|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing out of the car upon Dee's arrival that identifies Dee to Ms. Johnson?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her leg.
2. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
(b) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
(c) She's skinny and short.
(d) She's white-haired and petite.
3. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
(a) Whether Dee/Wangero is a Muslim now like Hakim-a-barber.
(b) Whether Dee/Wangero is pregnant.
(c) Whether they have bought a house together.
(d) Whether they are married.
4. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
(b) Ariella Candace Jones.
(c) Raelene Jordan.
(d) Kenisha Jackson.
5. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
2. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
3. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
4. How many rooms did the Johnsons' previous house have?
5. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)