|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of architecture did Madeline create her architecture project in, in "Astronaut Ice Cream"?
(b) Art deco.
2. Where is Olly sitting when Madeline walks in to visit him in the sun room in "Life and Death"?
(a) On a chair at the desk.
(b) By the wall in the corner.
(c) On the floor next to the door.
(d) In the middle of the couch.
3. What does Madeline call Olly on their second visit in "Forecast"?
(a) The angel of death.
(b) The angel of movement.
(c) The bird of flames.
(d) The angel of truth.
4. How frequently do humans change the upper layers of their skin, according to Madeline in "Skin"?
(a) Every 2 weeks.
(b) Every 2 years.
(c) Every 6 weeks.
(d) Every 6 months.
5. By how many points is Madeline ahead of her mother after playing the word "seekrits" in the chapter “Owtsyd”?
(a) 20 points ahead.
(b) 4 points ahead.
(c) 7 points ahead.
(d) 10 points ahead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Alice in Wonderland?
2. What does Madeline ask Carla in "Fifteen Minutes Later"?
3. How is Olly's schedule described in "Neighborhood Watch"?
4. What causes Madeline to run outside in “Owtsyd”?
5. What is the name of Olly's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Madeline to leave her home in “Owtsyd"?
2. Why does Madeline become frustrated with her clothing choices in “Mirror, Mirror”?
3. What does Madeline do with her mother in “Brthdae Uish”?
4. How is the sun room in Madeline's house described?
5. How is Olly's appearance described? What are Madeline's impressions of him when they first meet face-to-face?
6. What allusions does the author make to Alice in Wonderland in the novel?
7. What does Olly explain regarding Chaos theory in “Forecast"?
8. How does Madeline respond when Carla is fired?
9. How is “Neighborhood Watch” structured? What is revealed in this chapter?
10. What is Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease and what are its effects on a patient?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)