|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" delights in the chitlins and corn bread, greens and sweet potatoes Ms. Johnson serves for dinner during Dee's visit?
(a) John Thomas.
2. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
(a) Real glass windows.
(b) Big bay windows.
(c) It's windowless.
(d) Holes cut in the sides with shutters held by rawhide.
3. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Kenisha Jackson.
(b) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
(c) Raelene Jordan.
(d) Ariella Candace Jones.
4. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
(b) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
(c) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
(d) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
5. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
(a) Whether Dee/Wangero is a Muslim now like Hakim-a-barber.
(b) Whether they are married.
(c) Whether Dee/Wangero is pregnant.
(d) Whether they have bought a house together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
2. In what is the Johnson home located?
3. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
4. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
5. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)