|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marilyn find in Chapter 10 when she starts to tear apart Lydia's room?
(b) Betty Crocker cookbook.
(d) Necklace James gave Lydia.
2. Who pushes Nath into the water in Chapter 12?
(d) Jack's dog.
3. What makeup did Lydia wear when she came downstairs for her birthday dinner?
(a) Berry-colored lip gloss.
(b) Jam-colored lip gloss.
(c) Red lipstick.
(d) Burgundy lipstick.
4. When Lydia called Nath's host student's number, how many times did the phone ring before someone answered?
5. What did Lydia do when she came home after failing the test for her learner's permit that nearly made Hannah duck behind Nath?
(c) Stomped upstairs.
(d) Smiled falsely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marilyn when James comes home from Louisa's in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 7, what grade did Lydia get on a physics text?
3. What does Hannah show James when he gets home in Chapter 12?
4. What type of tea did Marilyn drink at breakfast the morning Nath flew to Harvard?
5. Who asked James the difference between a spring roll and an egg roll?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nath usually get new clothes?
2. Why did Nath view college as a jumping off point?
3. What does James see at the dock of the lake near the fourth of July, and what did he do?
4. What were some things that happened in the ten years after Marilyn's disappearance?
5. What did July 3 represent to James?
6. What did James tell Lydia was the most important thing to remember?
7. Why did James always teach summer classes?
8. What does Nath do after he and James argue in Chapter 8?
9. What did Lydia and Jack do when they spent time together?
10. How does James describe the buns Louisa made?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)