|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
(a) Dry, dusty soil.
(b) Red earth.
(c) Hard clay.
(d) Rich, dark brown earth.
2. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
(a) She isn't rich enough for him.
(b) She isn't smart enough for him.
(c) She cheats on him.
(d) She criticizes him too much.
3. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
(c) John Thomas.
4. In what is the Johnson home located?
(a) A big Augusta, Georgia subdivision.
(b) A former Revolutionary War battlefield.
(c) A former Civil War battlefield.
(d) A pasture.
5. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
(b) Dee's terror.
(c) The firemen working to put out the flames.
(d) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
2. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
3. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
4. What does Wangero feel on the benches when she runs her hands along them?
5. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)