|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
(a) New York City.
(c) Rural Georgia, near Augusta.
(d) Rural Ohio.
2. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The living room.
(d) The kitchen.
3. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
(a) Machine-stitched quilts will last longer than hand-stitched.
(b) Her other quilts are newer.
(c) Her other quilts are prettier.
(d) Her other quilts are made of warmer fabrics.
4. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
(b) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(c) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(d) It is an ugly name.
5. How many Johnson women are Dee?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
2. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
3. What does Ms. Johnson believe Maggie thinks her portion from God is?
4. Which of the following characters are mentioned in "Everyday Use" but do not actually appear on stage?
5. Why does Dee change her name?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)