|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Madeline's new nurse in "Nurse Evil"?
2. In the "Daily Health Log" in "Scid Row," what is the date listed?
3. What does Madeline describe as the bane of her existence in "Olly"?
4. How many hours of sleep does Madeline describe getting the night before in "Numerology"?
5. What do Olly and his sister bring over to give to Madeline's mother in "Menteuse"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Olly do with the Bundt cake in “First Contact”?
2. What does Carla remark about love in “Perspectives”?
3. How does Madeline explain her behavior to her mother in “Owtsyd"?
4. What causes Madeline to leave her home in “Owtsyd"?
5. How does Madeline respond when Carla is fired?
6. Why has Carla changed her mind about allowing Olly to visit in “To Those Who Wait”?
7. What allusions does the author make to Alice in Wonderland in the novel?
8. How is “Neighborhood Watch” structured? What is revealed in this chapter?
9. How does Olly end up touching Madeline in “Upside Down"?
10. What does Madeline research in the chapter titled “Research"? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Madeline as the protagonist of Everything, Everything. What characteristics make Madeline stand out as a protagonist? What are Madeline's weaknesses? What are her principle motivations in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Nurse Janet. What kind of relationship does Madeline form with Nurse Janet? How is Nurse Janet different from Carla? How is she similar or different from Dr. Paula?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the chapters in the novel that are titled "Madeline's Dictionary." What is the purpose of these chapters? What is revealed of Madeline's character through them? What are examples of words defined?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)