|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dress does Dee wear to her graduation?
(a) Blue gingham.
(b) Purple and white paisley.
(c) Red silk.
(d) Yellow organdy.
2. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the butter churn dasher?
(c) John Thomas.
3. Which of the following characters are mentioned in "Everyday Use" but do not actually appear on stage?
(a) Maggie and John Thomas.
(b) Hakim-a-barber and Wangero.
(c) Grandma Dee, Aunt Dicie, and Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) Great Grandpa Ezra, John Thomas, and Hakim-a-barber.
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" always walks with her eyes on the ground and her chin on her chest?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Uncle Buddy.
5. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
(a) Ms. Johnson could knit Maggie some blankets.
(b) Maggie could make herself some new quilts.
(c) Ms. Johnson could buy new quilts for Maggie.
(d) Maggie could buy new quilts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
2. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
3. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
4. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, on what television program are she and Dee brought together?
5. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)