|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson offers Dee a quilt in the past, what is Dee's reaction?
(a) She wants to learn to quilt herself.
(b) She doesn't want it because it is old-fashioned.
(c) She loves the idea, takes the quilt and asks for more.
(d) She does't want it because it is too plain.
2. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
(a) The Lone Star and Walk Around the Mountain patterns.
(b) The Drunkard's Path and Lone Star patterns.
(c) The Southern Belle and Dutch Doll patterns.
(d) The Dutch Doll and Drunkard's path patterns.
3. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
(a) The Johnson house.
(b) Ms. Johnson.
4. What does Wangero feel on the benches when she runs her hands along them?
(a) Chips in the wood.
(c) Rump prints.
(d) The smooth surface of the varnished wood.
5. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
(a) Ms. Johnson's.
(d) John Thomas's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man who emerges from the car with Dee wear his hair?
2. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
3. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
4. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
5. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)