|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way that James finds refuge in Chapter 8?
(b) Long drives.
2. How old was Lydia when, at her father's urging, she called Pam Saunders?
3. Why did Lydia skip Cat Malone's birthday party?
(a) Finish a science fair project.
(b) Visit her grandmother.
(c) She didn't feel comfortable going.
(d) Go on vacation with her family.
4. Where did the Lee family travel once when Hannah was a baby?
(b) New York City.
(d) Gettysburg and Philadelphia.
5. Who asked James the difference between a spring roll and an egg roll?
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Stan Hewitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lydia when her mother taught her to take a pulse?
2. What type of shirt did Nath buy for his trip to Harvard?
3. What color was Stacey Sherwin's hair?
4. Where do Nath and Hannah sit while Marilyn and James discuss Louisa in Chapter 10?
5. What did James hear when he came home at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nath usually get new clothes?
2. What was the cake like that Marilyn baked for Lydia's birthday?
3. How does James try to forget that Lydia is dead?
4. What did Hannah experience the afternoon James was gone?
5. What were some stories that Marilyn read in the paper the morning Nath left for Harvard?
6. How did Lydia think that Nath looked in his new paisley shirt?
7. What did James tell Lydia was the most important thing to remember?
8. How does James describe the buns Louisa made?
9. What did James say to Marilyn about being different when he came home and she confronted him about the affair?
10. Why did Lydia wear a pretty dress to school in Chapter 11?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)