|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
(b) New York City.
(c) Rural Georgia, near Augusta.
(d) Rural Ohio.
2. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
(c) John Thomas.
3. What kind of jewelry does Dee wear for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) A silver wristwatch.
(b) Gold earrings and bracelets.
(c) A ruby pendant.
(d) Pear earrings.
4. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(b) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
(c) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(d) It is an ugly name.
5. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear to bed?
(b) Men's pajamas.
(c) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
(d) Flannel nightgowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
2. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
3. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
4. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
5. What color is Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)