|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marilyn like to read when the family went to the lake together?
(a) A mystery novel.
(b) A novel.
(c) Local newspaper.
(d) "New Yorker."
2. What does Marilyn do in Chapter 5 after James leaves for his ten o'clock class?
(a) Shatters a bowl.
(b) Rushes to the bathroom.
(c) Runs to her room.
(d) Throws a tea cup.
3. When James was a child, how long had his mother been sick with the flu when the family had to turn off the heat?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 1/2 months.
4. What does Marilyn find in Chapter 10 when she starts to tear apart Lydia's room?
(a) Necklace James gave Lydia.
(b) Betty Crocker cookbook.
5. In Chapter 5, where does Hannah hide while her parents argue after the police leave?
(a) Under the table.
(b) In the hall.
(c) Behind the sofa.
(d) In her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lydia and Nath do when school was out, but their mother was still missing?
2. In Chapter 3, how long has Jack lived down the street from the Lee's house?
3. When Marilyn was gone, what would James usually serve the children for lunch ad dinner?
4. Where do Nath and Hannah sit while Marilyn and James discuss Louisa in Chapter 10?
5. Who babysat Nath and Lydia when Marilyn and James went to a Christmas party in Chapter 4?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)