|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
2. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(a) A hearty laugh.
(b) A scream.
(c) A sob.
3. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
(a) She thinks he's a college professor.
(b) She thinks he's a Musllim preacher.
(c) She thinks he's a lawyer.
(d) She thinks he's a barber.
4. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
(a) Scuff marks.
(b) Termite holes.
(d) Sink marks from thumbs & fingers touching the wood.
5. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her brother.
(b) He was her grandfather.
(c) He was her second husband.
(d) He was her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
2. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
3. What does the person who wants the butter churn top slide over it as if trying to see how it will look in her own home?
4. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
5. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)