|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's tall and plump with a gray Afro.
(b) She's short and dark with glasses and white hair.
(c) She's thin with a light complexion and glistening hair.
(d) She's tall and dark with lots of jewels and furs.
2. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
(a) The front yard.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The living room.
3. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
(a) The man's ponytail.
(b) The man's mustache.
(c) The hair hanging from the man's chin.
(d) The man's braid.
4. How does the character who goes to school in Augusta try to share her knowledge with the rest of the family?
(a) She reads to them.
(b) She loans them her textbooks.
(c) She encourages them to enroll in college.
(d) She invites them to her school recitals.
5. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) John Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
2. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
3. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
4. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
5. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)