|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Johnson family always criticizes the others?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
(b) Grandma Dee.
2. Who is Maggie's father?
(b) The story never reveals this fact.
(c) John Thomas.
3. How much does Dee think Grandma Dee's quilts are worth?
(a) She thinks they're worth a few hundred dollars.
(b) She thinks they're worth a few dozen dollars.
(c) She thinks they're priceless.
(d) She doesn't think they're worth anything.
4. How many Johnson women are Dee?
5. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
2. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
3. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
4. On what occasion has Ms. Johnson offered Dee a quilt in the past?
5. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)