|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding Reception Was So Extraordinary or It All Goes Downhill After the Wedding, 1941; The Dupe of Chance, 1941-1924; The Thickness of Blood and Drama, 1934; Letter Dated 12 December 1997; What We Saw When We Saw Trachimbrod or Falling in Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Concerning Jonathan's novel, what does Alex ask Jonathan to do?
(a) He asks Jonathan to not write about his Grandfather's past.
(b) He asks Jonathan to delete Augustine from the story.
(c) He asks Jonathan to have Grandfather and Augustine converse.
(d) He asks Jonathan to write about his Grandfather's past.
2. What is different about Safran when he is born?
(a) Safran is born prematurely.
(b) Safran is born with a limp arm.
(c) Safran is born with hair.
(d) Safran is born with teeth.
3. In "The Lottery, 1791," who wins the lottery?
(b) The Rabbi.
4. Throughout the novel, who is Jonathan looking for?
(a) His grandfather.
(c) His grandmother.
5. What does Yankel have in his hands when he dies?
(a) A note and his abacus bead.
(b) A note and Brod's diary.
(c) A drink and a cigar.
(d) Lipstick and a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Alex and Jonathan in "Letter Dated 12 December 1992"?
2. According to the old woman, what does Trachimbrod look like now?
3. In "The Very Rigid Search," what does Alex say that makes the old woman admit she knows about Trachimbrod?
4. Concerning marriage, what does Yankel request of Brod?
5. Who says "I mount the autobus for an hour to work all day doing things I hate. You want to know why? It is for you . . . One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be a family" (2)?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)