|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
(c) Maggie's wedding to John Thomas.
(d) Maggie's birthday.
2. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
(b) A handsome man with a mustache.
(c) A tall man with thick glasses.
(d) A short, fat man with dimples.
3. What kind of dress does Dee wear to her graduation?
(a) Blue gingham.
(b) Purple and white paisley.
(c) Yellow organdy.
(d) Red silk.
4. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
(b) Rural Georgia, near Augusta.
(c) Rural Ohio.
(d) New York City.
5. Which of the following is not in a Polaroid of the Johnson family reunion?
(b) A cow.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
2. How does the man who emerges from the car with Dee wear his hair?
3. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
4. What kind of jobs has Ms. Johnson always done well?
5. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)