipe?
(a) She starts making potato waffles.
(b) She sails away in a hot air balloon.
(c) She and her husband move away.
(d) She eats so many potatoes she turns into a potato bug.
7. Where are Primrose's sweaters left?
(a) At her parent's house.
(b) At Miss Perfidy's house.
(c) At Uncle Jack's house.
(d) In the gym.
8. Which recipe is not included in the book?
(a) Carrots in Apricot Glaze.
(b) Lemon Sugar Cookies.
(d) Barbeque Pork on a waffle.
9. Uncle Jack finally agrees to allow Primrose to move in with him when it looks like the only other option is what?
(a) Sending her on a cruise.
(b) Sending her on a long trip.
(c) Sending her to a foster home.
(d) Sending her to a boarding school.
10. Primrose moves in with Uncle Jack when he is transferred to Coal Harbour. He is eventually assigned to do what job?
(a) Manage a gym.
(b) Run a plumbing supply depot.
(c) Build a dam.
(d) Captain a boat.
11. What group meets to decide who will have custody of Primrose?
(a) The corporate Board of Directors.
(b) The PTA.
(c) The Town Council.
(d) The motocycle club.
12. What incident takes place while Primrose is in the Cantina's store, making Mr. Cantina very angry?
(a) Someone breaks her arm.
(b) The dog's leash is cut, and he runs into the street.
(c) Someone wears a funny hat.
(d) Someone leaves a cake outside in the rain.
13. Uncle Jack has bought the Cantina's store. What other Coal Harbour business does he want to buy?
(a) The video store.
(b) Miss Bowzer's restaurant.
(c) The bait shop at the pier.
(d) The candy store.
14. Does Miss Bowzer share Primrose's belief that her parents are still alive, living on an island in the middle of the sea?
(a) No, like everyone else in town, Miss Bowzer thinks Primrose's parents are dead.
(b) Yes, Miss Bowzer is the only one who agrees with Primrose.
(c) o, Miss Bowzer thinks they ran away to Tahiti.
(d) No, Miss Bowzer thinks they went on vacation.
15. What does Miss Honeycut bake for Uncle Jack in Chapter 3?
(b) Lemon Cookies.
(c) Roast Beef.
(d) Pork Roast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Cantina eating in the store?
2. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
3. What did Primrose think about spending "family time" with her parents before they were lost?
4. Miss Perfidy smells oddly of what?
5. What is Miss Perfidy's reaction when Primrose says that she "just knows" her parents are still alive?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)