|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Grandfather's dog?
(c) Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior.
(d) Little Igor.
2. Why does the Tolerable Rabbi call the winner "Kolker"?
(a) Because he is from Kolkensberg.
(b) Because of his profession.
(c) Because he is a cook.
(d) Because he is from Kolki.
3. How many sadness's does Brod discover?
4. How long does it take the baby to choose a name?
(a) Seven minutes.
(b) Two days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Two minutes.
5. In "The Lottery, 1791," who wins the lottery?
(a) The Rabbi.
6. Where does Yankel write his life history?
(a) He writes it in his diary.
(b) He writes it in the Book of Recurrent Dreams.
(c) He writes it in the Book of Antecedents.
(d) He writes it on his bedroom ceiling.
7. In "The Lottery, 1791," where are the men when in the synagogue?
(a) They are standing around the Torah.
(b) They are hanging on ropes.
(c) They are sitting in pews.
(d) They are kneeling on the floor.
8. The original Sammy Davis Junior was what?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A bad singer.
(d) A Christian.
9. Who does Alex fall in love with?
10. How do the people celebrate Trachimday?
(a) They throw sacks into the river for men to dive after.
(b) They dance around a bonfire.
(c) They dance at the river.
(d) They drive their wagons into the Brod river.
11. Who is nicknamed the "Clumsy One?"
(a) Little Igor.
12. What happens to Jonathan's documents?
(a) Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior ate them.
(b) Alex ate them.
(c) The police confiscated them.
(d) They were stolen.
13. How many entries did the Rabbi receive for the lottery?
14. What would Alex name a town if given the chance?
(a) Kolki or Odessa.
(b) Augustine or Odessa.
(c) Alex or Little Igor.
(d) Safran or Foer.
15. How do Brod and Yankel earn a living?
(a) They rent books from their personal library to the town people.
(b) They work in the public library.
(c) They work in the field.
(d) They fix anything from broken jars to broken doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important item found in the river?
2. What is The Book of Recurrent Dreams?
3. What does Yankel do with the note that his wife left him?
4. What is Yankel doing before he is told he will be a father?
5. Throughout the novel, who is Jonathan looking for?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)