|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
(d) John Thomas.
2. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
(b) John Thomas.
3. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
(a) Whether they are married.
(b) Whether they have bought a house together.
(c) Whether Dee/Wangero is a Muslim now like Hakim-a-barber.
(d) Whether Dee/Wangero is pregnant.
4. What does the person who wants the butter churn top slide over it as if trying to see how it will look in her own home?
(a) A dinner plate.
(b) A tablecloth.
(c) A dish towel.
(d) An arrangement of wildflowers.
5. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
(a) The radio comes on.
(b) Maggie's breathing.
(c) The television set comes on.
(d) Maggies footsteps.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
2. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
3. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
4. Who puts on a pair of sunglasses at the end of "Everyday Use"?
5. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)