|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madeline suggest Olly should do regarding his family in “This Time”?
2. Where do Olly and Madeline go on a detour to see Carla on their way to the airport?
3. How does Madeline describe the movement of time in "Here and Now"?
4. Where does Carla tell Madeline she left in the middle of the night, leaving her parents and siblings in "Infected"?
5. With what names do Olly and Madeline check in at the hotel in "Reward if Found"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Chase's assessment of Madeline's condition in “Beginnings and Endings”?
2. What are some of the plot holes seen in Madeline's escape with Olly to Hawaii?
3. What is the significance of the family portrait that Madeline's mother gives her?
4. How does Carla respond to the email Madeline shows her in “Identity”?
5. Why does Olly express anger toward his mother in “This Time”?
6. What is the significance of the title of “After the Death Of”?
7. How is Olly's friend Zach described in the narrative?
8. Where does Madeline travel to in the end of the novel? Why?
9. What is the metaphor that Olly describes in “The Carousel"?
10. How does Madeline perceive her union with Olly in “All the Words”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the plot twist that occurs near the ending of Everything, Everything. What is revealed in the plot twist? How does this plot twist change the objectives of the protagonist and antagonist? What foreshadowing indicated this plot twist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of irony in Everything, Everything. What are examples of dramatic irony in the novel? What are examples of verbal irony? How does the author employ situational irony? What purpose does each example serve?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events that lead to Madeline's first venture from her home in the novel. What causes Madeline to leave her house? How does her mother respond? What are the repercussions of Madeline's departure from her home?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)