|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dee change her name?
(a) Hakim-a-barber hates her real name.
(b) She needs a more glamorous name to be an actress.
(c) So she won't have a white oppressor name.
(d) She is hiding from the law.
2. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Two warm quilts.
(b) Her fat.
(c) A warm fire in her fireplace.
(d) Woolen longjohns.
3. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
(b) Dee's terror.
(c) The firemen working to put out the flames.
(d) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
4. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
(a) Give up the hand-stitched quilts.
(b) Buy more stylish clothing.
(c) Try to make something of herself.
(d) Get married.
5. Who takes Polaroids of the Johnson family reunion?
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
2. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
3. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
4. What does Ms. Johnson believe Maggie thinks her portion from God is?
5. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)