|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Ariella Candace Jones.
(b) Kenisha Jackson.
(c) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
(d) Raelene Jordan.
2. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
(a) She is in a car wreck.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She contracts polio.
(d) She gets hooked in the side by a cow.
3. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
(a) A quick tongue.
4. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
(a) The bank repossesses it.
(b) Termites and rats infest it.
(c) It burns to the ground.
(d) A tornado devastates it.
5. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
(a) Enlist in the Army.
(b) Wreck his car.
(c) Move to Atlanta.
(d) Marry another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
2. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
3. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
4. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
5. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)