|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dee's male companion greet Ms. Johnson and Maggie?
(a) With a handshake.
(b) With a polite nod.
(c) With a kiss on the cheek.
(d) With the Arabic greeting Asalamalakim.
2. What is Dee's relationship to Maggie?
(a) They're cousins.
(b) They're friends.
(c) They're neighbors.
(d) They're sisters.
3. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
4. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) Dee's terror.
(b) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
(c) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(d) The firemen working to put out the flames.
5. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
(a) A door slamming and someone weeping.
(b) Something falling and the slam of the kitchen door.
(c) Glass breaking and someone cursing.
(d) Pots and pans banging in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
2. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
3. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
4. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
5. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)