|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Good Deeds respond to Everyman’s time of need?
2. Who is Everyman told has greater power than a King?
3. Which of these is Everyman told to rely on in life?
4. What kind of people do some priests set bad examples for?
5. Who does Everyman say the priests must be above?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sent Goods to Earth?
2. How does Death feel about Everyman when they first meet?
3. What does Goods do when Everyman asks him for help?
4. How is Everyman described when we first meet him in the play?
5. How is Good Deeds different from the other friends Everyman goes to for help?
6. What are some of the reasons Everyman gives for Death’s visit to be unfair?
7. What is Death’s response to Everyman’s pleas to him?
8. Why is Fellowship not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
9. What kind of play is this, and what does this genre entail?
10. How is Good Deeds described when she first appears in this play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play is a morality play. What does this mean, and how does this play fit into this unique genre?
Essay Topic 2
The author of this book is unknown, and yet the content has withstood the test of time. Why of you think this was possible when most great works survive on the fame of their creators?
Essay Topic 3
Everyman feels betrayed by some important parts of his life. Who does he feel has betrayed him and why?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)