|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jack start to teach Lydia to drive?
2. At what time does Marilyn look for James in Chapter 8 when he hasn't come home?
(a) 3 a.m.
(d) 2 a.m.
3. In Chapter 7 during Christmas break, how many days does Marilyn spend going over physics with Lydia?
4. What was the only school that Nath knew his father would approve?
(a) Carnegie Mellon.
5. How long would Nath visit Harvard?
(a) Friday to Sunday.
(b) Friday to Monday.
(c) Friday to Tuesday.
(d) Friday to Saturday.
6. Who asked James the difference between a spring roll and an egg roll?
(a) Stan Hewitt.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
7. In Chapter 9, on what topic did Lydia have to write a 2,000-word English essay?
8. What design did Marilyn use for Lydia's birthday cake?
(a) Science images.
(b) Driver's license.
(c) Flowers and leaves.
(d) Puppies and kittens.
9. What grade was Nath in when he persuaded the librarian to allow him to borrow books from the adults' section?
10. What time did James take Nath to the airport when Nath flew to Harvard?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 5:30 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 6:00 a.m.
11. What did Lydia do when she came home after failing the test for her learner's permit that nearly made Hannah duck behind Nath?
(a) Smiled falsely.
(c) Stomped upstairs.
12. In Chapter 7, what grade did Lydia get on a physics text?
13. Where was Marilyn when James came home at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Lydia's room.
(d) At the grocery store.
14. Where is Marilyn when James comes home from Louisa's in Chapter 10?
(a) Lydia's room.
(b) Living room.
(d) Hannah's room.
15. From what airport did Nath fly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What swimming stroke does Nath use to get back to the shore?
2. Who pushes Nath into the water in Chapter 12?
3. What type of vehicle did Jack drive in Chapter 7?
4. How does Marilyn know that James is having an affair?
5. In Chapter 8, how is the dock at the lake decorated near the fourth of July?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)