|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carla immediately do when she first sees Madeline in "Infected"?
2. What word is described in "Madeline's Dictionary" as "The state of not knowing where one body ends and another begins" (226)?
3. What document comprises "Released, Part One"?
4. What does Madeline say she named all the goldfish she bought in "Five Weeks A.D."?
5. What does Madeline determine is a terrible thing in "Readmitted"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Madeline's circumstances changed in “Readmitted”?
2. Where does Madeline travel to in the end of the novel? Why?
3. What is revealed in the chapter titled “Madeline’s Mom”?
4. How does Madeline go about convincing Olly to run away with her to Hawaii?
5. What are some of the plot holes seen in Madeline's escape with Olly to Hawaii?
6. Why does Madeline come to envy Olly's life in “Higher Education"?
7. How does Carla respond to the email Madeline shows her in “Identity”?
8. What is revealed in the email Madeline receives in “For My Eyes Only”?
9. How is Olly's friend Zach described in the narrative?
10. What does Carla observe outside the window when the truck is heard in “Reunion”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the plot structure of Everything, Everything. Does the story develop in a linear pattern? Where in the novel does the exposition transform to rising action? Where is the climax? What is revealed in the falling action and denouement?
Essay Topic 2
What leads up to Madeline's first face-to-face meeting with Olly? Why is this meeting kept secret? How do each of these characters perceive the other based on their first impressions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Madeline and Olly's trip to Hawaii. Why do they go to Hawaii? How does Madeline convince Olly to run away with her? What experiences does she have in Hawaii?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)