|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
(a) Maggie, Grandma Dee and Wangero.
(b) Everyone but Wangero.
(c) Ms. Johnson, Wangero, and Grandma Dee.
(d) Maggie, Ms. Johnson, Wangero and Aunt Dicie.
2. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
3. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
(a) A great aunt.
(b) A first cousin.
(c) Grandma Dee and her mother, Great Grandma Dee.
(d) Ms. Johnson's mother-in-law.
4. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) She will donate it to a museum.
(b) She will churn butter in it.
(c) Something artistic that she hasn't yet determined.
(d) She will use it as a flower vase.
5. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
(c) A quick tongue.
6. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
(a) Sink marks from thumbs & fingers touching the wood.
(c) Scuff marks.
(d) Termite holes.
7. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
(a) Cleaned and swept it like a floor.
(b) Mowed it.
(c) Mulched it.
(d) Planted flowers in it.
8. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
9. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The living room.
(d) The back yard.
10. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
(a) John Thomas.
11. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
(b) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
(c) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
(d) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
12. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) Grandma Dee.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
13. Whose name is twice as long and three times as hard as Wangero's in Ms. Johnson's opinion?
(a) Dee's pastor.
(b) Dee's college roommate.
(c) Dee's college professor.
(d) Dee's male companion.
14. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
(b) John Thomas.
15. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
(a) Hang them as art on her walls.
(b) Donate them to a museum.
(c) Use them on her beds.
(d) Use them as curtains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
2. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
3. From where does the wood that gives Ms. Johnson's dasher its color come?
4. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
5. Who is Dee's father?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)