|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson call Dee's companion in her thoughts?
(b) The Muslim.
(d) The barber.
2. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
(a) The bank repossesses it.
(b) Termites and rats infest it.
(c) A tornado devastates it.
(d) It burns to the ground.
3. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Orange and yellow.
(d) Black and white plaid.
4. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
(a) The story does not reveal this information.
(b) He is a politician.
(c) He is a physician.
(d) He is a college professor.
5. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
(a) White women.
(b) White men.
(c) People with college degrees.
(d) Black men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson offers Dee a quilt in the past, what is Dee's reaction?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
3. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
4. What is Ms. Johnson's religion?
5. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)