|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the character who goes to school in Augusta try to share her knowledge with the rest of the family?
(a) She reads to them.
(b) She encourages them to enroll in college.
(c) She invites them to her school recitals.
(d) She loans them her textbooks.
2. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
(b) A quick tongue.
3. Whose hand closes over Grandma Dee's butter dish at dinner?
(d) Ms. Johnson's.
4. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
(c) Aunt Dicie.
5. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
(b) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(c) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(d) It is an ugly name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie marry?
2. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
3. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
4. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
5. To what does Dee change her name?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)