|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is Everyman told to rely on in life?
2. What do the Sacraments allow men to do?
(a) Renew their lives
(b) Ask forgiveness for their sins
(c) All of these
(d) Pray to God more sincerely
3. How is wealth described at the end of the book?
4. How does Everyman feel when he hears why Death has come to him?
5. What does Death tell Everyman when he is asked to do something after the reckoning?
(a) No mortal can ever return
(b) He has no authority
(c) He will be there for him at every step
(d) There is no reason for him to fret
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kindred offer Everyman to help him?
2. Which of these is NOT one of the Sacraments?
3. What was the purpose of this play?
4. What is the moral of the play?
5. What is the death of Christ called by most religions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Death say when he learns Everyman hopes to come back to Earth after his death?
2. How is Good Deeds described when she first appears in this play?
3. Why is Kindred not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
4. What happens to Everyman at the end of this play?
5. What does Everyman beg Death for, and why?
6. What is the structure of this play?
7. How is the gift from God for all men obtained?
8. How is Good Deeds different from the other friends Everyman goes to for help?
9. Why does Everyman partake of the Seven Sacraments?
10. What is the doctor’s role in this play?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)