|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
2. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
(a) A mouse.
(b) Milk that has turned to clabber.
(d) Grandma Dee's apron.
3. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
(a) Her other quilts are prettier.
(b) Machine-stitched quilts will last longer than hand-stitched.
(c) Her other quilts are newer.
(d) Her other quilts are made of warmer fabrics.
4. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
(a) One of ire.
(c) A smile.
(d) A frown.
5. When Ms. Johnson offers Dee a quilt in the past, what is Dee's reaction?
(a) She does't want it because it is too plain.
(b) She loves the idea, takes the quilt and asks for more.
(c) She wants to learn to quilt herself.
(d) She doesn't want it because it is old-fashioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
2. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
3. Who keeps trying to shake Maggie's hand at the reunion?
4. What does Wangero feel on the benches when she runs her hands along them?
5. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)