|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dee change her name?
(a) So she won't have a white oppressor name.
(b) She is hiding from the law.
(c) Hakim-a-barber hates her real name.
(d) She needs a more glamorous name to be an actress.
2. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
3. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
(b) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
(c) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
(d) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
4. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, on what television program are she and Dee brought together?
(a) Jerry Springer.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) David Letterman.
5. Who takes Polaroids of the Johnson family reunion?
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," who does Ms. Johnson say will regard Dee with a mixture of envy and awe?
2. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
3. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
4. To what does Dee change her name?
5. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)