|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marilyn go to college?
(c) Ohio State.
2. What scent nearly makes Marilyn throw up during Lydia's funeral?
3. When Marilyn went through her mother's things after her mother died, how many photos of herself and her mother did Marilyn find?
(b) Too many to count.
4. How far do the Lees live from Toledo?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) An hour.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) An hour and a half.
5. What did James do in his study after Marilyn went missing?
(a) Read a note he found in the trash.
(b) Looked at photos of him and Marilyn.
(c) Tried to figure out where Marilyn might have gone.
(d) Worked on his class materials.
6. When Marilyn was gone, what would James usually serve the children for lunch ad dinner?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly.
(b) Canned soup.
(c) Dry cereal.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
7. In Chapter 5, where does Hannah hide while her parents argue after the police leave?
(a) Under the table.
(b) In the hall.
(c) In her room.
(d) Behind the sofa.
8. In Chapter 3, how long has Jack lived down the street from the Lee's house?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
9. What color uniforms did the men wear who packed up Marilyn's mother's house after Doris died?
10. How old was Lydia when Marilyn gave her a stethoscope for her birthday?
11. In Chapter 3, what did Marilyn imagine would be Lydia's profession when Lydia was an adult?
12. What does Marilyn count as she tries to sleep the afternoon after Lydia's funeral?
(c) Red poppies on her sheets.
(d) Blue forget-me-nots.
13. In Chapter 3, whose face has Marilyn always wanted to be the face she saw before she died?
14. When did James ask Louisa Chen to be a teaching assistant?
15. In Chapter 6, when Nath sneaked outside, what did Jack offer him?
(a) Red candies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Marilyn studying in July when she was living in Toledo?
2. Who was Nath's middle-school science teacher who took the class on field trips to the cemetery?
3. In 1966, what did school lunches cost?
4. When was Nate supposed to have his high school graduation ceremony?
5. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)