|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the people given another chance?
2. How concerned is Everyman about death?
3. What did this play teach people about?
4. Who is Everyman symbolic of?
5. Why does Death say Everyman was crazy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fellowship do when Everyman asks him for help?
2. Who are the friends who help Everyman in his journey?
3. What causes some of these friends to leave Everyman in his journey?
4. What is ironic about Everyman praying to God to escape Death?
5. What does this play reveal about the status of society at this time in history?
6. What does Everyman beg Death for, and why?
7. Where would this play have been performed and why?
8. How is Good Deeds different from the other friends Everyman goes to for help?
9. What kinds of things does Fellowship offer to do for Everyman?
10. How does Death feel about Everyman when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death was very angry with Everyman. How did he show this through his actions?
Essay Topic 2
Five Wits is one of the friends helping Everyman in his journey. How does he do this, and how is this help different than what is offered by the other friends?
Essay Topic 3
Purity is a main theme of this book. How is this theme presented, and why would this be so central in a plot like this?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)