|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it when Olly first comes to see Madeline?
2. What is the number of minutes it only took Olly's dad to begin yelling after he arrived home last night, as noted by Madeline in "Numerology"?
3. What color eyes does Olly say he has in "First Contact, Part Three"?
4. What does Madeline describe as the bane of her existence in "Olly"?
5. What does Madeline envision Olly making for dinner in "Perspectives"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Carla changed her mind about allowing Olly to visit in “To Those Who Wait”?
2. What allusions does the author make to Alice in Wonderland in the novel?
3. What are the secrets that Madeline and Olly will not reveal to each other initially in “First Contact, Part Three”?
4. What is Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease and what are its effects on a patient?
5. How is “Neighborhood Watch” structured? What is revealed in this chapter?
6. How does Madeline explain her behavior to her mother in “Owtsyd"?
7. What does Madeline do with her mother in “Brthdae Uish”?
8. What does the Bundt cake represent symbolically in the novel?
9. What does Madeline research in the chapter titled “Research"? Why?
10. Who is Mr. Waterman and what is his relationship with Madeline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are Dr. Francis and Dr. Cross? What are their roles in the plot of Everything, Everything? How do each of these characters help Madeline on her journey toward the truth?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the plot twist that occurs near the ending of Everything, Everything. What is revealed in the plot twist? How does this plot twist change the objectives of the protagonist and antagonist? What foreshadowing indicated this plot twist?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the different methods of communication that Olly and Madeline use to contact one another. What is the significance of each method of communication? Which method is the most rewarding for the characters? Why?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)