|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Polaroids of the Johnson family reunion?
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
2. With what has Ms. Johnson primarily been concerned all her life?
(b) Sewing and quilting.
(d) Milking cows.
3. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A canteloupe.
(b) A piece of straw.
(c) A pea.
(d) An elephant's brain.
4. What does Ms. Johnson do in church when the spirit of God touches her?
(a) She gets happy and shouts.
(b) She prays aloud.
(c) She reads aloud from her Bible.
(d) She gives a sermon.
5. Who is Maggie's father?
(b) John Thomas.
(c) The story never reveals this fact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
2. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
3. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
4. What is Hakim-a-barber's religion?
5. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)