|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
(b) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
(c) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
(d) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
2. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) African Americans.
(b) The Johnson sisters.
(c) The entire Johnson family.
(d) Herself and her mother.
3. What does Dee want to match a green suit she makes from an old suit someone gives her mother?
(a) Black pumps.
(b) A pair of earrings.
(c) A green blouse.
(d) A hair barrette.
4. Which of the following is not in a Polaroid of the Johnson family reunion?
(a) A cow.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
5. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
2. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
3. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
4. After whom does Ms. Johnson name Dee?
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" always walks with her eyes on the ground and her chin on her chest?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)