|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a vision, Brod sees a boy reading from the Book of Antecedents. What is the title of the section he is reading from?
(b) "This is me with Augustine, February 21, 1943."
(c) "The dream of living forever with Brod."
(d) "The First Rape of Brod D."
2. What does Jonathan imagine Brod looks like?
(a) Tall with green eyes.
(b) Thin with blonde hair.
(c) Chubby with mismatched eyes.
(d) Skinny with dark hair.
3. What does Alex's father call him?
(d) Clumsy One.
4. What does Sammy Davis Junior, Junior do to the shirt that she was given to look official?
(a) She has thrown it away.
(b) She ripped it.
(c) She eats part of it.
5. Why is Sammy Davis Junior, Junior with the group?
(a) She is the tour guide for Jonathan.
(b) She is the seeing eye dog for Grandfather.
(c) She is there for company.
(d) She is there to entertain them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex do with the money he makes?
2. Who is watching Brod when she finds Yankel?
3. In "The Lottery, 1791," what is the name of the synagogue where the Rabbi does NOT want the baby to go?
4. Throughout the novel, who is Jonathan looking for?
5. Who is Little Igor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Alex tells Jonathan that he "did not amputate Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior from the story" (55) despite Jonathan's request that he do so. Why would Jonathan not want SDJJ in the story? Why does Alex keep her?
2. Describe Yankel's internal and external characteristics.
3. Describe Brod and her relationship with the townspeople.
4. Why does Alex agree to go to Lutsk? Use the book to aid in your response.
5. Describe how Yankel's feels when he finds out that he is going to be a father.
6. The synagogue has some strange features. Describe some of them.
7. What is the relationship between Grandfather and Jonathan?
8. Describe the origin of Trachimday.
9. What ailment does Grandfather claim to have and why? How do you know he is lying?
10. How did the town get its official name?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)