|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maggie marry?
(b) John Thomas.
(c) One of her teachers.
(d) The local preacher.
2. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
(a) Marry another woman.
(b) Wreck his car.
(c) Enlist in the Army.
(d) Move to Atlanta.
3. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
4. What does Dee want to match a green suit she makes from an old suit someone gives her mother?
(a) Black pumps.
(b) A hair barrette.
(c) A pair of earrings.
(d) A green blouse.
5. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
(a) That Dee was jealous of Maggie.
(b) That Dee hated Maggie.
(c) That Dee considered Maggie an embarrassment.
(d) That Dee adored Maggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
2. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
3. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
4. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
5. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)