|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms did the Johnsons' previous house have?
2. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
(a) Termites and rats infest it.
(b) A tornado devastates it.
(c) The bank repossesses it.
(d) It burns to the ground.
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
4. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
(b) She's skinny and short.
(c) She's white-haired and petite.
(d) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
5. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(c) John Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" always walks with her eyes on the ground and her chin on her chest?
3. Which of the following is not in a Polaroid of the Johnson family reunion?
4. What does Dee want to match a green suit she makes from an old suit someone gives her mother?
5. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)