|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the old woman's father had the gun pointed at him and was told to do something or die, what did he do?
(a) He laughed.
(b) He cursed them.
(c) He refused.
(d) He did as he was told.
2. What does Alex think the limp arm symbolizes?
3. In "Falling in Love," who does Alex think he has found?
(b) Jonathan's grandmother.
4. Concerning Jonathan's novel, what does Alex ask Jonathan to do?
(a) He asks Jonathan to write about his Grandfather's past.
(b) He asks Jonathan to have Grandfather and Augustine converse.
(c) He asks Jonathan to delete Augustine from the story.
(d) He asks Jonathan to not write about his Grandfather's past.
5. The old woman who knows about Trachimbrod also knew Jonathan's grandfather, Safran. What does she ask Alex to tell Jonathan?
(a) Safran hated her.
(b) She received her first kiss from Safran.
(c) Safran loved her.
(d) She was supposed to marry Safran.
6. Who is the bridegroom that the men are waiting for in "The Dial, 1941-1804-1941"?
7. What did the Nazi's first do when they came to Trachimbrod?
(a) Blow everything up.
(b) Give chocolate to the children.
(c) Shoot people at random.
(d) Burn down the synagogue.
8. What is the result of Kolker's injuries?
(a) Kolker dies.
(b) Kolker is more attentive to his wife.
(c) Kolker has random violent emotional outbursts.
(d) Kolker is unable to work and becomes depressed.
9. What does the Gypsy girl want to do with Safran?
(a) She wants to get married.
(b) She wants to break up.
(c) She wants to play games.
(d) She wants to run away together.
10. Who has a ticket for the same seat at the theater as Safran?
(a) Lista P.
(c) The Gypsy girl.
11. When Safran meets the Gypsy, what is the subject of the play they are watching?
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
12. What is different about Safran when he is born?
(a) Safran is born with hair.
(b) Safran is born with teeth.
(c) Safran is born prematurely.
(d) Safran is born with a limp arm.
13. How does Alex feel about Safran having sex with older women and women who are not his wife?
(a) He wants to be like Safran.
(b) He thinks it makes Safran sound like a superior person.
(c) He thinks it is strange.
(d) He thinks it makes Safran sound like an inferior person.
14. What happens to the Gypsy girl after Safran gets married?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She leaves town.
(c) She is captured by the Nazis.
(d) She continues to have an affair with Safran.
15. "The Dial, 1941-1804-1941" goes back and forth between two stories. Who are the two stories about?
(a) Jonathan's grandfather and Brod.
(b) Alex and Little Igor.
(c) Yankel and Brod.
(d) Safran and Zosha.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the old woman want out of the car?
2. What does Alex ask Jonathan in "Letter Dated 24 December 1997?"
3. What does Alex admit to Jonathan in the "Letter Dated 17 November 1997"?
4. Why does Alex lie to his brother?
5. What is odd about traveling to Trachimbrod with the old woman?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)