|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "The Second Shepherds' Pageant" end?
(a) A stable.
(b) Mak's home.
(c) An inn.
(d) An open field.
2. Where does Scene I in "The Creation, and The Fall of Lucifer" open?
(d) The Tree of Knowledge.
3. What was the beginning of liturgical drama?
(b) The Second Coming of Christ.
4. From what century was the manuscript of the "Second Shepherds' Pageant" form?
5. To what does the third shepherd compare the current weather to? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
(a) Noah's flood.
(b) The drought of Isaiah.
(c) The weather when Satan fell from heaven.
(d) The burning of the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did the soldiers state that they had murdered? ("Herod the Great")
2. At the end of "Cain and Abel", what does Cain state that he wanted to hide from?
3. According to the Introduction, what "type" did Cain represent?
4. What does Isaac recognize about his father's mood right before their sacrifice? ("Abraham and Isaac")
5. What does the messenger do as Herod enters the scene? (Herod the Great")
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Introduction state was the "unity of biblical history"?
2. Why does Gabriel state that Mary is the one whom will bear the Christ child?
3. In what poetic form was "Noah's Flood" written?
4. For what other writings is the author of the "Shepherds' Pageants" responsible?
5. From where do some of the features of "Herod the Great" derive?
6. What does Herod order to insure that the Jesus does not make it to adulthood?
7. What happens to Lucifer when he plunges into Hell?
8. According to the introduction, what is the importance of "The Fall of Lucifer"?
9. How are the "Shepherds' Pageants" distinguished from the rest of the Towneley cycle?
10. What is Noah's wife's position on the ark?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)