|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mak tell the shepherds his wife is? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
(a) At home.
(b) By the sheep.
(c) In town buying wheat.
(d) By the cross.
2. What does God call Noah (in regard to character)? ("The Flood")
3. What does Herod call his knights? ("Herod the Great")
4. For how long does God state that the rains would come? ("The Flood")
(a) 7 days and nights.
(b) 20 days and nights.
(c) 40 days and nights.
(d) 60 days and nights.
5. Why does Noah's wife say that she would be no help to the building of the Ark? ("The Flood")
(a) She needed to prepare for the journey.
(b) She needed to sew.
(c) Women are weak.
(d) She needed to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chose six of the pageants and added the initial glosses?
2. Where does Woman 3 threaten to hit the soldier? ("Herod the Great")
3. Who takes Adam and Eve to middle Earth? ("The Fall of Man")
4. What does Isaac recognize about his father's mood right before their sacrifice? ("Abraham and Isaac")
5. In what year did the burning of the Free Reference Library at Birmingham occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "justifies" Lucifer's fall from Heaven?
2. In what poetic form was "The Creation" written?
3. When Joseph enters Mary's home, what does he question her about?
4. What does the editor state about the superiority of the Brome play ("Abraham and Isaac") over all others?
5. From where did the editor obtain a copy of the manuscript to include "The Annunciation" in his collection of pageants?
6. What does the Introduction state as the tie between the conflict between Cain and Abel?
7. What is Noah's wife's position on the ark?
8. What does Noah do as he leaves the ark for the first time in forty days?
9. Where, in the text of "Herod the Great", did a prophecy that Christ was born in a cave come from?
10. In what poetic form was "Noah's Flood" written?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)