|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only light Hannah can see when she sneaks out of the house in Chapter 5?
(a) Light from a neighbor's patio door.
(b) A lamp in Mr. Jones' window.
(c) From a streetlight.
(d) Mrs. Allen's front-door light.
2. What did James and Nath do one weekend while Marilyn was gone cleaning out her mother's house?
(a) Played basketball.
(b) Went to a movie.
(c) Played baseball.
(d) Went to the Y.
3. What flowers did Marilyn have at her wedding?
4. What does James do for a living?
(c) Store owner.
5. In Chapter 3, how long has Jack lived down the street from the Lee's house?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
6. What did James do in his study after Marilyn went missing?
(a) Read a note he found in the trash.
(b) Looked at photos of him and Marilyn.
(c) Worked on his class materials.
(d) Tried to figure out where Marilyn might have gone.
7. When did James' parents move to Iowa?
8. In Chapter 3, whose face has Marilyn always wanted to be the face she saw before she died?
9. What did Marilyn like to read when the family went to the lake together?
(a) "New Yorker."
(b) A mystery novel.
(c) Local newspaper.
(d) A novel.
10. When Marilyn's mother died, how long had it been since the two had talked?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
11. What does Marilyn count as she tries to sleep the afternoon after Lydia's funeral?
(a) Blue forget-me-nots.
(c) Red poppies on her sheets.
12. How old was Marilyn when Nath was in first grade?
13. How old is James Lee?
14. What is Jack wearing when Nath and Hannah see him walk past the lake in Chapter 5?
(a) Faded blue T-shirt.
(b) White T-shirt.
(c) White dress shirt.
(d) Long-sleeved gray shirt.
15. In Chapter 4, who did Marilyn ask if he needed a research assistant?
(a) Richard Manning.
(b) Tom Lawson.
(c) Peter Prentice.
(d) Bob Rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Nath's middle-school science teacher who took the class on field trips to the cemetery?
2. When Nath's middle-school science class identified trees in the cemetery, what leaf did Tommy Reed get that no one else found?
3. When was Nate supposed to have his high school graduation ceremony?
4. In Chapter 6, when Nath sneaked outside, what did Jack offer him?
5. What was the only thing Marilyn wanted to keep when she went through her mother's things after her mother died?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)