|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
(a) Artistic talent.
(b) A great singing voice.
(c) A great speaking voice.
(d) A style of her own.
2. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
(c) Grandma Dee.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
3. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(a) Uncle Buddy.
(b) Dee's father.
(c) Dee's brother.
4. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
(a) With an Arabic greeting.
(b) With a kiss.
(c) With a hug.
(d) With a hearty hello.
5. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A pea.
(b) An elephant's brain.
(c) A piece of straw.
(d) A canteloupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who puts on a pair of sunglasses at the end of "Everyday Use"?
2. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
3. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
4. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
5. Who does Maggie marry?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)