|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts on a pair of sunglasses at the end of "Everyday Use"?
(d) Ms. Johnson.
2. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
(a) A sterling silver cross.
(b) A rose.
(c) An orchid.
(d) A ruby brooch.
3. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
(a) The children and parents embrace and smile and cry.
(b) Unsuccessful children greet their unhappy parents.
(c) The children thank the parents for helping them succeed.
(d) Children who have made it are surprised by their parents.
4. To whom does Ms. Johnson promise to give the quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
(c) Aunt Dicie.
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
(a) An elm tree.
(b) A maple tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) A sycamore tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name is twice as long and three times as hard as Wangero's in Ms. Johnson's opinion?
2. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
3. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
4. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
5. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)