|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
(c) Grandma Dee.
2. What does Dee want to match a green suit she makes from an old suit someone gives her mother?
(a) A pair of earrings.
(b) Black pumps.
(c) A hair barrette.
(d) A green blouse.
3. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) Dee's terror.
(b) The firemen working to put out the flames.
(c) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(d) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
4. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's short and dark with glasses and white hair.
(b) She's thin with a light complexion and glistening hair.
(c) She's tall and dark with lots of jewels and furs.
(d) She's tall and plump with a gray Afro.
5. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
(a) She thinks he's a Musllim preacher.
(b) She thinks he's a barber.
(c) She thinks he's a lawyer.
(d) She thinks he's a college professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson call Dee's companion in her thoughts?
2. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
4. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
5. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)