|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie react when Dee's companion moves forward to hug her?
(a) She backs away, trembling and perspiring.
(b) She screams.
(c) She rushes forward to hug him first.
(d) She runs away.
2. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
(a) Unsuccessful children greet their unhappy parents.
(b) The children thank the parents for helping them succeed.
(c) Children who have made it are surprised by their parents.
(d) The children and parents embrace and smile and cry.
3. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
(a) Everyone but Wangero.
(b) Maggie, Grandma Dee and Wangero.
(c) Ms. Johnson, Wangero, and Grandma Dee.
(d) Maggie, Ms. Johnson, Wangero and Aunt Dicie.
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" always looks anyone in the eye because hesitation is not part of her nature?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
(b) Aunt Dicie.
5. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her brother.
(b) He was her father.
(c) He was her grandfather.
(d) He was her second husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
2. What does Ms. Johnson do in church when the spirit of God touches her?
3. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
4. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
5. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)