|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dee respond when her mother asks her what happened to Dee?
(a) She says Hakim-a-barber hates the name Dee.
(b) She says Dee is wanted by the police.
(c) She says Dee is wanted by the IRS.
(d) She says Dee's dead.
2. Why does Dee think the quilts will become rags in five years?
(a) Exposing them to air after storage in the trunk will ruin them.
(b) They're old and fragile.
(c) Maggie will use them and wear them out.
(d) Maggie's children will tear them.
3. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's tall and plump with a gray Afro.
(b) She's short and dark with glasses and white hair.
(c) She's thin with a light complexion and glistening hair.
(d) She's tall and dark with lots of jewels and furs.
4. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
5. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
(a) She cheats on him.
(b) She criticizes him too much.
(c) She isn't smart enough for him.
(d) She isn't rich enough for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
2. What does Wangero feel on the benches when she runs her hands along them?
3. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
4. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
5. When their school closes after the second grade, why don't the local Blacks protest?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)