|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madeline describe her father's death in "Mirror, Mirror"?
2. Madeline asserts that normal people pace when they are nervous. What does Olly do instead?
3. By what name does Olly call Madeline when they meet in "Olly"?
4. What do Olly and his sister bring over to give to Madeline's mother in "Menteuse"?
5. What is the receipt for in the chapter "Thank You For Shopping"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the sun room in Madeline's house described?
2. What leads to Madeline's mother's revelation that Madeline has had physical contact with Olly?
3. How is Madeline's room described in "The White Room"?
4. What does Madeline do with her mother in “Brthdae Uish”?
5. How is the process which one must go through in order to see Madeline in person described in the narrative?
6. How is Carla's character described? What is her relationship to Madeline?
7. What causes Madeline to leave her home in “Owtsyd"?
8. Why does Madeline become frustrated with her clothing choices in “Mirror, Mirror”?
9. How does Madeline describe Olly's room in "I Spy"?
10. What does Olly explain regarding Chaos theory in “Forecast"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the different methods of communication that Olly and Madeline use to contact one another. What is the significance of each method of communication? Which method is the most rewarding for the characters? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the plot twist that occurs near the ending of Everything, Everything. What is revealed in the plot twist? How does this plot twist change the objectives of the protagonist and antagonist? What foreshadowing indicated this plot twist?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Madeline as the protagonist of Everything, Everything. What characteristics make Madeline stand out as a protagonist? What are Madeline's weaknesses? What are her principle motivations in the novel?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)