|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marilyn go to high school?
2. What did James do in his study after Marilyn went missing?
3. In Chapter 3, whose face has Marilyn always wanted to be the face she saw before she died?
4. In Chapter 5, what gum does Marilyn smell when she handles Lydia's backpack?
5. When Marilyn was gone, what would James usually serve the children for lunch ad dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did James realize after Marilyn disappeared?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Marilyn remember Lydia doing when she was eleven months old?
3. What did Nath become obsessed with while his mother was gone?
4. What photographs did Marilyn find when she cleaned out her mother's house after Doris' death?
5. What was the only thing Marilyn kept from her mother's house and why?
6. What did the realtor tell Marilyn and James when they first moved to Middlewood?
7. How does Hannah feel about Lydia leaving and how might she have felt if she knew about her mother's disappearance?
8. What is the cemetery like in MIddlewood?
9. Where did Marilyn go at the end of Chapter 4 and what did she plan to do?
10. In Chapter 1, when does Marilyn call and tell her husband that Lydia is missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James and Marilyn marry. What were each of them looking for and why did their desires put a stress on the marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Members of the Lee family reacted differently to Lydia's disappearance. How did each member of the family react and what did that reveal about each family member?
Essay Topic 3
Hannah was nearly invisible in her family. Why was Hannah so unnoticed in her family and why was it her role to creep around in the corners and shadows?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)