|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how long has it been since the funeral?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
2. What is Louisa's apartment number?
3. What is the only light Hannah can see when she sneaks out of the house in Chapter 5?
(a) A lamp in Mr. Jones' window.
(b) Mrs. Allen's front-door light.
(c) From a streetlight.
(d) Light from a neighbor's patio door.
4. When James was a child, how long had his mother been sick with the flu when the family had to turn off the heat?
(a) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 1/2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. When James took Nath to the pool in Chapter 4, what were the other children playing when they arrived?
(a) Dolphins and Sharks.
(b) Marco Polo.
(d) Atomic Whirlpool.
6. When Marilyn was gone, what would James usually serve the children for lunch ad dinner?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(b) Dry cereal.
(c) Peanut butter and jelly.
(d) Canned soup.
7. In Chapter 5, where does Hannah notice that her father has a hole in his sock?
8. What did James do in Chapter 6 after he hit Nath?
(a) Locked the children outside.
(b) Kicked the television.
(c) Hugged the children.
(d) Locked himself in his study.
9. When do the police find Lydia?
10. How old is Louisa?
11. In Chapter 3, how long does Nath stay at the cemetery after his family leaves?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
12. What is the dates at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) May 3, 1977.
(b) April 10, 1984.
(c) July 11, 1979.
(d) August 21, 1981.
13. In Chapter 3, when does Jack tell the police he last saw Lydia?
(a) Sunday evening.
(b) Monday afternoon.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) Monday evening.
14. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) May 31.
(b) June 2.
(c) June 1.
(d) May 30.
15. How old was Nath when Lydia fell in the lake once when he and she were little?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Nate supposed to have his high school graduation ceremony?
2. What was Lydia's sister eating in Chapter 1?
3. How many minutes is it from James and Marilyn's house to the bank and grocery store?
4. What did James and Nath do one weekend while Marilyn was gone cleaning out her mother's house?
5. How old is James Lee?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)