• The Lees are having breakfast and wondering why Lydia is late one day in May in 1977.
• What they don’t know is that Lydia is dead.
• Lydia’s brother and sister tell their mother how they heard Lydia the night before.
• Nathan and Hannah want to stay home from school, but Marilyn has Nathan drive her car to school with Hannah.
• Marilyn calls the high school, and she learns that Lydia is not at school.
• She searches the house, even opening cupboards looking for Lydia.
• When she doesn’t find Lydia, she decides to call her husband.
• James is grading papers in his office at Middlewood College.
• His teaching assistant, Louisa, brings the essays she was grading.
• They discuss how the students did on the essays.
• Stanley Hewitt, another professor, comes to James’ office.
• Marilyn speaks to James and asks him to come home.
• When the...
This section contains 3,879 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)