|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(b) Her daughter, Maggie.
(c) Big Dee.
2. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Two warm quilts.
(b) Woolen longjohns.
(c) Her fat.
(d) A warm fire in her fireplace.
3. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
(a) Real glass windows.
(b) Holes cut in the sides with shutters held by rawhide.
(c) It's windowless.
(d) Big bay windows.
4. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
5. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
(c) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
2. Which of the following is not in a Polaroid of the Johnson family reunion?
3. What does Ms. Johnson believe Maggie thinks her portion from God is?
4. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)