|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man who emerges from the car with Dee wear his hair?
(a) In cornrows.
(b) He shaves his head.
2. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
(a) The ones on Ms. Johnson's bed.
(b) One or two of the machine-stitched ones.
(c) The hand-stitched ones Grandma Dee pieced.
(d) Two on Maggie's bed that need washing.
3. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(d) Ms. Johnson.
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(b) Grandma Dee.
(c) Big Dee.
(d) Her daughter, Maggie.
5. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Raelene Jordan.
(b) Ariella Candace Jones.
(c) Kenisha Jackson.
(d) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
2. What is Ms. Johnson's marital state?
3. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
4. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
5. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)