|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Marilyn when her father left?
2. How old was Lydia?
3. What radio station does Lydia's father listen to on the way to work in Chapter 1?
4. When James took Nath to the pool in Chapter 4, what were the other children playing when they arrived?
(a) Atomic Whirlpool.
(b) Dolphins and Sharks.
(d) Marco Polo.
5. How far is the cemetery from Marilyn and James' home?
(a) 15-minute drive.
(b) 30 minute walk.
(c) 30-minute drive.
(d) 15-minute walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lydia and Nath do when school was out, but their mother was still missing?
2. Who was Nath's middle-school science teacher who took the class on field trips to the cemetery?
3. What is Jack wearing when Nath and Hannah see him walk past the lake in Chapter 5?
4. Where did James go to college?
5. In 1966, what did school lunches cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the only thing Marilyn kept from her mother's house and why?
2. In what ways do Marilyn and Lydia look alike?
3. What did the local newspaper say about Lydia after her funeral?
4. In Chapter 3, what did Marilyn imagine it would be like when she died?
5. How does Hannah feel about Lydia leaving and how might she have felt if she knew about her mother's disappearance?
6. What do the police say and do when they come to the Lee's home?
7. What did Marilyn's college advisor say when he say her first year class schedule?
8. In Chapter 1, what does Marilyn find when she goes to Lydia's room?
9. Why did Marilyn's mother talk to her about her behavior in home economics class?
10. What was it like at the lake when the whole family went?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)