|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the most educated men at the time this play was written?
2. What does Everyman have to show God?
3. What does Death say God has never done?
4. Who hears someone making way for Everyman when he dies?
5. Who is the last character to speak in this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Goods sent to Earth?
2. How does Everyman feel about Kindred before asking him for help?
3. What does Death say when he learns Everyman hopes to come back to Earth after his death?
4. How does Good Deeds change in appearance through this play?
5. Who are the friends who help Everyman in his journey?
6. What has caused Good Deeds’s appearance when she first appears in this book?
7. What is the doctor’s role in this play?
8. What gift does God offer all men?
9. What does Death tell Everyman to do to prove he is worthy of Heaven?
10. Why does Everyman partake of the Seven Sacraments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goods was sent to Earth for a specific purpose. What was this purpose, and how did this affect Everyman in turn?
Essay Topic 2
The doctor has an interesting role in this play. What is this role, and how does he accomplish it?
Essay Topic 3
The author of this book is unknown, and yet the content has withstood the test of time. Why of you think this was possible when most great works survive on the fame of their creators?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)