|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Madeline and Carla's plan for determining if Madeline has SCID in "Proof of Life"?
(a) They will have a SCID specialist come to vist and test Madeline.
(b) They will send a blood test to a SCID specialist.
(c) They will smuggle Madeline out of the house to see a SCID specialist.
(d) They will call the police for assistance.
2. Who is the author of The Stranger?
(a) Albert Camus.
(b) Jean-Paul Sartre.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. For what was Madeline checked into a hospital when she was six months old?
(a) Sudden onset schizophrenia.
(b) Severe combined immunodeficiency.
(c) Respiratory Syncytial Virus.
(d) Hysterical Abdominal Rhopalocera.
4. What does Madeline suggest Olly should do regarding his family in “This Time”?
(a) He should murder them.
(b) He should confront them.
(c) He should give them money.
(d) He should leave them.
5. For how long has Madeline planned on staying in Hawaii with Olly in “Happy Already”?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 nights.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olly tell Madeline high school is not in "Higher Education"?
2. How old was Madeline in the picture that her mother gives her in “Aloha Means Hello and Good-bye, Part 1”?
3. What does Madeline say she named all the goldfish she bought in "Five Weeks A.D."?
4. What does Madeline get for her mother at the souvenir shop in “Remembrance of Things Present”?
5. What is the tuna marinated in soy sauce called that Madeline and Olly order for dinner in “This Time”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title of “After the Death Of”?
2. What is the metaphor that Olly describes in “The Carousel"?
3. What is Dr. Chase's assessment of Madeline's condition in “Beginnings and Endings”?
4. How does Madeline perceive her union with Olly in “All the Words”?
5. How does Carla respond to the email Madeline shows her in “Identity”?
6. What is revealed in the email Madeline receives in “For My Eyes Only”?
7. What are some of the plot holes seen in Madeline's escape with Olly to Hawaii?
8. How does Carla respond when she sees Madeline and Olly at her home? Why?
9. How does Madeline go about convincing Olly to run away with her to Hawaii?
10. What is the significance of the family portrait that Madeline's mother gives her?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)