|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Book of Recurrent Dreams, 1791; Falling in Love, 1791-1796; Another Lottery, 1791; Letter Dated 23 September 1997; Going Forth to Lutsk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sammy Davis Junior, Junior with the group?
(a) She is there for company.
(b) She is there to entertain them.
(c) She is the seeing eye dog for Grandfather.
(d) She is the tour guide for Jonathan.
2. Who is the first character introduced in the book?
(a) Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior.
(c) Jonathen Safran Foer.
(d) Alexander Perchov.
3. According to Alex, why does Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior like Jonathan so much?
(a) She likes his cologne.
(b) She likes his eyes.
(c) She likes his story.
(d) She likes his voice.
4. In "The Lottery, 1791," where are the men when in the synagogue?
(a) They are kneeling on the floor.
(b) They are hanging on ropes.
(c) They are sitting in pews.
(d) They are standing around the Torah.
5. Who says "I mount the autobus for an hour to work all day doing things I hate. You want to know why? It is for you . . . One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be a family" (2)?
(a) Alex's mother.
(b) Alex's grandfather.
(c) Alex's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is nicknamed the "Clumsy One?"
2. What is the most important item found in the river?
3. Who is in the photo that Jonathan shows to Alex?
4. The original Sammy Davis Junior was what?
5. Who does Alex fall in love with?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)