|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madeline describe happening to the family next door in her dream in "Madeline's Diary"?
(a) She describes them being kidnapped by aliens.
(b) She describes them ascending to heaven.
(c) She describes them being murdered by vandals.
(d) She describes them falling off of a cliff.
2. How does Madeline describe her new nurse in the first line of "Nurse Evil"?
(a) A shadow.
(b) An unsmiling despot with a nursing degree.
(c) A cold and calculating monster.
(d) A gentle and yet orderly professional.
3. Why does Madeline say her mother built the sun room in her home in "Olly"?
(a) So that Madeline could watch the neighbors.
(b) So that Madeline could experience gardening.
(c) So Madeline could feel like she was outside.
(d) So that her husband could study botany.
4. In the "Daily Health Log" in "Scid Row," what is the date listed?
(a) August 5.
(b) May 2.
(c) April 4.
(d) June 1.
5. How many hours of sleep does Madeline describe getting the night before in "Numerology"?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Madeline say she has not left her house in "Scid Row"?
2. Why is Madeline not having movie night with her mom in "Honestly"?
3. What does Madeline call Olly on their second visit in "Forecast"?
4. Madeline says in "Mirror, Mirror" that her mother believes in punctuality like other people believe in what?
5. At what time does Olly respond to Madeline's Bundt cake recipe email in "First Contact, Part Three"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease and what are its effects on a patient?
2. What does Carla remark about love in “Perspectives”?
3. What causes Madeline to leave her home in “Owtsyd"?
4. What does Madeline do with her mother in “Brthdae Uish”?
5. Why does Madeline become frustrated with her clothing choices in “Mirror, Mirror”?
6. How is Carla's character described? What is her relationship to Madeline?
7. How is the process which one must go through in order to see Madeline in person described in the narrative?
8. What does Olly do with the Bundt cake in “First Contact”?
9. How does Madeline explain her behavior to her mother in “Owtsyd"?
10. What does the Bundt cake represent symbolically in the novel?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)