|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Miss Perfidy being paid each hour to watch Primrose?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
2. What does Primrose do while Uncle Jack shows the "cinnamon house" for the first time?
(a) Bakes cookies and goes to bed.
(b) Builds a sandcastle.
(c) Tames a wild horse.
(d) Does her homework and goes to bed.
3. What incident takes place while Primrose is in the Cantina's store, making Mr. Cantina very angry?
(a) The dog's leash is cut, and he runs into the street.
(b) Someone breaks her arm.
(c) Someone wears a funny hat.
(d) Someone leaves a cake outside in the rain.
4. Who does Miss Honeycut have crush on?
(a) A hockey player.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) Uncle Jack.
(d) Mr. Cantina's son.
5. The town of Coal Harbour is located in which Canadian province?
(a) British Columbia.
6. Miss Bowzer suggests that Primrose have someone beat up the children bullying her. Who does she suggest?
(a) Miss Honeycut.
(b) Miss Perfidy.
(c) Uncle Jack.
7. What is Primrose's last name?
8. Who does Primrose name Mallomar?
(a) A seal at the zoo.
(b) Her new puppy.
(c) Her new teddy bear.
(d) The new owner of the drugstore.
9. Why does Primrose not feel any grief over her parents' loss?
(a) She is too little to feel sad.
(b) She has forgotten them.
(c) She believes they are still alive on an island.
(d) She is too young to remember them.
10. At first, Uncle Jack can't care for Primrose because he lives far away and is in which branch of the military?
(a) The Airforce.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Army.
11. When Primrose returns home, Uncle Jack has made her favorite dinner. Why is he being unusually nice to her?
(a) Because it is Primrose's birthday.
(b) Because it is a holiday.
(c) Because he likes Miss Perfidy.
(d) Because he believes the sheriff's evidence that her parents are dead.
12. Uncle Jack finally agrees to allow Primrose to move in with him when it looks like the only other option is what?
(a) Sending her to a boarding school.
(b) Sending her to a foster home.
(c) Sending her on a long trip.
(d) Sending her on a cruise.
13. Does Miss Bowzer believe in intuition?
(a) No, Miss Bowzer only believes in waffles.
(b) Yes, she once had an intuition that a whaling boat would sink, and it did.
(c) Yes, Miss Bowzer had an intuition that Primrose would get a pony for her birthday.
(d) No, like the sheriff, Miss Bowzer believes in facts.
14. What group meets to decide who will have custody of Primrose?
(a) The Town Council.
(b) The PTA.
(c) The motocycle club.
(d) The corporate Board of Directors.
15. The children who taunt Primrose remind her of what vegetable?
(a) A handful of baby carrots.
(b) A pride of squash.
(c) A bunch of broccoli.
(d) A clutch of asparagus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Jack hope to make the economy of Coal Harbour stronger?
2. During the boring speeches at a town meeting, Primrose searches her mother's notebook for clues. Instead, she finds only two items. What are they?
3. When Primrose's parents are lost at sea, everyone else assumes they are dead. However, Primrose "just knows" they are where?
4. What do Miss Perfidy's cookies always taste like?
5. Primrose asks the sheriff if he or she has ever believed something, in spite of all the evidence. What is the sherriff's answer?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)