|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Madeline's new nurse begin leaving her post-it notes in "Nurse Evil"?
(a) On the kitchen wall.
(b) On her laptop screen.
(c) On the television screen.
(d) On her bedroom door.
2. How does Madeline describe her new nurse in the first line of "Nurse Evil"?
(a) An unsmiling despot with a nursing degree.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A cold and calculating monster.
(d) A gentle and yet orderly professional.
3. On what day of the week does Madeline finally email Olly in the beginning of "No Yes Maybe"?
4. What movie do Madeline and her mother watch on her birthday?
(a) It's a Wonderful Life.
(b) To Have and Have Not.
(c) Stand by Me.
(d) Young Frankenstein.
5. How does Madeline describe her father's death in "Mirror, Mirror"?
(a) He was killed in a car accident.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He died in a plane crash.
(d) He was murdered during a robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How frequently do humans change the upper layers of their skin, according to Madeline in "Skin"?
2. What day is it when Olly first comes to see Madeline?
3. What is Carla's answer to Madeline's plea in "Ten Minutes After That"?
4. Why is Carla leaving in "Life is a Gift"?
5. What causes Madeline to run outside in “Owtsyd”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Olly's appearance described? What are Madeline's impressions of him when they first meet face-to-face?
2. Why does Madeline become frustrated with her clothing choices in “Mirror, Mirror”?
3. How is the model described that Madeline has created in “Astronaut Ice Cream”?
4. How is the sun room in Madeline's house described?
5. Why has Carla changed her mind about allowing Olly to visit in “To Those Who Wait”?
6. How does Carla see through Madeline's deception in “Everything’s a Risk”?
7. What is Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease and what are its effects on a patient?
8. How does Olly end up touching Madeline in “Upside Down"?
9. How does Madeline explain her behavior to her mother in “Owtsyd"?
10. Why does Carla warn Madeline about her behavior in “A Tale of Two Maddys"?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)