|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(a) A sob.
(b) A scream.
(d) A hearty laugh.
2. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
(a) Machine-stitched quilts will last longer than hand-stitched.
(b) Her other quilts are made of warmer fabrics.
(c) Her other quilts are newer.
(d) Her other quilts are prettier.
3. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of her old aprons.
(b) Pieces of dresses Grandma Dee wore over 50 years ago.
(c) Pieces of her old flannel nightgowns.
(d) Pieces of her old pillow cases.
4. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Grandma Dee.
5. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Uncle Buddy.
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(d) Uncle Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
2. What color is Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
3. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
4. To what does Dee change her name?
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)