|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "The Second Shepherds' Pageant" end?
(a) An open field.
(b) An inn.
(c) A stable.
(d) Mak's home.
2. What text was Miss Madeleine Grunberg responsible for helping the editor with?
(a) "Noah's Flood."
(c) "The Judgement."
3. According to the Introduction, what "type" did Cain represent?
(a) "The Realism of the World."
(b) "The Decline of Mankind."
(c) "The Secular World."
4. What does God say would inspire the "might of me"? ("The Creation, and The Fall of Lucifer" )
(a) "A place full of plenty."
(b) "Worthy work of my will."
(c) "All might is in me."
(d) "My body in bliss."
5. What are the shepherds doing as Mak enters the scene? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
6. Who gave the editor permission to use the editions of the original text?
(a) The Medieval Language Library.
(b) The Early British Library Society.
(c) The English Medieval Library of Text.
(d) The Early English Text Society.
7. In "The Fall of Man", who does Satan envy?
(a) Cain and Abel.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(d) The angels in Heaven.
8. For how long does God state that the rains would come? ("The Flood")
(a) 40 days and nights.
(b) 20 days and nights.
(c) 7 days and nights.
(d) 60 days and nights.
9. What spring does Isaiah say would bring "forth the grain of holiness"? ("The Annunciation")
(a) The Jew's.
10. What does God say he would bring to Adam and Eve before the closing of the scene? ("The Creation of Adam and Eve")
11. After telling Eve that eating from the tree would give her knowledge, what does Satan call himself? ("The Fall of Man")
(a) An angel.
(b) A messenger of God.
(c) A truth-sayer.
(d) A worm.
12. At the beginning of "The Creation of Adam and Eve", how many days has God completed working?
13. Where does Woman 3 threaten to hit the soldier? ("Herod the Great")
(a) In the nose.
(b) In the knee.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the mouth.
14. What does Mary pray to God about at the end of Scene II? ("The Annunciation")
(a) To help Joseph understand their child.
(b) To help Joseph love Jesus as his own.
(c) To have Joseph love her forever.
(d) To have mercy on Joseph.
15. What does Herod say he will do to the people who do not stop talking badly about him? ("Herod the Great")
(a) Behead them.
(b) Hang them.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Crucify them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the children that Herod orders murdered by his soldiers? ("Herod the Great")
2. What does Eve say she and Adam would be if they ate the apple? ("The Fall of Man")
3. Who does the second shepherd say is woeful? ("The Second Shepherds' Pageant")
4. Why does Herod believe that the Christ child was born? ("Herod the Great")
5. At the opening of Scene II, what does Satan tell Eve he was? ("The Fall of Man")
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)