|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
(b) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(c) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(d) It is an ugly name.
2. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
3. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear to bed?
(b) Flannel nightgowns.
(c) Men's pajamas.
(d) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
4. What is the first thing out of the car upon Dee's arrival that identifies Dee to Ms. Johnson?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her arm.
5. From where does the wood that gives Ms. Johnson's dasher its color come?
(b) The woods behind Grandma Dee's house.
(c) A tree that grew in the yard where Big Dee and Stash lived.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
2. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
3. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
5. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)