|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
2. From where does the wood that gives Ms. Johnson's dasher its color come?
(b) The woods behind Grandma Dee's house.
(d) A tree that grew in the yard where Big Dee and Stash lived.
3. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
(a) Whether they have bought a house together.
(b) Whether Dee/Wangero is a Muslim now like Hakim-a-barber.
(c) Whether they are married.
(d) Whether Dee/Wangero is pregnant.
4. How many rooms did the Johnsons' previous house have?
5. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
(a) She cheats on him.
(b) She isn't rich enough for him.
(c) She criticizes him too much.
(d) She isn't smart enough for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Dee change her name?
2. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
3. How many Johnson women are Dee?
4. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
5. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)