|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
(a) Move to Atlanta.
(b) Wreck his car.
(c) Enlist in the Army.
(d) Marry another woman.
2. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
(a) Maggie, Ms. Johnson, Wangero and Aunt Dicie.
(b) Maggie, Grandma Dee and Wangero.
(c) Ms. Johnson, Wangero, and Grandma Dee.
(d) Everyone but Wangero.
3. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
(a) She contracts polio.
(b) She gets hooked in the side by a cow.
(c) She is in a car wreck.
(d) She has a heart attack.
4. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
(a) They're older.
(b) They're prettier.
(c) Grandma Dee pieced them.
(d) They're handstitched & the others are machine-stitched.
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(a) Big Dee.
(b) Grandma Dee.
(c) Her daughter, Maggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hand closes over Grandma Dee's butter dish at dinner?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" delights in the chitlins and corn bread, greens and sweet potatoes Ms. Johnson serves for dinner during Dee's visit?
3. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
4. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
5. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)