|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
(a) People with college degrees.
(b) White women.
(c) Black men.
(d) White men.
2. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
(a) Ms. Johnson could knit Maggie some blankets.
(b) Maggie could buy new quilts.
(c) Ms. Johnson could buy new quilts for Maggie.
(d) Maggie could make herself some new quilts.
3. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) Grandma Dee.
4. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's short and dark with glasses and white hair.
(b) She's tall and dark with lots of jewels and furs.
(c) She's tall and plump with a gray Afro.
(d) She's thin with a light complexion and glistening hair.
5. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
(a) Donate them to a museum.
(b) Use them as curtains.
(c) Hang them as art on her walls.
(d) Use them on her beds.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
2. Who does Maggie marry?
3. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
4. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
5. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)