|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jack start to teach Lydia to drive?
2. What had Hannah say that she and Marilyn had done all afternoon while James was gone in Chapter 12?
(a) Laid on Lydia's bed and cried.
(b) Watched television.
(c) Took a walk.
(d) Read books.
3. What did the other students do when Marilyn was a sophomore in college and went to the lab?
(a) Ruined her experiments.
(b) Urinated in her beakers.
(c) Broke her specimens.
(d) Stole her beakers.
4. What does Nath do after his father leaves the house in Chapter 10?
(a) Goes to his room and turns on music.
(b) Runs down the street.
(c) Goes to a friend's house.
(d) Takes his mother's car.
5. What time is it when Marilyn sends Hannah upstairs to bed in Chapter 12?
(a) Just past 8.
(d) Around 9.
6. How old does Marilyn think Louisa is?
(b) 24 or 25.
(d) 22 or 23.
7. Why did Lydia skip Cat Malone's birthday party?
(a) She didn't feel comfortable going.
(b) Go on vacation with her family.
(c) Visit her grandmother.
(d) Finish a science fair project.
8. What did Lydia do when she came home after failing the test for her learner's permit that nearly made Hannah duck behind Nath?
(b) Stomped upstairs.
(d) Smiled falsely.
9. How does Nath think they will treat his and Jack's wounds when they get home?
(a) Antiseptic cream.
(b) Hydrogen peroxide.
(d) Soap and water.
10. At what time does Marilyn look for James in Chapter 8 when he hasn't come home?
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
11. When was the investigation into Lydia's death closed?
(a) August 14.
(b) June 28.
(c) July 3.
(d) September 5.
12. What does Hannah see when she comes down in the morning in Chapter 12?
(a) The milkman.
(b) Her mother and father walking.
(c) The newspaper boy.
(d) Jack and his dog heading for the lake.
13. Who pushes Nath into the water in Chapter 12?
(c) Jack's dog.
14. What does Nath think about when he falls into the water?
(a) How Lydia felt when she drowned.
(b) If he should just drown.
(c) Why Jack pushed him in the water.
(d) Whether he'll be able to swim.
15. What record did Hannah give Lydia for Christmas that Lydia's liked to play over and over?
(a) Bob Dylan.
(b) Peter Frampton.
(c) Paul Simon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did snow fall on Miami?
2. In Chapter 8, what did Nath do after his father told Nath that he didn't know anything about Lydia's life?
3. Why did James give Louisa a ride when he picked Lydia up from school in Chapter 9?
4. What makeup did Lydia wear when she came downstairs for her birthday dinner?
5. What is one way that James finds refuge in Chapter 8?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)