|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did James' parents move to Iowa?
2. How far is the cemetery from Marilyn and James' home?
(a) 30 minute walk.
(b) 15-minute drive.
(c) 30-minute drive.
(d) 15-minute walk.
3. What did James do in his study after Marilyn went missing?
(a) Looked at photos of him and Marilyn.
(b) Worked on his class materials.
(c) Read a note he found in the trash.
(d) Tried to figure out where Marilyn might have gone.
4. In Chapter 3, how long has Jack lived down the street from the Lee's house?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 8 years.
5. When Nath's middle-school science class identified trees in the cemetery, what leaf did Tommy Reed get that no one else found?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who babysat Nath and Lydia when Marilyn and James went to a Christmas party in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 5, how many weeks has Hannah been practicing with the lock on the front door?
3. What did James do in Chapter 6 after he hit Nath?
4. What did James and Nath do one weekend while Marilyn was gone cleaning out her mother's house?
5. When Marilyn's mother died, how long had it been since the two had talked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police say and do when they come to the Lee's home?
2. In Chapter 3, what did Marilyn imagine it would be like when she died?
3. Why did Marilyn's mother talk to her about her behavior in home economics class?
4. How did Marilyn get rid of her mother's things?
5. Where did Marilyn go at the end of Chapter 4 and what did she plan to do?
6. How was James able to attend a private school for twelve years?
7. What does Hannah think Lydia would have seen on her last night as she steps out into the night?
8. In Chapter 1, what does Marilyn remember Lydia doing when she was eleven months old?
9. What did Marilyn's college advisor say when he say her first year class schedule?
10. How did Nath and Lydia spend their days while their mother was gone?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)