|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Madeline to run outside in “Owtsyd”?
2. What color t-shirt is Madeline wearing shen she sees Olly in "Life and Death"?
3. What does Madeline conclude to be a real thing in the last line of "Olly"?
4. How is Olly's schedule described in "Neighborhood Watch"?
5. How frequently do humans change the upper layers of their skin, according to Madeline in "Skin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madeline research in the chapter titled “Research"? Why?
2. How would you describe Madeline's character? What does she like and dislike?
3. What causes Madeline to leave her home in “Owtsyd"?
4. Why has Carla changed her mind about allowing Olly to visit in “To Those Who Wait”?
5. What is Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease and what are its effects on a patient?
6. How does Madeline respond when Carla is fired?
7. What does the Bundt cake represent symbolically in the novel?
8. What does Olly do with the Bundt cake in “First Contact”?
9. What are the secrets that Madeline and Olly will not reveal to each other initially in “First Contact, Part Three”?
10. Why does Madeline become frustrated with her clothing choices in “Mirror, Mirror”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Madeline as the protagonist of Everything, Everything. What characteristics make Madeline stand out as a protagonist? What are Madeline's weaknesses? What are her principle motivations in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the environment where Madeline lives. Why is Madeline isolated from the outside world? How is her bedroom described? How is the remainder of her house described?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the methods by which Madeline studies architecture and other subjects. Who are her teachers? What subjects does she enjoy the most? Why?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)