Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
(a) Black men.
(b) People with college degrees.
(c) White women.
(d) White men.
2. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(b) Uncle Henry.
(c) Uncle Buddy.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
3. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her college professors.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her pastor.
4. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
(a) Her Muslim neighbors who raise cattle.
(b) Sheep farmers down the road.
(c) Muslim extremists in Augusta.
(d) A group of local artisans.
5. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The front yard.
(d) The living room.
6. What kind of jewelry does Dee wear for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Gold earrings and bracelets.
(b) Pear earrings.
(c) A ruby pendant.
(d) A silver wristwatch.
7. What is Dee's relationship to Maggie?
(a) They're friends.
(b) They're sisters.
(c) They're cousins.
(d) They're neighbors.
8. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
(a) A rat.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A bull calf.
(d) A hog.
9. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Grandma Dee.
10. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) John Thomas.
11. With what has Ms. Johnson primarily been concerned all her life?
(a) Milking cows.
(c) Sewing and quilting.
12. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
(b) She's skinny and short.
(c) She's white-haired and petite.
(d) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
13. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
14. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(b) Dee's father.
(c) Uncle Buddy.
(d) Dee's brother.
15. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
2. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
3. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
4. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
5. What is the first thing out of the car upon Dee's arrival that identifies Dee to Ms. Johnson?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)