|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of play is this?
(a) Religious Play
(b) Melodramatic Play
(c) Morality Play
(d) Rhyming Play
2. Who makes way for Everyman when he dies?
(b) The Angels
(c) The Priests
3. What does this play teach about reincarnation?
(a) It is only for the wicked
(b) It is available for some
(c) It is not a true principle
(d) It is only for the very righteous
4. Why does Death say Everyman must die?
(a) Because of the plan of salvation
(b) Because of Adam’s sin
(c) Because of the first sacrament
(d) Because of God’s suffering on the cross
5. How does Everyman feel when he finishes his sacraments?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does God say will partake of his gift?
2. What is the last Sacrament?
3. What helps Everyman to lose desire for something as he begins his journey?
4. Where would this play have been performed when it was written?
5. What causes men to not want to sin anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the friends who help Everyman in his journey?
2. How does Everyman feel about why Goods was sent to Earth and why?
3. What causes some of these friends to leave Everyman in his journey?
4. Why are priests seen as so powerful?
5. Why is God upset with the people?
6. What does Death tell Everyman to do to prove he is worthy of Heaven?
7. What is the structure of this play?
8. How does Everyman feel about Fellowship after asking him for help?
9. Why does Everyman hope he can come back to Earth after his death?
10. What are the seven Sacraments?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)