|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marilyn see James' car parked toward the end of Chapter 8?
2. When did the girls quit asking Lydia to go to birthday parties or other activities?
3. What time did James take Nath to the airport when Nath flew to Harvard?
4. How old does Marilyn think Louisa is?
5. Where do Nath and Hannah sit while Marilyn and James discuss Louisa in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nath usually get new clothes?
2. What did Lydia dream of doing when she had her license?
3. What had Marilyn always wanted her mother to say to her?
4. What was the cake like that Marilyn baked for Lydia's birthday?
5. What did Nath do as he got ready to visit Harvard?
6. What did July 3 represent to James?
7. What does James see at the dock of the lake near the fourth of July, and what did he do?
8. Why did it bother Hannah when Lydia smiled after she came home from failing her test for her learner's permit?
9. What did James give Lydia for her birthday, and how did he decide what to give her?
10. Why did Lydia wear a pretty dress to school in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lydia's parents had no idea what Lydia's life was really like. What did Marilyn and James imagine that Lydia's life was like and why was it so different from they envisioned?
Essay Topic 2
Lydia believed strongly in promises. When did Lydia make a promise that she kept for the rest of life? How did that promise shape her life and why didn't Lydia ever break it?
Essay Topic 3
Marilyn returns home after many weeks. How did Marilyn feel about being gone from her family while she was gone and why did she finally return?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)