|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn dasher?
(c) Old Henry.
(d) Big Bear.
2. Why does Dee change her name?
(a) She needs a more glamorous name to be an actress.
(b) Hakim-a-barber hates her real name.
(c) So she won't have a white oppressor name.
(d) She is hiding from the law.
3. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
(a) Neat looking as if God shaped them with a certain style.
(b) Perfectly pedicured.
(c) Big with hairy toes.
(d) Small and dainty.
4. How many rooms does the Johnsons' current house have?
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
2. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
3. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" always looks anyone in the eye because hesitation is not part of her nature?
5. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)