|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Grandma Dee.
2. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
(a) She criticizes him too much.
(b) She cheats on him.
(c) She isn't smart enough for him.
(d) She isn't rich enough for him.
3. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
(a) Black men.
(b) White women.
(c) People with college degrees.
(d) White men.
4. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
(a) Use them as curtains.
(b) Donate them to a museum.
(c) Use them on her beds.
(d) Hang them as art on her walls.
5. When their school closes after the second grade, why don't the local Blacks protest?
(a) They fear violent repercussions.
(b) Their children are needed on the farm instead of in school.
(c) In 1927 they ask fewer questions than they do now.
(d) There is little community support for reopening it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
2. What does Ms. Johnson believe Maggie thinks her portion from God is?
3. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
4. What is Hakim-a-barber's religion?
5. Who does Maggie marry?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)