|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Messenger tell Caesar to call for? ("The Death of Pilate")
2. What does the fourth soldier call Jesus as he calls to the other soldiers to work together during the crucifixion?
(a) False god.
(b) God's redeemed son.
(c) Sinner to God.
3. At the end of "The Judgment", who is seen "crossing from place to place"?
(b) Bad souls.
4. By what name is the author of "The Crucifixion" pageant known by? (As quoted by the text in reference to the author: "an unknown playwright of extraordinary talent".)
(a) York's voice.
(b) Towneley realist.
(c) York realist.
(d) Chester's voice.
5. What does Satan call Jesus when instructing the hell hounds of Jesus' expected descent into hell? ("The Harrowing of Hell")
(a) A tasty bit.
(b) A nobel morsel.
(c) A bitter treat.
(d) A rancid morsel.
6. Who owned the only two complete (the ones preserved between 1510-1535) copies of "Everyman"?
(a) John Skot.
(b) James Vocht.
(c) RIchard Pynson.
(d) Micheal Flemming.
7. What does the messenger say the name of the moral play is that is being presented? ("Everyman")
(b) "A Formal Questioning of Everyman."
(c) "Everyman-A Search For Self."
(d) "Summoning of Everyman."
8. On whose table does Everyman want his name written upon?
9. Upon what item does Veronica possess that shows a print of Jesus' face? ("The Death of Pilate")
(a) A dress.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A shrowd.
(d) A tapestry.
10. Why does Jesus say that God has sent him to Earth? ("The Women Taken in Adultery")
(a) To redeem mankind.
(b) To be the Light and the Way.
(c) To insure that God does not have to punish mankind again.
(d) To help man find his way.
11. Why does Pilate agree to go and see Caesar? ("The Death of Pilate")
(a) He states that he has done nothing wrong.
(b) He doesn't agree.
(c) He claims Caesar is kind to everyone.
(d) He says he is not afarid of Caesar.
12. What "book" is Everyman to take along on his journey?
(a) His book of sins against God.
(b) His book of good deeds.
(c) His book of broken promises.
(d) His book of accounts.
13. What does Caesar do that heals him of his ailment? ("The Death of Pilate")
(a) Kisses Veronica.
(b) Promises God he will not sin.
(c) Bows down before Veronica.
(d) Gives glory to God.
14. What are the soldiers in "The Resurrection" afraid Pilate will do if he finds out that Jesus' tomb is empty?
(a) Be sentenced by God.
(b) Put them to death.
(c) Crucify Jesus again.
(d) Lose the throne.
15. In what gospel is Jesus' descent into hell depicted?
(d) First Thessalonians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caiaphas believe Jesus rose from the dead? "The Resurrection")
2. According to the introduction to "The Crucifixion", which pageants "make a direct assault on the feelings of the audience"?
3. What device is defined as the linking of stanzas by means of verbal repetition?
4. Who is the first character to speak "The Resurrection"?
5. Who is the last character in "Everyman" to speak?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)