|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
(a) Ms. Johnson could buy new quilts for Maggie.
(b) Ms. Johnson could knit Maggie some blankets.
(c) Maggie could buy new quilts.
(d) Maggie could make herself some new quilts.
2. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
(b) Plant corn.
(c) Raise flowers.
(d) Sing church songs.
3. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
4. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
(c) John Thomas.
5. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
(a) Artistic talent.
(b) A great speaking voice.
(c) A great singing voice.
(d) A style of her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Ms. Johnson promise to give the quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
2. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
4. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
5. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)