|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madeline describe her father's death in "Mirror, Mirror"?
(a) He was murdered during a robbery.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He died in a plane crash.
(d) He was killed in a car accident.
2. What is the receipt for in the chapter "Thank You For Shopping"?
(a) A cellular telephone.
(b) A book.
(c) Six t-shirts and a pair of shoes.
(d) A wedding dress and veil.
3. What day is it when Olly first comes to see Madeline?
(a) July 10.
(b) August 5.
(c) May 2.
(d) March 1.
4. At what time is the neighbor's mom's return into the house after having coffee described in "Neighborhood Watch"?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 6:35 a.m.
(d) 8:35 a.m.
5. To what does Olly compare Madeline's hair in "Upside Down"?
(a) A cloud.
(d) A bird's nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madeline call Olly on their second visit in "Forecast"?
2. What kind of animal is described in the book Madeline is reading in "Life is Short"?
3. Madeline asserts that normal people pace when they are nervous. What does Olly do instead?
4. What is the first part of Madeline's body that Olly touches?
5. What does Madeline describe happening to the family next door in her dream in "Madeline's Diary"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Carla changed her mind about allowing Olly to visit in “To Those Who Wait”?
2. Who is Mr. Waterman and what is his relationship with Madeline?
3. What does Carla remark about love in “Perspectives”?
4. How does Olly end up touching Madeline in “Upside Down"?
5. How would you describe Madeline's character? What does she like and dislike?
6. What allusions does the author make to Alice in Wonderland in the novel?
7. What causes Madeline to leave her home in “Owtsyd"?
8. How does Madeline explain her behavior to her mother in “Owtsyd"?
9. How does the relationship between Madeline and Olly change in “Life and Death"?
10. What information does Madeline relate about her father and brother in “Forecast"?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)