|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
(a) A spiritual energy like one she sometimes feels in church.
(b) A great joy.
(c) A great sorrow.
(d) A great anger.
2. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
(a) With an Arabic greeting.
(b) With a hug.
(c) With a hearty hello.
(d) With a kiss.
3. What does Ms. Johnson believe Maggie thinks her portion from God is?
(a) To prosper and live in abundance.
(b) To be loveless and alone.
(c) To suffer ill health.
(d) To do without while Wangero prospers.
4. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
(a) Sit in the yard enjoying themselves until bedtime.
(b) Start a new quilt.
(c) Eat dessert.
(d) Gossip about Wangero.
5. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(b) It is an ugly name.
(c) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(d) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson call Dee's companion in her thoughts?
2. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear to bed?
3. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
4. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
5. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)