|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands under a gum tree and observes from a safe distance while tragedy strikes the old Johnson house a decade earlier?
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
2. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
(c) John Thomas.
3. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
4. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
(a) Two long pigtails roped around her ears.
(c) A short Afro.
(d) She has shaved her head.
5. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
(a) John Thomas's.
(b) Ms. Johnson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
2. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
4. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
5. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)