|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
(a) Termites and rats infest it.
(b) The bank repossesses it.
(c) A tornado devastates it.
(d) It burns to the ground.
2. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
(a) Ms. Johnson doesn't have to use it if she doesn't want to.
(b) Ms. Johnson should practice saying it until she gets it right.
(c) Ms. Johnson can used the shortened version Wang.
(d) Ms. Johnson could prounounce it if she were smarter.
3. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
4. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
(a) Get married.
(b) Give up the hand-stitched quilts.
(c) Try to make something of herself.
(d) Buy more stylish clothing.
5. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons does Ms. Johnson have?
2. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
3. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
4. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
5. Which Johnson family member possesses the most self confidence?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)