|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
(a) It is smaller.
(b) It has a tin roof instead of a shingle roof.
(c) It is larger.
(d) It has more land with it.
2. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
(a) John Thomas.
3. Who takes Polaroids of the Johnson family reunion?
(d) Mrs. Johnson.
4. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's white-haired and petite.
(b) She's skinny and short.
(c) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
(d) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
5. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
(a) They're handstitched & the others are machine-stitched.
(b) They're prettier.
(c) They're older.
(d) Grandma Dee pieced them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
2. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
3. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
4. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
5. Who is Dee's father?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)