|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
(a) Raise flowers.
(b) Sing church songs.
(d) Plant corn.
2. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," who does Ms. Johnson say will regard Dee with a mixture of envy and awe?
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Grandpa Ezra.
(d) Grandma Dee.
3. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
(a) The hair hanging from the man's chin.
(b) The man's braid.
(c) The man's ponytail.
(d) The man's mustache.
4. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
(b) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
(c) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
(d) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
5. How many children does Ms. Johnson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
2. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
3. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
4. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
5. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)