|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many answers did Lydia complete the first time she took the test for her learner's permit?
2. What did James give Lydia as an early birthday present?
(b) Gold heart necklace.
(c) Silver heart necklace.
(d) Movie tickets.
3. What makeup did Lydia wear when she came downstairs for her birthday dinner?
(a) Red lipstick.
(b) Berry-colored lip gloss.
(c) Burgundy lipstick.
(d) Jam-colored lip gloss.
4. How long does Nath think it will take to heal from Lydia's death?
(c) 12 months.
(d) 5 years.
5. What did Nath want for his 14th birthday?
(c) Clock radio.
(d) Trip to NASA.
6. Where does Marilyn see James' car parked toward the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Under an oak tree.
(b) Behind a shed.
(c) Beneath a scrubby maple.
(d) On the side of the road.
7. Where did Hannah put Lydia's book of driving rules and regulations?
(a) In the back of Lydia's closet.
(b) Under her own pillow.
(c) On a bookcase downstairs.
(d) In the back of her own closet.
8. What time did James take Nath to the airport when Nath flew to Harvard?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
9. Who asked James the difference between a spring roll and an egg roll?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) Stan Hewitt.
10. What was Carter's approval rating the day that Nath flew to Harvard?
(a) 57 percent.
(b) 49 percent.
(c) 60 percent.
(d) 65 percent.
11. What color was Stacey Sherwin's hair?
12. What swimming stroke does Nath use to get back to the shore?
(a) Side stroke.
(b) Breast stroke.
(c) Front crawl.
(d) Dog paddle.
13. Who would be escorting Nath when he visited Harvard?
(a) A senior astrophysics major.
(b) A junior astrophysics major.
(c) A junior physics major.
(d) A senior atomic/molecular physics major.
14. Where does Louisa live?
(a) Walnut St.
(b) 4th St.
(c) 11th Ave.
(d) Main St.
15. What color frosting did Marilyn use to write Lydia's name on her birthday cake?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the investigation into Lydia's death closed?
2. In Chapter 7, how long did it take Lydia to memorize the answers to her failed physics text?
3. When Lydia called Nath's host student's number, how many times did the phone ring before someone answered?
4. How does Marilyn know that James is having an affair?
5. In Chapter 9, on what topic did Lydia have to write a 2,000-word English essay?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)