|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Book of Recurrent Dreams, 1791; Falling in Love, 1791-1796; Another Lottery, 1791; Letter Dated 23 September 1997; Going Forth to Lutsk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex claim to be?
(a) A lady's man.
(b) An excellent cook.
(c) An accountant.
2. Who is the first character introduced in the book?
(a) Jonathen Safran Foer.
(c) Alexander Perchov.
(d) Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior.
3. Who says "I mount the autobus for an hour to work all day doing things I hate. You want to know why? It is for you . . . One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be a family" (2)?
(b) Alex's grandfather.
(c) Alex's mother.
(d) Alex's father.
4. What does Alex's father call him?
(d) Clumsy One.
5. What evidence does Yankel, Brod's "father," give that Brod's "mother" loved him?
(b) Books Brod's mother gave him.
(c) Love letters that Yankel wrote to himself with his left hand.
(d) Jewelry her "mother" gave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the note Yankel found on his welcome mat?
2. What does Yankel do when he gets to the river?
3. What is Yankel doing before he is told he will be a father?
4. Why is Sammy Davis Junior, Junior with the group?
5. What lie does Yankel tell himself?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)