|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
(a) Move to Atlanta.
(b) Marry another woman.
(c) Wreck his car.
(d) Enlist in the Army.
2. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
(a) The ones on Ms. Johnson's bed.
(b) One or two of the machine-stitched ones.
(c) Two on Maggie's bed that need washing.
(d) The hand-stitched ones Grandma Dee pieced.
3. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, on what television program are she and Dee brought together?
(a) Johnny Carson.
(c) David Letterman.
(d) Jerry Springer.
4. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
5. What is the nickname of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn dasher?
(a) Old Henry.
(c) Big Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Ms. Johnson promise to give the quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
2. Which member of the Johnson family always criticizes the others?
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
4. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
5. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)