|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
(a) The back yard.
(b) The living room.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The front yard.
2. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
(a) The man's ponytail.
(b) The man's braid.
(c) The man's mustache.
(d) The hair hanging from the man's chin.
3. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
(a) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
4. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
5. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
(a) That Dee was jealous of Maggie.
(b) That Dee adored Maggie.
(c) That Dee hated Maggie.
(d) That Dee considered Maggie an embarrassment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
2. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
3. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
4. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
5. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)