|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Book of Recurrent Dreams, 1791; Falling in Love, 1791-1796; Another Lottery, 1791; Letter Dated 23 September 1997; Going Forth to Lutsk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yankel do with the note that his wife left him?
(a) He rips it up.
(b) He tries to lose it.
(c) He keeps it in his pocket at all times.
(d) He burns it.
2. Who does Alex fall in love with?
3. What lie does Yankel tell himself?
(a) "I am strong."
(b) "I am not sad."
(c) "I am young."
(d) "I am Brod's biological father."
4. Who does Jonathan want to cut from the story?
(b) Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior.
5. Where does Alex live?
(c) The Ukraine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the official name of the shtetl?
2. Who claims that it was Trachim who drove into the river?
3. What does Little Igor's father buy him in an attempt to make him feel better?
4. How old is Little Igor?
5. What ailment does Grandfather claim to have?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)