|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Madeline receive an email in "For My Eyes Only"?
(a) Rosa Flores.
(b) Dr. Melissa Francis.
(c) Dr. Chase.
(d) Mr. Waterman.
2. Why is Madeline emotionally upset in “Aloha Means Hello and Good-bye, Part 1”?
(a) Because Carla refuses to let her see Olly.
(b) Because her mother has grounded her.
(c) Because she saw Olly with another girl.
(d) Because Olly broke up with her.
3. What does Madeline say her doctor advices in "One Week A.D."?
(a) Immersion therapy.
(c) Physical therapy.
4. What does Madeline eventually discern her feelings of physical discomfort to in the hotel room in "Reward if Found"?
(b) Heart attack.
5. What kind of bed is in Olly and Madeline's hotel room in Hawaii?
(a) A king bed.
(b) A Murphy bed.
(c) A queen bed.
(d) A bunk bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Madeline planned on staying in Hawaii with Olly in “Happy Already”?
2. How does Madeline describe the movement of time in "Here and Now"?
3. What does Madeline rush to dress in to go to the beach in "All the Words"?
4. Carla says to Madeline in "Infected," "You're not living if you're not" what (181)?
5. What does Madeline get for Carla at the souvenir shop in “Remembrance of Things Present”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Olly's friend Zach described in the narrative?
2. What is revealed in the email Madeline receives in “For My Eyes Only”?
3. What does Carla observe outside the window when the truck is heard in “Reunion”?
4. What is the metaphor that Olly describes in “The Carousel"?
5. How is Madeline and Olly's hotel room described in “Reward if Found”?
6. How is “Neighborhood Watch #2” structured and what is revealed in this chapter?
7. What is Dr. Chase's assessment of Madeline's condition in “Beginnings and Endings”?
8. What does Madeline write to her mother in “Good-bye”?
9. What is the significance of the chapters that are titled "Madeline's Dictionary"?
10. Why does Madeline come to envy Olly's life in “Higher Education"?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)