|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Madeline read on the plane in "Forgiveness"?
2. What does Madeline use as a metaphor to describe her guilt in "Readmitted"?
3. What kind of flowers does Madeline describe in the field in “Geography”?
4. How much money does Madeline say the condoms cost in "All the Words"?
5. When does Madeline say she got tickets to Hawaii in “Happy Already”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Chase's assessment of Madeline's condition in “Beginnings and Endings”?
2. Where does Madeline travel to in the end of the novel? Why?
3. What does Madeline contemplate on Olly's rooftop in “The End is the Beginning is the End”?
4. What is revealed in the chapter titled “Madeline’s Mom”?
5. Why does Madeline break off communication with Olly in “Released, Part Two”?
6. What is the significance of the family portrait that Madeline's mother gives her?
7. What is the significance of the chapters that are titled "Madeline's Dictionary"?
8. Why does Madeline's mother claim she has decided to re-hire Carla in “Pretending”?
9. Why has Madeline chosen Hawaii as the destination she wants to escape to with Olly?
10. What is the significance of the title of “After the Death Of”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Madeline and Olly's trip to Hawaii. Why do they go to Hawaii? How does Madeline convince Olly to run away with her? What experiences does she have in Hawaii?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events that lead to Madeline's first venture from her home in the novel. What causes Madeline to leave her house? How does her mother respond? What are the repercussions of Madeline's departure from her home?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the plot twist that occurs near the ending of Everything, Everything. What is revealed in the plot twist? How does this plot twist change the objectives of the protagonist and antagonist? What foreshadowing indicated this plot twist?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)