|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Uncle Jack tells Primrose she can come with him to show the "cinnamon house" if she will learn to do one thing. What is it?
(a) Ride a horse.
(b) Bake brownies.
(c) Bake cinnamon rolls.
(d) Climb a tree.
2. What do the other kids mean when they call Uncle Jack a "developer"?
(a) He works in a hospital and has developed chicken pox.
(b) He works in a gym and has developed athlete's foot.
(c) He is a real estate developer who builds houses.
(d) He works in a darkroom and develops film.
3. One of the girls taunting her says that Primrose's mother should have done what instead of sailing off into the storm to find her husband?
(a) Wait until morning.
(b) Build a new boat.
(c) Stay with Primrose.
(d) Call the Coast Guard.
4. How does Miss Perfidy act when Primrose visits her in Chapter 7?
(a) She speaks French.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She dances.
5. Does Miss Bowzer smoke cigarettes?
(a) Yes, and Primrose is allergic to it.
(b) No, she is too healthy.
(c) No, she hates smoking.
(d) Yes, and it reminds Primrose of her mother.
6. Where are Primrose's sweaters left?
(a) At her parent's house.
(b) In the gym.
(c) At Uncle Jack's house.
(d) At Miss Perfidy's house.
7. Who is Lena of the "Lena's Boiled Potatoes" recipe?
(a) Primrose's grandmother.
(b) A chef on TV.
(c) Primrose's Aunt.
(d) A Coal Harbour woman who became obsessed with winning a potato cooking contest.
8. What is Primrose's last name?
9. After learning to bake cinnamon rolls, where does Primrose go to pick up a sweater?
(a) To Uncle Jack's house.
(b) To a dance studio.
(c) To Miss Perfidy's house.
(d) To the Cantina's store.
10. How old is Primrose at the beginning of the story?
11. What recipe is at the end of Chapter One?
(a) Chocolate Chip Cookies.
(b) Roast Pork with Sage Stuffing.
(c) Carrots in Apricot Glaze.
(d) Fried Squash.
12. Why does Primrose believe her parents are safe on an island when everyone else thinks they are dead?
(a) She is not very smart.
(b) She trusts her intuition.
(c) She can see them in a magic mirror.
(d) She has secret information.
13. Primrose is first taunted by the other children when she is doing what?
(a) Walking home from school.
(b) Cleaning Uncle Jack's car.
(c) Eating ice cream.
(d) Playing a video game.
14. Primrose asks the sheriff if he or she has ever believed something, in spite of all the evidence. What is the sherriff's answer?
(a) Yes, he once believed a criminal was innocent despite all the evidence.
(b) No, intuition is only for children.
(c) Yes, but intuition is only for minor things.
(d) No, he only trusts the evidence.
15. Primrose's belongings are divided between three places. What are they?
(a) Miss Perfidy's house, the gym and Uncle Jack's house.
(b) Miss Perfidy's house, her parents' house and the gym.
(c) Miss Perfidy's house, Uncle Jack's house and her parents' house.
(d) Miss Perfidy's house, her parents' house and school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident takes place while Primrose is in the Cantina's store, making Mr. Cantina very angry?
2. Where does the sheriff take Primrose?
3. How much is Miss Perfidy being paid each hour to watch Primrose?
4. What is the name of Kate Bowzer's restaurant?
5. What prevents Primrose from visiting the pier one day?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)