|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Johnson women are Dee?
2. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
3. What does Ms. Johnson ask Maggie to bring her at the end of the story?
(a) A quilt from the trunk.
(b) Another plate of dinner.
(c) A dip of snuff.
(d) A needle and thread to begin another quilt.
4. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) The Johnson sisters.
(b) African Americans.
(c) Herself and her mother.
(d) The entire Johnson family.
5. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
(a) One of ire.
(b) A frown.
(d) A smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
2. What is Ms. Johnson's marital state?
3. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
4. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
5. Why does Dee think the quilts will become rags in five years?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)