|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
(a) Machine-stitched quilts will last longer than hand-stitched.
(b) Her other quilts are made of warmer fabrics.
(c) Her other quilts are newer.
(d) Her other quilts are prettier.
2. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
(a) Ms. Johnson should practice saying it until she gets it right.
(b) Ms. Johnson could prounounce it if she were smarter.
(c) Ms. Johnson doesn't have to use it if she doesn't want to.
(d) Ms. Johnson can used the shortened version Wang.
3. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's white-haired and petite.
(b) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
(c) She's skinny and short.
(d) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
4. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
(a) John Thomas.
5. What color is Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
(a) Light yellow.
(d) Dark brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
2. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
3. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
4. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the butter churn dasher?
5. Who makes the sounds in the kitchen?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)