|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the other students do when Marilyn was a sophomore in college and went to the lab?
(a) Stole her beakers.
(b) Urinated in her beakers.
(c) Broke her specimens.
(d) Ruined her experiments.
2. Who was Lydia's physics teacher?
(a) Mr. Washington.
(b) Mr. Kelly.
(c) Mr. Andrews.
(d) Mr. Livingston.
3. How does Marilyn know that James is having an affair?
(a) James tells her.
(b) She hears one of James' colleagues talking about the affair.
(c) She finds lipstick on James' collar.
(d) Nath tells her.
4. How long does Nath think it will take to heal from Lydia's death?
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 months.
5. Why did James give Louisa a ride when he picked Lydia up from school in Chapter 9?
(a) She had a dentist appointment.
(b) Her car was in the shop.
(c) She didn't have a car.
(d) She had a doctor's appointment.
6. What did James hear when he came home at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The television.
(b) Nath's music.
(c) The radio playing.
7. In Chapter 8, how is the dock at the lake decorated near the fourth of July?
(a) Masses of roses.
(b) Red, white, and blue artificial flowers.
(d) Red and white balloons and bunting.
8. Where is Marilyn when James comes home from Louisa's in Chapter 10?
(b) Living room.
(c) Hannah's room.
(d) Lydia's room.
9. What did Hannah think about Lydia at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) That Lydia was balanced on a dangerous, high-up ledge.
(b) That Lydia was happy.
(c) That Lydia wasn't letting the failed test upset her.
(d) That Lydia was pleased with her brithday.
10. How long does Marilyn tell Nath and Hannah that she will be gone when she goes to Louisa's apartment?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) About an hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
11. Where was Marilyn when James came home at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) Lydia's room.
(d) At the grocery store.
12. When does James speak to Louisa again?
(a) A month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
13. How old was Lydia when, at her father's urging, she called Pam Saunders?
14. What does Hannah show James when he gets home in Chapter 12?
(a) A squirrel in the yard.
(b) Something on television.
(c) A flower blooming.
(d) Footprint on the ceiling.
15. What does Nath drink in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What design did Marilyn use for Lydia's birthday cake?
2. Who was the only one that noticed that Lydia was trembling when she came home after failing her test for her learner's permit?
3. What does Nath think Jack will have as a reminder of their fight?
4. In Chapter 8, what did Nath do after his father told Nath that he didn't know anything about Lydia's life?
5. In Chapter 7, how long did it take Lydia to memorize the answers to her failed physics text?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)