|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
(a) Muslim extremists in Augusta.
(b) A group of local artisans.
(c) Sheep farmers down the road.
(d) Her Muslim neighbors who raise cattle.
2. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
(a) It touches her calves.
(b) It touches the ground.
(c) It is a mini skirt.
(d) It reaches her knees.
3. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) A warm fire in her fireplace.
(b) Her fat.
(c) Woolen longjohns.
(d) Two warm quilts.
4. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
(a) Short and stocky with hair all over his head and chin.
(b) Short and thin with big glasses.
(c) Tall and fat.
(d) Tall and thin with a big mustache.
5. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
(a) Whether they are married.
(b) Whether Dee/Wangero is a Muslim now like Hakim-a-barber.
(c) Whether they have bought a house together.
(d) Whether Dee/Wangero is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
2. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
3. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
4. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
5. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)