|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Ms. Johnson have?
2. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
3. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
(a) They can't afford chairs.
(b) Ms. Johnson finds chairs uncomfortable to sit on.
(c) Dee's father doesn't know how to make chairs.
(d) They don't like chairs.
4. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Grandma Dee.
5. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(a) A sob.
(b) A scream.
(c) A hearty laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dee's father?
2. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
3. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
4. How does Hakim-a-barber feel about the group of people to which Ms. Johnson asks if he belongs?
5. What is the first thing out of the car upon Dee's arrival that identifies Dee to Ms. Johnson?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)