"The White Room" - "The Welcome Committee"
• NOTE: The following version of the book was used in the creation of this Lesson Plan: Loon, Nicola. Everything, Everything. Delacorte Press, 2015. Kindle.
• Everything, Everything is a young adult romance novel related from the first-person perspective of its main protagonist, 18-year-old Madeline Whittier.
• In the first chapter, “The White Room,” Madeline establishes the sterility of her environment living in a completely white room in which the only colors are the books that sit on her shelf.
• Madeline asserts that she has read more books than the reader and that she lives in a world of books.
• Every book that Madeline owns has an inscription by Madeline on the inside cover listing a series of rewards if the book is found; the rewards relate to spending time with Madeline.
• “SCID Row” is a chapter wherein Madeline defines the disease that she suffers...
This section contains 5,003 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)