|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Falling in Love, 1934-1941; Letter Dated 24 December 1997; An Overture to Illumination; Falling in Love, 1934-1941; Letter Dated 26 January 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Little Igor sad on his birthday?
(a) He has a broken arm.
(b) He did not get a cake.
(c) He did not get a bike.
(d) He has a broken leg.
2. When Grandfather asks Alex for his life-savings, what does Alex ask for in exchange?
(a) The car.
(b) Sammy Davis Junior, Junior.
(c) To go with Grandfather.
3. At the end of "The Dial, 1941-1804-1941," Brod tells Kolker that she loves him and "for the first time in her life, the words had meaning" (139). Why do the words have meaning now?
(a) The Kolker told her the truth about her father.
(b) The Kolker has given her perfume.
(c) The Kolker has given her a baby.
(d) The Kolker is dying.
4. What does Yankel do with the note that his wife left him?
(a) He keeps it in his pocket at all times.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He tries to lose it.
(d) He rips it up.
5. Who is the old woman?
(d) The Gypsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching Brod when she finds Yankel?
2. Why does everyone read from the Book of Antecedents?
3. How do Brod and Yankel earn a living?
4. What is in all of the boxes in the old woman's house?
5. What does Alex's father do that makes Alex mad?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)