|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
(a) Short and thin with big glasses.
(b) Short and stocky with hair all over his head and chin.
(c) Tall and thin with a big mustache.
(d) Tall and fat.
2. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
(a) Embroidered pillow cases.
(b) Old family photos.
(c) Her old baby clothes.
(d) Two quilts pieced by Grandma Dee.
3. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
(a) Sit in the yard enjoying themselves until bedtime.
(b) Gossip about Wangero.
(c) Eat dessert.
(d) Start a new quilt.
4. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
(a) Children who have made it are surprised by their parents.
(b) Unsuccessful children greet their unhappy parents.
(c) The children and parents embrace and smile and cry.
(d) The children thank the parents for helping them succeed.
5. Who does Maggie marry?
(a) One of her teachers.
(b) The local preacher.
(d) John Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
2. When Ms. Johnson offers Dee a quilt in the past, what is Dee's reaction?
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
4. Who takes Polaroids of the Johnson family reunion?
5. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)