|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
(a) John Thomas.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
2. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
(a) Her other quilts are made of warmer fabrics.
(b) Her other quilts are newer.
(c) Her other quilts are prettier.
(d) Machine-stitched quilts will last longer than hand-stitched.
3. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
(a) An orchid.
(b) A sterling silver cross.
(c) A ruby brooch.
(d) A rose.
4. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) John Thomas.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
5. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
(c) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dee's male companion greet Ms. Johnson and Maggie?
2. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
3. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
4. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
5. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)