|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
(a) Tall and thin with a big mustache.
(b) Tall and fat.
(c) Short and stocky with hair all over his head and chin.
(d) Short and thin with big glasses.
2. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(a) Big Dee.
(b) Her daughter, Maggie.
(c) Grandma Dee.
3. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
4. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
(a) They're prettier.
(b) Grandma Dee pieced them.
(c) They're handstitched & the others are machine-stitched.
(d) They're older.
5. Who hates the current Johnson house as well as the old Johnson house?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Grandma Dee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons does Ms. Johnson have?
2. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
3. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
4. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
5. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)