|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
(a) From bottled water she buys at the store in town.
(b) From her faucet.
(c) By breaking ice.
(d) From her farm's well.
2. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) Make butter in it.
(b) Make it the centerpiece for her alcove table.
(c) Use it as a flower vase.
(d) Hang it on her wall.
3. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
(a) Two long pigtails roped around her ears.
(b) A short Afro.
(c) She has shaved her head.
4. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
5. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
2. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
3. With what has Ms. Johnson primarily been concerned all her life?
4. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
5. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)