Part 1 (Preface and Introduction)
• The editor describes the process by which his edition of the pageants were produced.
• The editor traces the development of the pageant as a form of entertainment and education.
• The editor describes how early creators of the pageants blend religious and non-religious elements to create a form of theater with broad based appeal.
• He briefly describes the physical, transportation, and technical requirements of the plays.
• The editor points out the similarities and differences between the Pageants and the Morality Plays.
• "The Creation and the Fall of Lucifer".
• God speaks of his glory and power, while Lucifer speaks of his own (Lucifer's) power and beauty.
• Cherubim and Seraphim sing praises of God, Lucifer continues to sing his own praises, until he falls from heaven and lands in hell.
• God proclaims his intention that those who refuse to worship him will fear his wrath forever...
This section contains 3,003 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)