|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dial, 1941-1804-1941; Letter Dated 17 November 1997; Falling in Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alex hired to do?
(a) Park cars.
(b) Drive the car.
(c) Carry luggage.
2. How do the people celebrate Trachimday?
(a) They throw sacks into the river for men to dive after.
(b) They drive their wagons into the Brod river.
(c) They dance at the river.
(d) They dance around a bonfire.
3. How do Brod and Yankel earn a living?
(a) They fix anything from broken jars to broken doors.
(b) They rent books from their personal library to the town people.
(c) They work in the public library.
(d) They work in the field.
4. What does Grandfather say to the woman they meet in "Falling in Love" that is out of character?
(a) "You are a liar."
(b) "You are brave."
(c) "You are very beautiful."
(d) "You are stupid."
5. The original Sammy Davis Junior was what?
(a) A bad singer.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Brod's eyes?
2. What synagogue does Yankel belong to?
3. In "The Lottery, 1791," where are the men when in the synagogue?
4. Why does Alex lie to his brother?
5. By the time she is twelve, how many men have proposed to Brod?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)