|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scent nearly makes Marilyn throw up during Lydia's funeral?
2. What is the only light Hannah can see when she sneaks out of the house in Chapter 5?
3. What event did Nath view on TV when his mother was gone?
4. What was Lydia's sister eating in Chapter 1?
5. What did James do in Chapter 6 after he hit Nath?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marilyn's college advisor say when he say her first year class schedule?
2. What do the police say and do when they come to the Lee's home?
3. Why don't Nath's classmates see him again after the funeral?
4. How does Jack treat girls?
5. What did Nath become obsessed with while his mother was gone?
6. How would Lydia and Nath fall asleep each evening while their mother was gone?
7. In Chapter 3, what did Marilyn imagine it would be like when she died?
8. In Chapter 1, what does Marilyn find when she goes to Lydia's room?
9. How did Marilyn meet James Lee?
10. In Chapter 1, when does Marilyn call and tell her husband that Lydia is missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marilyn returns home after many weeks. How did Marilyn feel about being gone from her family while she was gone and why did she finally return?
Essay Topic 2
James and Marilyn had unfulfilled dreams. How did they try to foist their dreams on their children and how did that affect their family dynamics?
Essay Topic 3
The members of the Lee family try to find answers for Lydia's death. How does each family member view Lydia differently and how does that affect their view of the reason for her death?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)