|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
(b) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
(c) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
(d) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
2. What is Hakim-a-barber's religion?
3. Who hates the current Johnson house as well as the old Johnson house?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Grandma Dee.
4. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
(a) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) John Thomas.
5. When their school closes after the second grade, why don't the local Blacks protest?
(a) They fear violent repercussions.
(b) Their children are needed on the farm instead of in school.
(c) There is little community support for reopening it.
(d) In 1927 they ask fewer questions than they do now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dee want to match a green suit she makes from an old suit someone gives her mother?
2. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
3. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
4. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
5. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)