|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Olly's schedule described in "Neighborhood Watch"?
2. What is the receipt for in the chapter "Thank You For Shopping"?
3. Where does Madeline's new nurse begin leaving her post-it notes in "Nurse Evil"?
4. On a scale of 1-10, what level of ridiculousness does Carla say Madeline is being in "Makes You Stronger"?
5. What does Madeline envision Olly making for dinner in "Perspectives"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madeline do with her mother in “Brthdae Uish”?
2. How is the process which one must go through in order to see Madeline in person described in the narrative?
3. What does Madeline research in the chapter titled “Research"? Why?
4. How is Madeline's room described in "The White Room"?
5. What does Olly explain regarding Chaos theory in “Forecast"?
6. What does the Bundt cake represent symbolically in the novel?
7. What are the secrets that Madeline and Olly will not reveal to each other initially in “First Contact, Part Three”?
8. What leads to Madeline's mother's revelation that Madeline has had physical contact with Olly?
9. How does Madeline explain her behavior to her mother in “Owtsyd"?
10. How does the relationship between Madeline and Olly change in “Life and Death"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events that lead to Madeline's first venture from her home in the novel. What causes Madeline to leave her house? How does her mother respond? What are the repercussions of Madeline's departure from her home?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the different methods of communication that Olly and Madeline use to contact one another. What is the significance of each method of communication? Which method is the most rewarding for the characters? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the plot structure of Everything, Everything. Does the story develop in a linear pattern? Where in the novel does the exposition transform to rising action? Where is the climax? What is revealed in the falling action and denouement?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)