|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Illumination; The Wedding Reception Was So Extraordinary! Or The End of the Moment That Never Ends, 1941; The First Blasts, and Then Love, 1941; The Persnicketiness of Memory, 1941; The Beginning of the World Often Comes, 1942-1791; Letter Dated 22 Januar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Safran think he looks like?
(a) His mother.
(b) His rabbi.
(c) His great-great-great grandfather.
(d) His neighbor.
2. What is everyone in Trachimbrod doing when the Nazis come?
(a) Celebrating Trachimday.
(c) Praying in the synagogue.
(d) Having a town meeting.
3. What is the official name of the shtetl?
4. Concerning Jonathan's novel, what does Alex ask Jonathan to do?
(a) He asks Jonathan to write about his Grandfather's past.
(b) He asks Jonathan to not write about his Grandfather's past.
(c) He asks Jonathan to delete Augustine from the story.
(d) He asks Jonathan to have Grandfather and Augustine converse.
5. How did Jonathan's grandmother survive the war?
(a) She left before the Nazis arrived.
(b) She jumped in the river.
(c) She pretended to not be Jewish.
(d) She hid in the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. The original Sammy Davis Junior was what?
2. Who wins the second lottery?
3. In "The Lottery, 1791," who wins the lottery?
4. What happens to Alex's money at the end of the novel?
5. When Alex reads Jonathan's journal, what story does he find?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)