|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
(a) Maggie, Grandma Dee and Wangero.
(b) Maggie, Ms. Johnson, Wangero and Aunt Dicie.
(c) Everyone but Wangero.
(d) Ms. Johnson, Wangero, and Grandma Dee.
2. What is Ms. Johnson's marital state?
(a) The story never reveals this fact.
3. Whose name is twice as long and three times as hard as Wangero's in Ms. Johnson's opinion?
(a) Dee's male companion.
(b) Dee's pastor.
(c) Dee's college roommate.
(d) Dee's college professor.
4. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
(a) By breaking ice.
(b) From bottled water she buys at the store in town.
(c) From her faucet.
(d) From her farm's well.
5. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
2. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
3. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
4. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
5. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)