|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Confession located?
2. What kind of play is this?
3. Why does Death mock Everyman when he prays to God to avoid Death?
4. Who hears someone making way for Everyman when he dies?
5. Who created man, according to this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things does Fellowship offer to do for Everyman?
2. How does Death feel about Everyman when they first meet?
3. Why is Kindred not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
4. Why is Goods not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
5. Why are priests seen as so powerful?
6. How is this play introduced?
7. How is the gift from God for all men obtained?
8. What gift does God offer all men?
9. What are some of the reasons Everyman gives for Death’s visit to be unfair?
10. Who sent Goods to Earth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Everyman had many high and lofty goals in life. How did he go about achieving these?
Essay Topic 2
Good Deeds changes a great deal in this book. What are some of these changes and how do they come about?
Essay Topic 3
This play is a morality play. What does this mean, and how does this play fit into this unique genre?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)