|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," who does Ms. Johnson say will regard Dee with a mixture of envy and awe?
(b) Grandma Dee.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Grandpa Ezra.
2. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
(a) Artistic talent.
(b) A great speaking voice.
(c) A style of her own.
(d) A great singing voice.
3. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
(a) Glass breaking and someone cursing.
(b) A door slamming and someone weeping.
(c) Pots and pans banging in the kitchen.
(d) Something falling and the slam of the kitchen door.
4. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
(a) Her mother's wedding dress.
(b) Grandma Dee's butter dish.
(c) The butter churn dasher and top.
(d) One or two other quilts in her collection.
5. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
(a) That Dee hated Maggie.
(b) That Dee was jealous of Maggie.
(c) That Dee adored Maggie.
(d) That Dee considered Maggie an embarrassment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
2. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
3. To whom does Ms. Johnson promise to give the quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
4. What is Ms. Johnson's religion?
5. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)