|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A tall man with thick glasses.
(b) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
(c) A handsome man with a mustache.
(d) A short, fat man with dimples.
2. Who makes the sounds in the kitchen?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Grandma Dee.
3. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
(a) Use them as curtains.
(b) Donate them to a museum.
(c) Use them on her beds.
(d) Hang them as art on her walls.
4. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
(a) She shakes hands heartily.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She screams.
(d) She keeps trying to pull her limp, sweating hand back.
5. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
2. To what does Dee change her name?
3. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
4. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
5. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)