|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Confession warn Everyman of?
(a) Good Deeds might fail him
(b) Death hates him
(c) He is still being tempted
(d) The journey will be hard
2. What is the last Sacrament?
3. Why were these plays used to teach people?
(a) It was very enjoyable
(b) Most could not read or write
(c) Some could not afford schooling
(d) There was a lot of sinning happening
4. Who does God call on first?
(b) The Five Wits
5. What does Goods want to kill?
(a) The Spirit
(c) Men’s souls
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everyman think after talking to Kindred and Fellowship?
2. Why does Everyman have to face God?
3. What Bible story is alluded to when Everyman begins his journey?
4. Who does Death say Everyman will have to answer to?
5. Who does God say will partake of his gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes some of these friends to leave Everyman in his journey?
2. What is the doctor’s role in this play?
3. What is Death’s response to Everyman’s pleas to him?
4. What is the audience told to do at the beginning of the play?
5. How does Good Deeds change in appearance through this play?
6. What does Everyman beg Death for, and why?
7. What does Kindred do when Everyman asks him for help?
8. What is the structure of this play?
9. What does Death say when he learns Everyman hopes to come back to Earth after his death?
10. How does Everyman feel about why Goods was sent to Earth and why?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)