|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
2. How much does Dee think Grandma Dee's quilts are worth?
(a) She thinks they're priceless.
(b) She thinks they're worth a few dozen dollars.
(c) She doesn't think they're worth anything.
(d) She thinks they're worth a few hundred dollars.
3. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She is in a car wreck.
(c) She contracts polio.
(d) She gets hooked in the side by a cow.
4. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Grandma Dee.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
5. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
(b) Ms. Johnson's.
(c) John Thomas's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
2. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
3. Who keeps trying to shake Maggie's hand at the reunion?
4. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
5. How does the character who goes to school in Augusta try to share her knowledge with the rest of the family?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)