|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) Make butter in it.
(b) Hang it on her wall.
(c) Use it as a flower vase.
(d) Make it the centerpiece for her alcove table.
2. Which of the following characters are mentioned in "Everyday Use" but do not actually appear on stage?
(a) Grandma Dee, Aunt Dicie, and Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) Great Grandpa Ezra, John Thomas, and Hakim-a-barber.
(c) Hakim-a-barber and Wangero.
(d) Maggie and John Thomas.
3. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
(d) John Thomas.
4. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
(a) Try to make something of herself.
(b) Get married.
(c) Give up the hand-stitched quilts.
(d) Buy more stylish clothing.
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
2. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
3. Who fills her bottom lip with checkerberry snuff at the end of "Everyday Use?"
4. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
5. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)