|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carla say she may do for her next job in "Flowers for Algernon"?
(a) Work as a teacher.
(b) Work at a hospital.
(c) Work as a maid.
(d) Work at a bank.
2. What kind of flowers does Madeline describe in the field in “Geography”?
3. What is Madeline's brother holding in the photo that her mother gives her in “Aloha Means Hello and Good-bye, Part 1”?
(a) A bag of potato chips.
(b) A seashell.
(c) A stuffed bunny rabbit.
(d) A stuffed teddy bear.
4. What does Madeline rush to dress in to go to the beach in "All the Words"?
(a) A white suit.
(b) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A swimsuit.
5. Where in Hawaii do Madeline and Olly go snorkeling in "Jump"?
(b) Waimea Canyon.
(c) Black Rock.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
6. What does Madeline say she named all the goldfish she bought in "Five Weeks A.D."?
7. What is the only food that Madeline is able to eat in "Readmitted"?
(a) Chicken soup.
8. What is the date of Madeline's email in "Future Perfect #2"?
(a) August 5.
(b) May 2.
(c) March 10.
(d) July 10.
9. What document comprises "Released, Part One"?
(a) Madeline's death certificate.
(b) Madeline's and Olly's marriage certificate.
(c) Madeline's discharge form from the hospital.
(d) Madeline's graduation certificate.
10. At what time does Olly write "Goodnight Maddy" on the wndow glass in "Neighborhood Watch #2"?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 7:15 p.m.
(d) 8:15 p.m.
11. Who is the author of Waiting for Godot?
(a) Albert Camus.
(b) Samuel Beckett.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Jean-Paul Sartre.
12. Where does Carla tell Madeline she left in the middle of the night, leaving her parents and siblings in "Infected"?
13. At what time does Madeline describe Olly standing at the window and writing "Good Morning" on the glass in "Neighborhood Watch #2"?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 6:55 a.m.
(c) 6:35 a.m.
(d) 7:15 a.m.
14. What color has Madeline painted the headboard of her bed in "Four Weeks A.D."?
15. What word is described in "Madeline's Dictionary" as "The state of not knowing where one body ends and another begins" (226)?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what names do Olly and Madeline check in at the hotel in "Reward if Found"?
2. What seat in an airplane does Madeline describe as the best in "First-Time Flyer FAQ"?
3. Who is the author of The Stranger?
4. At what time does Madeline describe Olly leaving for school in "Neighborhood Watch #2"?
5. What word is described in "Madeline's Dictionary" as "the truth you don't believe, can't believe, won't believe" (268)?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)