|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
(a) Blue jeans and a white blouse.
(b) A pink skirt and red blouse.
(c) A mini skirt.
2. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her first husband.
(b) He was her father.
(c) He was her grandfather.
(d) He was her uncle.
3. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
(a) Beyond the Civil War.
(b) To her great-grandmother.
(c) To the Civil War.
(d) To her grandmother.
4. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(a) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
(b) John Thomas.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
5. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of her old flannel nightgowns.
(b) Pieces of her old pillow cases.
(c) Pieces of her old aprons.
(d) Pieces of dresses Grandma Dee wore over 50 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
2. What kind of dress does Dee wear to her graduation?
3. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
4. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
5. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)