|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When boys and girls hang around Dee in her youth, what does she do to entertain them?
(a) She plays records for them.
(b) She reads to them.
(c) She plays hopskotch with them.
(d) She sings to them.
2. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
(a) Something falling and the slam of the kitchen door.
(b) A door slamming and someone weeping.
(c) Glass breaking and someone cursing.
(d) Pots and pans banging in the kitchen.
3. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Her fat.
(b) Woolen longjohns.
(c) A warm fire in her fireplace.
(d) Two warm quilts.
4. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
(a) A sterling silver cross.
(b) A rose.
(c) An orchid.
(d) A ruby brooch.
5. Whose name is twice as long and three times as hard as Wangero's in Ms. Johnson's opinion?
(a) Dee's pastor.
(b) Dee's college roommate.
(c) Dee's college professor.
(d) Dee's male companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
2. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
3. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
4. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
5. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)