|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
(c) John Thomas.
2. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
(a) The Drunkard's Path and Lone Star patterns.
(b) The Lone Star and Walk Around the Mountain patterns.
(c) The Dutch Doll and Drunkard's path patterns.
(d) The Southern Belle and Dutch Doll patterns.
3. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
(a) It reaches her knees.
(b) It touches the ground.
(c) It is a mini skirt.
(d) It touches her calves.
4. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
(a) They can't afford chairs.
(b) They don't like chairs.
(c) Ms. Johnson finds chairs uncomfortable to sit on.
(d) Dee's father doesn't know how to make chairs.
5. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
2. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
3. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
4. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
5. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)