|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
(a) Rural Ohio.
(b) Rural Georgia, near Augusta.
(c) New York City.
2. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of her old flannel nightgowns.
(b) Pieces of her old pillow cases.
(c) Pieces of her old aprons.
(d) Pieces of dresses Grandma Dee wore over 50 years ago.
3. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) John Thomas.
4. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
(a) A piece of his Civil War uniform.
(b) A piece of his christening gown.
(c) A piece of his wedding pants.
(d) A piece of his old red flannel shirt.
5. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
(c) John Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," who does Ms. Johnson say will regard Dee with a mixture of envy and awe?
2. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
3. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
4. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
5. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)