|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
2. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
(c) Maggie's birthday.
(d) Maggie's wedding to John Thomas.
3. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
(a) It touches her calves.
(b) It reaches her knees.
(c) It touches the ground.
(d) It is a mini skirt.
4. What does Wangero feel on the benches when she runs her hands along them?
(b) Rump prints.
(c) The smooth surface of the varnished wood.
(d) Chips in the wood.
5. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
(a) The back yard.
(b) The living room.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The front yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
2. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
3. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
4. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
5. What is Hakim-a-barber's religion?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)