|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
(a) Planted flowers in it.
(b) Mulched it.
(c) Cleaned and swept it like a floor.
(d) Mowed it.
2. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
(a) A piece of his Civil War uniform.
(b) A piece of his wedding pants.
(c) A piece of his christening gown.
(d) A piece of his old red flannel shirt.
3. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(b) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
(c) The firemen working to put out the flames.
(d) Dee's terror.
4. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
(a) She's shorter and has more warts.
(b) She's taller and fatter.
(c) She's more freckled and wears thicker glasses.
(d) She's lighter in complexion with nicer hair and a fuller figure.
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson offers Dee a quilt in the past, what is Dee's reaction?
2. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
3. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
4. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
5. What does Ms. Johnson call Dee's companion in her thoughts?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)