|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Falling in Love, 1934-1941; Letter Dated 24 December 1997; An Overture to Illumination; Falling in Love, 1934-1941; Letter Dated 26 January 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alex referring to when he says, "it is as if after surviving so much, there was no longer a reason to survive" (143)?
(b) Jonathan's grandfather.
(c) Alex's Grandfather.
(d) Jonathan's grandmother.
2. How old is Little Igor?
3. Who is the first character introduced in the book?
(a) Jonathen Safran Foer.
(b) Alexander Perchov.
(c) Sammy Davis, Junior, Junior.
4. Yankel was once known by what other name?
5. Concerning Jonathan's novel, what does Alex ask Jonathan to do?
(a) He asks Jonathan to have Grandfather and Augustine converse.
(b) He asks Jonathan to delete Augustine from the story.
(c) He asks Jonathan to not write about his Grandfather's past.
(d) He asks Jonathan to write about his Grandfather's past.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the old woman's father was told to do something or his wife would be shot, what did he do?
2. What is in all of the boxes in the old woman's house?
3. What would Alex name a town if given the chance?
4. What is done with the Kolker's body after he dies?
5. Who says"I must say that the dream that we are our fathers made me melancholy" (54)?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)