|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
(c) Grandma Dee.
3. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Woolen longjohns.
(b) A warm fire in her fireplace.
(c) Her fat.
(d) Two warm quilts.
4. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
(a) The Dutch Doll and Drunkard's path patterns.
(b) The Lone Star and Walk Around the Mountain patterns.
(c) The Southern Belle and Dutch Doll patterns.
(d) The Drunkard's Path and Lone Star patterns.
5. Who is Maggie's father?
(c) The story never reveals this fact.
(d) John Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
2. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
3. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
4. What color is Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
5. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)