|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Madeline's mother's sundress in the picture she gives Madeline in “Aloha Means Hello and Good-bye, Part 1”?
2. What does Olly tell Madeline high school is not in "Higher Education"?
(a) A utopia.
(c) A learning experience.
(d) A struggle.
3. What does Carla say she may do for her next job in "Flowers for Algernon"?
(a) Work as a teacher.
(b) Work at a hospital.
(c) Work as a maid.
(d) Work at a bank.
4. What is the only food that Madeline is able to eat in "Readmitted"?
(b) Chicken soup.
5. What color swimsuit does Madeline buy in Hawaii?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Madeline planned on staying in Hawaii with Olly in “Happy Already”?
2. Where do Olly and Madeline go on a detour to see Carla on their way to the airport?
3. What does Madeline use as a metaphor to describe her guilt in "Readmitted"?
4. What document comprises "Released, Part One"?
5. What word is described in "Madeline's Dictionary" as "The state of not knowing where one body ends and another begins" (226)?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Madeline's circumstances changed in “Readmitted”?
2. What sensations does Madeline experience when she awakens in “The End”?
3. What is the significance of the family portrait that Madeline's mother gives her?
4. What does Madeline contemplate on Olly's rooftop in “The End is the Beginning is the End”?
5. Why does Madeline's mother claim she has decided to re-hire Carla in “Pretending”?
6. What does Madeline write to her mother in “Good-bye”?
7. Why does Olly express anger toward his mother in “This Time”?
8. How does Madeline go about convincing Olly to run away with her to Hawaii?
9. How is Olly's friend Zach described in the narrative?
10. How is “Neighborhood Watch #2” structured and what is revealed in this chapter?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)