|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(b) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
(c) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(d) It is an ugly name.
2. What kind of dress does Dee wear to her graduation?
(a) Yellow organdy.
(b) Purple and white paisley.
(c) Red silk.
(d) Blue gingham.
3. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
4. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
(b) Kenisha Jackson.
(c) Raelene Jordan.
(d) Ariella Candace Jones.
5. How many sons does Ms. Johnson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
2. Who does Maggie marry?
3. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
5. Who fills her bottom lip with checkerberry snuff at the end of "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)