|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of jobs has Ms. Johnson always done well?
(a) Housekeeping or maid jobs.
(b) Man's farm work like butchering and milking.
(c) Nursing jobs.
(d) Clerical jobs.
2. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
(a) That Dee was jealous of Maggie.
(b) That Dee hated Maggie.
(c) That Dee adored Maggie.
(d) That Dee considered Maggie an embarrassment.
3. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, on what television program are she and Dee brought together?
(a) David Letterman.
(b) Jerry Springer.
(d) Johnny Carson.
4. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(b) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
(c) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(d) It is an ugly name.
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" delights in the chitlins and corn bread, greens and sweet potatoes Ms. Johnson serves for dinner during Dee's visit?
(a) John Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
2. With what has Ms. Johnson primarily been concerned all her life?
3. How many children does Ms. Johnson have?
4. What does Ms. Johnson do in church when the spirit of God touches her?
5. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)