|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is James Lee?
2. In Chapter 5, where does Hannah hide while her parents argue after the police leave?
(a) In the hall.
(b) Behind the sofa.
(c) Under the table.
(d) In her room.
3. What does Marilyn do in Chapter 5 after James leaves for his ten o'clock class?
(a) Rushes to the bathroom.
(b) Throws a tea cup.
(c) Runs to her room.
(d) Shatters a bowl.
4. Where did James go to college?
(b) Iowa State.
5. What was Lydia wearing when she was last seen?
(a) Shorts and tank top.
(b) School uniform.
(c) Flowered halter-neck dress.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Allen, a neighbor, asked James how long Marilyn would be gone, what did he tell her?
2. What does Marilyn count as she tries to sleep the afternoon after Lydia's funeral?
3. In Chapter 6, by mid-May, how long had Marilyn been missing?
4. How far do the Lees live from Toledo?
5. What was Marilyn studying in July when she was living in Toledo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack treat girls?
2. How did Nath and Lydia spend their days while their mother was gone?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Marilyn remember Lydia doing when she was eleven months old?
4. Why did James insist on a closed casket?
5. How did Marilyn meet James Lee?
6. What was the only thing Marilyn kept from her mother's house and why?
7. What photographs did Marilyn find when she cleaned out her mother's house after Doris' death?
8. Why don't Nath's classmates see him again after the funeral?
9. What does Hannah think Lydia would have seen on her last night as she steps out into the night?
10. What do the police say and do when they come to the Lee's home?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)