|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dee respond when her mother asks her what happened to Dee?
(a) She says Dee is wanted by the IRS.
(b) She says Dee is wanted by the police.
(c) She says Hakim-a-barber hates the name Dee.
(d) She says Dee's dead.
2. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
(a) John Thomas.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
3. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(c) Ms. Johnson.
4. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) Herself and her mother.
(b) The Johnson sisters.
(c) The entire Johnson family.
(d) African Americans.
5. How many children does Ms. Johnson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maggie's father?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
3. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
4. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
5. Who fills her bottom lip with checkerberry snuff at the end of "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)