|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
(b) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
(c) She will never be able to afford college.
(d) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
2. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) She will use it as a flower vase.
(b) She will churn butter in it.
(c) She will donate it to a museum.
(d) Something artistic that she hasn't yet determined.
3. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
(b) She's white-haired and petite.
(c) She's skinny and short.
(d) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
4. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
(a) Ms. Johnson's mother-in-law.
(b) A first cousin.
(c) Grandma Dee and her mother, Great Grandma Dee.
(d) A great aunt.
5. Who keeps trying to shake Maggie's hand at the reunion?
(b) John Thomas.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
2. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
3. Who stands under a gum tree and observes from a safe distance while tragedy strikes the old Johnson house a decade earlier?
4. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
5. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)