|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the second shepherd say "cackles" in Scene I? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
(a) Mother Earth.
(b) The cows.
(c) A hen.
2. What did the introduction state was the name of the sheep-stealer? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
3. What does God say would inspire the "might of me"? ("The Creation, and The Fall of Lucifer" )
(a) "My body in bliss."
(b) "All might is in me."
(c) "A place full of plenty."
(d) "Worthy work of my will."
4. What does "Ecce, virgo concipiet" mean?
(a) Listen, a virgin will conspire.
(b) Here, a virigin will birth.
(c) Hark, a virgin lives.
(d) Behold, a virgin shall conceive.
5. On what day is Christ's victory over sin and death celebrated?
(a) The Passover Feast Day.
(b) Corpus Christi Day.
(d) The Feast of Fools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God call Noah (in regard to character)? ("The Flood")
2. Where does Scene II take place? ("Abraham and Isaac")
3. What does Isaiah call himself during his prologue in "The Annunciation"?
4. What text was Miss Madeleine Grunberg responsible for helping the editor with?
5. Where does Woman I hit the soldier? ("Herod the Great")
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gabriel state that Mary is the one whom will bear the Christ child?
2. When were the miracle plays officially associated with Corpus Christi Day?
3. Why is the story of Mak included in this pageant?
4. Why does the introduction to "Herod the Great" state that Herod is a recreation of a contemporary magnate?
5. What happens to Lucifer when he plunges into Hell?
6. On what is the "Second Shepherds' Pageant" based?
7. What does the Messenger say to prove Herod's power?
8. From where did the editor obtain a copy of the manuscript to include "The Annunciation" in his collection of pageants?
9. What does Herod order to insure that the Jesus does not make it to adulthood?
10. What gifts did God bestow on Lucifer?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)