|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
(a) Grandma Dee and her mother, Great Grandma Dee.
(b) A first cousin.
(c) Ms. Johnson's mother-in-law.
(d) A great aunt.
2. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Orange and yellow.
(b) Black and white plaid.
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
4. Who fills her bottom lip with checkerberry snuff at the end of "Everyday Use?"
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
5. How does the character who goes to school in Augusta try to share her knowledge with the rest of the family?
(a) She reads to them.
(b) She loans them her textbooks.
(c) She encourages them to enroll in college.
(d) She invites them to her school recitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson ask Maggie to bring her at the end of the story?
2. How many rooms did the Johnsons' previous house have?
3. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
4. How does Hakim-a-barber feel about the group of people to which Ms. Johnson asks if he belongs?
5. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)