1. What has happened to Primrose's father in the first chapter?
Primrose's father is a fisherman who is lost at sea during a big storm.
2. How does Primrose's mother react when her husband is lost at sea in his huge fishing boat?
Primrose's mother sails their small skiff into the storm to find and rescue her husband.
3. In Chapter 1, what has happened to Primrose's parents?
Primrose's parents are lost at sea and presumed dead.
4. Why does the town hold a memorial service for Primrose's parents in Chapter 1?
The townspeople assume that Primrose's parents are dead and hold a memorial service, which Primrose refuses to attend.
5. Where does Primrose stay during her parents' absence in Chapter 1?
Primrose lives with Miss Perfidy, the town babysitter, who is being paid $3 per hour to watch her.
6. Who suggests that Primrose live with her nearest relative, Uncle Jack?
Miss Honeycut, the school counselor, suggests that Primrose live with her Uncle Jack.
This section contains 2,321 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)