|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom do analysts believe were the originators of the "horrible detail" where Christ's limbs were stretched by cords? (Introduction to "The Crucifixion")
(a) Socratic theologists.
(b) Medieval playwrights.
(c) Elizabethan playwrights.
(d) Platonic theologists.
2. Who participates in a "battle of wits" in "The Women Taken in Adultery"?
(a) God and Paul.
(b) Judas and Christ.
(c) Christ and the Pharisees.
(d) Pilate and Christ.
3. To whom does Jesus tell man not to be vengeful towards? ("The Women Taken in Adultery")
(a) Their neighbor.
4. What does Everyman offer Death to "defer this matter till another day"?
(a) A promise to be good.
(b) A promise to become a recluse.
(c) A promise to love God.
5. Who is the last character in "Everyman" to speak?
(b) A doctor.
(c) Good Deeds.
6. Who leads Adam and the other saints in hell to "Paradise"? ("The Harrowing of Hell")
7. Why does Everyman say that Death was wrong for coming when he did?
(a) Because Death just took his wife.
(b) Because Death gave no warning.
(c) Because Death should not come when one is young.
(d) Because Death is not real.
8. How does Caiaphas believe Jesus rose from the dead? "The Resurrection")
(a) Through the redemption of mankind.
(b) Through Jesus' internal power.
(c) Through God's will.
(d) Through sorcery.
9. What does Everyman tell everyone to take up with them on the journey to his grave?
(a) An olive branch.
(b) A cross.
(c) A rosery.
(d) A prayer.
10. How many devils are in "The Judgment"?
11. Who owned the only two complete (the ones preserved between 1510-1535) copies of "Everyman"?
(a) John Skot.
(b) James Vocht.
(c) RIchard Pynson.
(d) Micheal Flemming.
12. What does God perceive as he was sitting in Heaven? ("Everyman")
(a) That the time has come to break his promise.
(b) All on Earth have been ungrateful to him.
(c) That no one loves him anymore.
(d) That Heaven is the only good place left.
13. At the end of "The Judgment", who is seen "crossing from place to place"?
(a) Bad souls.
14. What does Caesar do that heals him of his ailment? ("The Death of Pilate")
(a) Gives glory to God.
(b) Promises God he will not sin.
(c) Kisses Veronica.
(d) Bows down before Veronica.
15. How many line stanzas were used in "The Crucifixion"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene III, who tells the others to break down the door of a woman's home? ("The Women Taken in Adultery")
2. What does Satan call Jesus when instructing the hell hounds of Jesus' expected descent into hell? ("The Harrowing of Hell")
3. Who tells Caesar's messenger that Jesus is dead? ("The Death of Pilate")
4. What does Caesar believe about Pilate the first time he sees him? ("The Death of Pilate")
5. What does Caesar say he will do upon finding out that Jesus is dead? ("The Death of Pilate")
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)