|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
(a) She isn't smart enough for him.
(b) She criticizes him too much.
(c) She cheats on him.
(d) She isn't rich enough for him.
2. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
(a) Maggie's wedding to John Thomas.
(c) Maggie's birthday.
3. When boys and girls hang around Dee in her youth, what does she do to entertain them?
(a) She reads to them.
(b) She sings to them.
(c) She plays hopskotch with them.
(d) She plays records for them.
4. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) Johnny Carson.
5. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
(b) Aunt Dicie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
2. Which of the following is not in a Polaroid of the Johnson family reunion?
3. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
4. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
5. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)