|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands under a gum tree and observes from a safe distance while tragedy strikes the old Johnson house a decade earlier?
(a) John Thomas.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
2. From where does the wood that gives Ms. Johnson's dasher its color come?
(a) The woods behind Grandma Dee's house.
(b) A tree that grew in the yard where Big Dee and Stash lived.
3. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
(b) She will never be able to afford college.
(c) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
(d) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
4. Whose name is twice as long and three times as hard as Wangero's in Ms. Johnson's opinion?
(a) Dee's college roommate.
(b) Dee's college professor.
(c) Dee's pastor.
(d) Dee's male companion.
5. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(a) A hearty laugh.
(b) A scream.
(d) A sob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
2. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
3. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
5. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)