|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tea did Marilyn drink at breakfast the morning Nath flew to Harvard?
2. How old was Lydia when, at her father's urging, she called Pam Saunders?
3. How many answers did Lydia complete the first time she took the test for her learner's permit?
4. What does Marilyn find in Chapter 10 when she starts to tear apart Lydia's room?
5. What grade was Nath in when he persuaded the librarian to allow him to borrow books from the adults' section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nath view college as a jumping off point?
2. What does James see at the dock of the lake near the fourth of July, and what did he do?
3. What was the cake like that Marilyn baked for Lydia's birthday?
4. Why did it bother Hannah when Lydia smiled after she came home from failing her test for her learner's permit?
5. How does James describe the buns Louisa made?
6. What did James say to Marilyn about being different when he came home and she confronted him about the affair?
7. What did Nath do as he got ready to visit Harvard?
8. How did Lydia think that Nath looked in his new paisley shirt?
9. What were some things that happened in the ten years after Marilyn's disappearance?
10. Where did Lydia spend her afternoons in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marilyn did not approve of her mother's choices in life. Why didn't Marilyn approve of her mother's choices in life and how did her disapproval of those choices affect the choices that Marilyn made in her own life?
Essay Topic 2
Marilyn returns home after many weeks. How did Marilyn feel about being gone from her family while she was gone and why did she finally return?
Essay Topic 3
Hannah remembers being at the lake as a family. What does Hannah remember about times the family spent at the lake, and why doesn't she think the family will ever go there again?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)