|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what airport did Nath fly?
2. What type of vehicle did Jack drive in Chapter 7?
3. When did the girls quit asking Lydia to go to birthday parties or other activities?
4. In Chapter 7 during Christmas break, how many days does Marilyn spend going over physics with Lydia?
5. What grade was Nath in when he persuaded the librarian to allow him to borrow books from the adults' section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lydia dream of doing when she had her license?
2. Why did Nath view college as a jumping off point?
3. How does James try to forget that Lydia is dead?
4. What did Nath do after his parents argued about James' affair in Chapter 10?
5. What were some stories that Marilyn read in the paper the morning Nath left for Harvard?
6. What did Nath do as he got ready to visit Harvard?
7. How easy did Nath think it would be to free himself of his family?
8. What does Nath do after he and James argue in Chapter 8?
9. What did James tell Lydia was the most important thing to remember?
10. What did James say to Marilyn about being different when he came home and she confronted him about the affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marilyn did not approve of her mother's choices in life. Why didn't Marilyn approve of her mother's choices in life and how did her disapproval of those choices affect the choices that Marilyn made in her own life?
Essay Topic 2
James had an affair. Why did James have an affair, and why did he choose to be with Louisa?
Essay Topic 3
Hannah remembers being at the lake as a family. What does Hannah remember about times the family spent at the lake, and why doesn't she think the family will ever go there again?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)