|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God say would inspire the "might of me"? ("The Creation, and The Fall of Lucifer" )
(a) "A place full of plenty."
(b) "Worthy work of my will."
(c) "My body in bliss."
(d) "All might is in me."
2. What is the first shepherd complaining about at the opening of Scene I? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
(a) Being cold.
(b) Losing a sheep.
(c) Being too hot.
(d) Being lonely.
3. How many people does God want to save and put on the Ark? ("The Flood")
4. Most of what from the original play was preserved for the text?
(a) Original words.
(b) Original characters.
(c) Original themes.
(d) Original morals.
5. According to the Introduction, what "type" did Cain represent?
(b) "The Realism of the World."
(c) "The Secular World."
(d) "The Decline of Mankind."
6. What happens to Lucifer at the end of Scene I? ("The Creation, and The Fall of Lucifer" )
(a) He fought a war against God.
(b) He and all bad angels fell from heaven.
(c) He murdered an angel.
(d) He refused to listen to God.
7. What "bearer" is Lucifer? ("The Creation, and The Fall of Lucifer" )
(a) The bearer of Earth.
(b) The bearer of life on Earth.
(c) The bearer of hell.
(d) The bearer of light.
8. Where does Mak tell the shepherds his wife is? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
(a) At home.
(b) By the cross.
(c) By the sheep.
(d) In town buying wheat.
9. When Joseph returns to Mary, at the end of Scene I, what does he ask her? ("The Annunciation")
(a) To leave with him and hide.
(b) To love him forever.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To forgive him.
10. Whose child does Mary tell Joseph that she is carrying? ("The Annunciation")
(a) No one's.
(b) She is not sure.
(c) An unknown man's.
11. What does Isaiah call himself during his prologue in "The Annunciation"?
(a) God's prophet.
(b) Jesus' prophet.
(c) Isaiah the humble.
(d) Isaiah the prophet.
12. How many children did the soldiers state that they had murdered? ("Herod the Great")
13. What does Cain offer as a sacrifice to God in Scene III? ("Cain and Abel")
(a) A sheep.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A bird.
(d) A sheaf.
14. In all "what" is The Flood dramatized in? (Introduction to "The Flood")
(a) Catholic doctrines.
(b) Religious faiths.
(c) Miracle cycles.
(d) Christian myths.
15. At the opening of "Herod the Great", what is the messenger asking the audience to do?
(a) Take a seat.
(b) Hold their laughter.
(c) Stomp their feet.
(d) Be quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the third shepherd tell the others he had left their sheep? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
2. What are the two literary pieces that survive from secular drama of the Middle Ages?
3. What are both the first and second shepherd afraid the third shepherd will do to them? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
4. How old are the children that Herod orders murdered by his soldiers? ("Herod the Great")
5. In "The Fall of Man", who does Satan envy?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)