|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) The Johnson house.
2. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
(a) She thinks he's a barber.
(b) She thinks he's a Musllim preacher.
(c) She thinks he's a college professor.
(d) She thinks he's a lawyer.
3. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(b) Uncle Buddy.
(c) Dee's father.
(d) Dee's brother.
4. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
(a) Get married.
(b) Buy more stylish clothing.
(c) Try to make something of herself.
(d) Give up the hand-stitched quilts.
5. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
2. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
3. Who does Maggie marry?
4. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
5. In what is the Johnson home located?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)