|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madeline say her mother built the sun room in her home in "Olly"?
(a) So Madeline could feel like she was outside.
(b) So that her husband could study botany.
(c) So that Madeline could experience gardening.
(d) So that Madeline could watch the neighbors.
2. At what time is the neighbor's mom's return into the house after having coffee described in "Neighborhood Watch"?
(a) 8:35 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 6:35 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
3. What does Madeline describe sitting on her nightstand in "The Third Maddy"?
(a) A new book.
(b) A hand-written letter.
(c) A lock of Olly's hair.
(d) A black rubber band.
4. What is the kind of street gymnastics that Olly seems interested in?
5. What does Olly claim as his favorite book in "First Contact, Part Three"?
(a) The Stranger.
(b) The Little Prince.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Flowers for Algernon.
6. At what time does Madeline describe Olly's father yelling at his family after having three drinks in "Neighborhood Watch"?
(a) 7:45 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
(d) 7:15 p.m.
7. What does Carla tell Madeline she deserves in "To Those Who Wait"?
(a) "To be happy" (67).
(b) "To go outdoors" (67).
(c) "To fall in love" (67.
(d) "A little something" (67).
8. Who has told Madeline's mom that she is late with her architecture assignment in "Menteuse"?
(a) Mr. Waterman.
(b) Mr. Anderson.
(c) Mr.. Chase.
(d) Mr. Francis.
9. What type of cuisine is served at Madeline's home every Friday night?
10. How does Madeline describe her father's death in "Mirror, Mirror"?
(a) He was murdered during a robbery.
(b) He died in a plane crash.
(c) He was killed in a car accident.
(d) He committed suicide.
11. What movie poster does Madeline describe hanging on Olly's wall in his bedroom in "I Spy"?
(b) The Fast and the Furious.
(d) Jump London.
12. What do Olly and his sister bring over to give to Madeline's mother in "Menteuse"?
(a) A Jell-o pudding.
(b) A Bundt cake.
(c) A cherry pie.
(d) An apple pie.
13. In "Life is Short," Madeline writes a review of Alice in Wonderland. What does Madeline write?
(a) “The lie you want to keep” (84).
(b) “Life is a gift. Don’t forget to live it” (84).
(c) "Beware the Queen of Hearts. She'll have your head" (84).
(d) “Algernon is a mouse. The mouse dies” (84).
14. In "Olly" the author uses a metaphor to describe Olly. To what is he compared?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A bird.
(c) Kinetic energy.
(d) An elephant in the room.
15. In the "Daily Health Log" in "Scid Row," what is the date listed?
(a) April 4.
(b) August 5.
(c) June 1.
(d) May 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Madeline to run outside in “Owtsyd”?
2. What movie do Madeline and her mother watch on her birthday?
3. Why is Carla leaving in "Life is a Gift"?
4. How does Madeline describe her new nurse in the first line of "Nurse Evil"?
5. What does Madeline envision Olly making for dinner in "Perspectives"?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)