|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Lydia?
2. How old was Nath when Lydia fell in the lake once when he and she were little?
3. How does James like his eggs cooked?
4. What color is Marilyn's hair?
5. What scent nearly makes Marilyn throw up during Lydia's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marilyn's college advisor say when he say her first year class schedule?
2. How does Hannah feel about Lydia leaving and how might she have felt if she knew about her mother's disappearance?
3. How did Marilyn meet James Lee?
4. In what ways do Marilyn and Lydia look alike?
5. In Chapter 3, what did Marilyn imagine it would be like when she died?
6. In Chapter 1, when does Marilyn call and tell her husband that Lydia is missing?
7. Why did James insist on a closed casket?
8. In Chapter 1, what does Marilyn find when she goes to Lydia's room?
9. What did the realtor tell Marilyn and James when they first moved to Middlewood?
10. What was it like at the lake when the whole family went?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James and Lydia both felt like outcasts because of their Chinese race. How did being Chinese affect their lives and was it directly related to how they were rejected by society?
Essay Topic 2
Marilyn's mother died in 1966. How did Marilyn's mother's death affect her and why did it cause Marilyn to examine her own life?
Essay Topic 3
Marilyn returns home after many weeks. How did Marilyn feel about being gone from her family while she was gone and why did she finally return?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)