|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Madeline describe Olly's father yelling at his family after having three drinks in "Neighborhood Watch"?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 7:45 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 7:15 p.m.
2. What is the name of Madeline's new nurse in "Nurse Evil"?
3. At what time does the neighbor's mom arrive on the porch with a cup of coffee in "Neighborhood Watch"?
(a) 6:35 a.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 5:30 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
4. What does Carla tell Madeline she deserves in "To Those Who Wait"?
(a) "To be happy" (67).
(b) "A little something" (67).
(c) "To go outdoors" (67).
(d) "To fall in love" (67.
5. By how many points is Madeline ahead of her mother after playing the word "seekrits" in the chapter “Owtsyd”?
(a) 4 points ahead.
(b) 7 points ahead.
(c) 20 points ahead.
(d) 10 points ahead.
6. How frequently do humans change the upper layers of their skin, according to Madeline in "Skin"?
(a) Every 2 weeks.
(b) Every 6 months.
(c) Every 6 weeks.
(d) Every 2 years.
7. What movie poster does Madeline describe hanging on Olly's wall in his bedroom in "I Spy"?
(a) Jump London.
(b) The Fast and the Furious.
8. Why is Carla leaving in "Life is a Gift"?
(a) Because her mother is sick and dying.
(b) Because Carla quit her job.
(c) Because she is moving out of the country.
(d) Because Madeline's mother fired her.
9. How does Madeline describe her new nurse in the first line of "Nurse Evil"?
(a) An unsmiling despot with a nursing degree.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A gentle and yet orderly professional.
(d) A cold and calculating monster.
10. What is the first thing that Olly writes to Madeline on a marker from his window in "Mirror Image"?
(a) Where have U been?
(b) I love you.
(c) Call me.
(d) R U OK?
11. How does Madeline describe her father's death in "Mirror, Mirror"?
(a) He died in a plane crash.
(b) He was murdered during a robbery.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He was killed in a car accident.
12. By what more common term does Madeline refer to Severe Combined Immunodeficiency in "Scid Row"?
(a) Hunchback disease.
(b) Bubble baby disease.
(d) Alzheimer's disease.
13. Who is the protagonist of the movie that Madeline is watching in the beginning of "A Tale of Two Maddys"?
(a) Michael Stewart.
(b) James Bond.
(c) Ethan Hunt.
(d) Roger Waters.
14. What disease does Madeline ask Carla if it exists in the end of "A Tale of Two Maddys"?
(a) Sudden onset schizophrenia.
(b) Severe combined immunodeficiency.
(c) Munchausen syndrome by proxy.
(d) Hysterical Abdominal Rhopalocera.
15. What does Madeline do when her mother sits by her in bed in "The Third Maddy"?
(a) She rolls away from her.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She tells her she loves her.
(d) She smiles at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Madeline reading in "Stays the Same"?
2. What word is defined in “Madeline’s Dictionary” after Carla's departure?
3. What is the number of minutes it only took Olly's dad to begin yelling after he arrived home last night, as noted by Madeline in "Numerology"?
4. What is the name of Olly's sister?
5. For how long does Madeline say she has not left her house in "Scid Row"?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)