|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is described in the book Madeline is reading in "Life is Short"?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
2. How does Madeline describe her new nurse in the first line of "Nurse Evil"?
(a) An unsmiling despot with a nursing degree.
(b) A cold and calculating monster.
(c) A shadow.
(d) A gentle and yet orderly professional.
3. How does Madeline describe her father's death in "Mirror, Mirror"?
(a) He was murdered during a robbery.
(b) He was killed in a car accident.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He died in a plane crash.
4. Who is listed as Madeline's caretaker in the "Daily Health Log" in "Scid Row"?
(a) Dr. Melissa Francis.
(b) Dr. Rosa Flores.
(c) Dr. Chase.
(d) Dr. Pauline Whittier.
5. How does Madeline describe her ethnicity when talking with Olly online in "First Contact, Part Three"?
(a) Half Latino and half African American.
(b) Half Korean and half African American.
(c) Half Japanese and half African American.
(d) Half Chinese and half Jamaican.
6. Why does Madeline say her mother built the sun room in her home in "Olly"?
(a) So Madeline could feel like she was outside.
(b) So that her husband could study botany.
(c) So that Madeline could watch the neighbors.
(d) So that Madeline could experience gardening.
7. What does Maddy receive in the mail in "Freedom Card"?
(a) A passport.
(b) A voter registration card.
(c) A credit card.
(d) A driver's license.
8. What movie is Madeline watching in the beginning of "A Tale of Two Maddys"?
(a) The Waterboy.
(b) To Have and Have Not.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Mission: Impossible.
9. How is Olly's schedule described in "Neighborhood Watch"?
10. Madeline says in "Mirror, Mirror" that her mother believes in punctuality like other people believe in what?
(c) Hard work.
11. In "Olly" the author uses a metaphor to describe Olly. To what is he compared?
(a) A cloud.
(b) Kinetic energy.
(c) A bird.
(d) An elephant in the room.
12. Madeline suggests in "Skin" that humans replace the majority of our cells every how many years?
13. What is the first part of Madeline's body that Olly touches?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her wrists.
(d) Her ankles.
14. Where does Madeline describe spotting the state fish while snorkeling in "The White Room"?
15. What does Olly's dad call him?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does the neighbor's mom arrive on the porch with a cup of coffee in "Neighborhood Watch"?
2. What does Madeline conclude to be a real thing in the last line of "Olly"?
3. What does Madeline describe Olly's sister doing in the garden between their houses each morning at 10:06 a.m. in "Neighborhood Watch"?
4. What does Olly ask Madeline to do in the end of "First Contact, Part Three"?
5. What word is defined in “Madeline’s Dictionary” after Carla's departure?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)