|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) Use it as a flower vase.
(b) Make it the centerpiece for her alcove table.
(c) Hang it on her wall.
(d) Make butter in it.
2. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) The firemen working to put out the flames.
(b) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(c) Dee's terror.
(d) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
3. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
(a) They can't afford chairs.
(b) They don't like chairs.
(c) Ms. Johnson finds chairs uncomfortable to sit on.
(d) Dee's father doesn't know how to make chairs.
4. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) John Thomas.
5. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
(b) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
(c) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
(d) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
2. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
3. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
4. Who is Maggie's father?
5. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)