|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what time did Hannah remember a door closing in the night and a figure crossing the lawn?
2. In Chapter 1, what time did Nath hear a radio in Lydia's room?
3. By July, how long had Marilyn been gone?
4. When do the police find Lydia?
5. What year did Marilyn go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marilyn's college advisor say when he say her first year class schedule?
2. How did Nath and Lydia spend their days while their mother was gone?
3. What did the local newspaper say about Lydia after her funeral?
4. What did James realize after Marilyn disappeared?
5. What was the only thing Marilyn kept from her mother's house and why?
6. How would Lydia and Nath fall asleep each evening while their mother was gone?
7. Why didn't the principal at Marilyn's high school want her to take shop?
8. Where did Marilyn go at the end of Chapter 4 and what did she plan to do?
9. What do the police say and do when they come to the Lee's home?
10. How did Marilyn meet James Lee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James and Marilyn marry. What were each of them looking for and why did their desires put a stress on the marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Lydia tried to find out how things went so wrong in her life. When did Lydia decide was the turning point where things went wrong in her life and how did she attempt to fix what was wrong?
Essay Topic 3
James and Lydia both felt like outcasts because of their Chinese race. How did being Chinese affect their lives and was it directly related to how they were rejected by society?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)