|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hospital was Madeline treated while in Hawaii?
(a) The Honolulu Memorial Hospital.
(b) St. Mary's Hospital.
(c) The Maui Memorial Hospital.
(d) St. John's Hospital.
2. For how long has Madeline planned on staying in Hawaii with Olly in “Happy Already”?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 nights.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 nights.
3. What does Madeline rush to dress in to go to the beach in "All the Words"?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A swimsuit.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A white suit.
4. Madeline tells her mother in “Aloha Means Hello and Good-bye, Part 1” that she is not lonely but what?
(b) In love.
5. Where do Olly and Madeline live?
(a) Eastern Oregon.
(b) Southern California.
(c) Western Oregon.
(d) Northern California.
6. Where in the bed does Olly say he sleeps in "The Murphy Bed"?
(a) In the middle.
(b) Usually on a couch.
(c) On the right side.
(d) On the left side.
7. What word is described in "Madeline's Dictionary" as "The state of not knowing where one body ends and another begins" (226)?
8. When does Olly first send Madeline a message in “Released, Part Two”?
(a) Wednesday, 2:35 a.m.
(b) Monday, 3:45 a.m.
(c) Sunday, 2:15 p.m.
(d) Wednesday, 6:56 p.m.
9. How many siblings did Madeline's mother have growing up?
10. Why does Carla say she suspects sometimes that Madeline's mother had a mental collapse?
(a) Because of the abuse she suffered at the hands of her husband.
(b) Because of the abuse she suffered as a child.
(c) Because of the death of her parents.
(d) Because of the death of her husband and son.
11. Where do Madeline and Olly go for souvenirs and beach gear in “Remembrance of Things Present”?
(a) Kaneohe Souvenir Shop and General Store.
(b) Kailua Souvenir Shop and General Store.
(c) Maui Souvenir Shop and General Store.
(d) Honolulu Souvenir Shop and General Store.
12. What color has Madeline painted the shelves in her bedroom in "Four Weeks A.D."?
13. Where does Ollie know Zach from?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
14. What does Olly tell Madeline high school is not in "Higher Education"?
(a) A utopia.
(c) A struggle.
(d) A learning experience.
15. What subject does Madeline discuss in "The Observable World"?
(a) The Big Bang theory.
(b) Chaos theory.
(c) The theory of relativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color swimsuit does Madeline buy in Hawaii?
2. What is the email informing Madeline about that the receives in "For My Eyes Only"?
3. What is the balcony called in Olly and Madeline's hotel room in Hawaii?
4. What color are the flowers in the field that Madeline describes in “Geography”?
5. Where does Olly's friend Zach live?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)