|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Nath and Hannah sit while Marilyn and James discuss Louisa in Chapter 10?
(a) Nath's room.
(b) Living room couch.
(d) Hannah's room.
2. How old was Lydia when, at her father's urging, she called Pam Saunders?
3. What record did Hannah give Lydia for Christmas that Lydia's liked to play over and over?
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) Peter Frampton.
(d) Paul Simon.
4. What is one way that James finds refuge in Chapter 8?
(b) Long drives.
5. What does Hannah see when she comes down in the morning in Chapter 12?
(a) The milkman.
(b) The newspaper boy.
(c) Her mother and father walking.
(d) Jack and his dog heading for the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nath think they will treat his and Jack's wounds when they get home?
2. How long does Marilyn tell Nath and Hannah that she will be gone when she goes to Louisa's apartment?
3. How old does Marilyn think Louisa is?
4. What does Marilyn find in Chapter 10 when she starts to tear apart Lydia's room?
5. What grade did Jack get in the second unit of physics when she took it the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannah experience the afternoon James was gone?
2. How does James describe the buns Louisa made?
3. Why did James always teach summer classes?
4. What does Nath do after he and James argue in Chapter 8?
5. How did Lydia think that Nath looked in his new paisley shirt?
6. What did Lydia dream of doing when she had her license?
7. Why did Lydia wear a pretty dress to school in Chapter 11?
8. Why did it bother Hannah when Lydia smiled after she came home from failing her test for her learner's permit?
9. What did Hannah do while Nath was gone?
10. Where did Lydia spend her afternoons in Chapter 9?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)