|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(d) John Thomas.
2. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A piece of straw.
(b) An elephant's brain.
(c) A canteloupe.
(d) A pea.
3. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
(b) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
(c) She will never be able to afford college.
(d) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Grandma Dee.
5. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
(a) A quick tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie marry?
2. What is Ms. Johnson's marital state?
3. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
4. When Ms. Johnson offers Dee a quilt in the past, what is Dee's reaction?
5. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)