|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Messenger tell the soldiers put on ? ("Herod the Great")
(a) Full Armor.
(b) The crest of the king.
(c) Only the cloth of Herod.
(d) The chain-mail dress of Herod.
2. What text did the editor use for his translation of "Everyman"?
(a) "Everyman and the Medieval Plays."
(b) "Every Man and the Plays."
(c) "Everyman and Other Interludes."
(d) "Everyman: The Original English Text."
3. What is the messenger warning the audience about? ("Herod the Great")
(a) About the wrath of Herod.
(b) About the cost of laughter.
(c) About the price of silence.
(d) About the coming of Satan.
4. According to the Introduction, what is known about the authors of the miracle plays?
(a) Their religious convictions only.
(b) Only about their full created texts.
(c) Everything in their lives.
(d) Very little.
5. According to the Introduction, what "type" did Cain represent?
(b) "The Realism of the World."
(c) "The Secular World."
(d) "The Decline of Mankind."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Ecce, virgo concipiet" mean?
2. Who does Abraham state that he loved Isaac as much as? ("Abraham and Isaac")
3. What does Herod call his knights? ("Herod the Great")
4. Who leads Adam and the other saints in hell to "Paradise"? ("The Harrowing of Hell")
5. Why does Everyman say that Death was wrong for coming when he did?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)