|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marilyn calls the high school to see if Lydia is in class, who answers the phone?
(c) The assistant principal.
(d) The principal.
2. What did James do in Chapter 6 after he hit Nath?
(a) Hugged the children.
(b) Locked the children outside.
(c) Kicked the television.
(d) Locked himself in his study.
3. Where did Marilyn go to college?
(a) Ohio State.
4. What does James do for a living?
(c) Store owner.
5. What is the dates at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 21, 1981.
(b) May 3, 1977.
(c) July 11, 1979.
(d) April 10, 1984.
6. What color is Marilyn's hair?
(a) Honey blonde.
(d) Mousy brown.
7. In Chapter 3, how long does Nath stay at the cemetery after his family leaves?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
8. By July, how long had Marilyn been gone?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 30 days.
9. How old was Marilyn when Nath was in first grade?
10. When Nath's middle-school science class identified trees in the cemetery, what leaf did Tommy Reed get that no one else found?
11. When Mrs. Allen, a neighbor, asked James how long Marilyn would be gone, what did he tell her?
(a) Not sure.
(b) A couple months.
(d) A few weeks.
12. In Chapter 3, how long has Jack lived down the street from the Lee's house?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 10 years.
13. What radio station does Lydia's father listen to on the way to work in Chapter 1?
14. In Chapter 5, what does Hannah pull from underneath Lydia's bed?
(a) Velvet box.
15. In 1966, what did school lunches cost?
(a) 20 cents.
(b) 35 cents.
(c) 25 cents.
(d) 30 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far do the Lees live from Toledo?
2. When James took Nath to the pool in Chapter 4, what were the other children playing when they arrived?
3. What year did Marilyn go to college?
4. When did Marilyn meet James?
5. In Chapter 3, what did Marilyn imagine would be Lydia's profession when Lydia was an adult?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)