Short Answer Questions Key
1. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
Rural Georgia, near Augusta.
2. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
3. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
Her daughter, Maggie.
5. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
6. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
Cleaned and swept it like a floor.
7. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
The living room.
This section contains 4,695 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)