|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the messenger say happens to things of the world that make us happy?
2. What keeps Fellowship from doing what Everyman needs him to do?
3. When does Everyman say he will call on his new friends?
4. Why does Everyman have to face God?
5. Where is Confession located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are priests seen as so powerful?
2. What has caused Good Deeds’s appearance when she first appears in this book?
3. What does Death say when he learns Everyman hopes to come back to Earth after his death?
4. Who are the friends who help Everyman in his journey?
5. How is Good Deeds described when she first appears in this play?
6. What is the audience told to do at the beginning of the play?
7. What does Fellowship do when Everyman asks him for help?
8. How is Everyman described when we first meet him in the play?
9. How does Everyman feel when Death approaches him?
10. How does Everyman feel about Fellowship after asking him for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of this book centered around Catholic beliefs. What are some of these beliefs, and how did they shape this plot?
Essay Topic 2
This play is a morality play. What does this mean, and how does this play fit into this unique genre?
Essay Topic 3
The author of this book is unknown, and yet the content has withstood the test of time. Why of you think this was possible when most great works survive on the fame of their creators?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)