|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, what is "Resurrection" a version of?
(a) "The Journey of the Magi."
(c) "The Soldiers' Tale."
(d) The "Easter Sepulchre" play.
2. Why does Everyman say that Death was wrong for coming when he did?
(a) Because Death should not come when one is young.
(b) Because Death gave no warning.
(c) Because Death just took his wife.
(d) Because Death is not real.
3. In what "non-dramatic literature" does the introduction state the legend of "The Harrowing of Hell" appears?
(a) "Piers Plowman."
(b) "Sumer Is Icumen In."
(d) "Layamon's Brut."
4. According to Confession, who will be joining Everyman on his journey?
(d) Good Deeds.
5. How many devils are in "The Judgment"?
6. At the end of "The Judgment", who is seen "crossing from place to place"?
(a) Bad souls.
7. By what proper name does Everyman call Confession?
8. What kind of garment does Knowledge tell Everyman to put on after he is joined by Good Deeds?
(a) A garment of sorrow.
(b) A garment of hope.
(c) A garment of faith.
(d) A garment of despair.
9. To whom does Jesus tell man not to be vengeful towards? ("The Women Taken in Adultery")
(a) Their neighbor.
10. In what verse form is "The Women Taken in Adultery" written?
(b) Didactic cinquain.
(d) Iambic pentameter.
11. According to the introduction to "The Crucifixion", which pageants "make a direct assault on the feelings of the audience"?
(a) Towneley and Chester.
(b) N. Town and York.
(c) Chester and N. Town.
(d) York and Towneley.
12. Which of the following does the Messenger state will "fade from thee as a flower in May"? ("Everyman")
(c) All of these.
13. Upon what item does Veronica possess that shows a print of Jesus' face? ("The Death of Pilate")
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A dress.
(c) A tapestry.
(d) A shrowd.
14. What is Everyman told to ask of Confession?
(a) For penalty.
(b) For mercy.
(c) For honor.
(d) For sacrifice.
15. Who does the Scribe say put forth the law that adulterers should be killed? ("The Women Taken in Adultery")
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pilate agree to go and see Caesar? ("The Death of Pilate")
2. What does Jesus' first line in the play translate to mean? ("The Women Taken in Adultery")
3. How many line stanzas were used in "The Crucifixion"?
4. From whom do analysts believe were the originators of the "horrible detail" where Christ's limbs were stretched by cords? (Introduction to "The Crucifixion")
5. How many men does Annas say took Jesus, so that no one believes that he rose from the dead? ("The Resurrection")
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)