|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A pea.
(b) A piece of straw.
(c) An elephant's brain.
(d) A canteloupe.
2. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
(a) The children thank the parents for helping them succeed.
(b) The children and parents embrace and smile and cry.
(c) Children who have made it are surprised by their parents.
(d) Unsuccessful children greet their unhappy parents.
3. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
(a) That Dee adored Maggie.
(b) That Dee was jealous of Maggie.
(c) That Dee hated Maggie.
(d) That Dee considered Maggie an embarrassment.
4. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) Use it as a flower vase.
(b) Make it the centerpiece for her alcove table.
(c) Hang it on her wall.
(d) Make butter in it.
5. Whose name is twice as long and three times as hard as Wangero's in Ms. Johnson's opinion?
(a) Dee's pastor.
(b) Dee's male companion.
(c) Dee's college roommate.
(d) Dee's college professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
2. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
3. What does Ms. Johnson believe Maggie thinks her portion from God is?
4. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
5. How much does Dee think Grandma Dee's quilts are worth?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)