|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many companions does Everyman have on his journey?
2. What kind of play is this?
3. What do the Sacraments allow men to do?
4. What is the messenger’s role in this play?
5. Who is the second person to speak in this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons Everyman gives for Death’s visit to be unfair?
2. How does Everyman feel about Kindred after asking him for help?
3. What has caused Good Deeds’s appearance when she first appears in this book?
4. What does Death say Everyman was crazy to do?
5. What is ironic about Everyman praying to God to escape Death?
6. Why does Everyman partake of the Seven Sacraments?
7. What kinds of things does Kindred offer to do for Everyman?
8. How is Good Deeds different from the other friends Everyman goes to for help?
9. What does Death do when Everyman tries to bribe him?
10. What kinds of things does Fellowship offer to do for Everyman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goods was sent to Earth for a specific purpose. What was this purpose, and how did this affect Everyman in turn?
Essay Topic 2
The author places some information about the Sacraments throughout this book for us. Why do you think he did that, and how did this affect the pace of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Everyman feels betrayed by some important parts of his life. Who does he feel has betrayed him and why?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)