|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of dresses Grandma Dee wore over 50 years ago.
(b) Pieces of her old aprons.
(c) Pieces of her old pillow cases.
(d) Pieces of her old flannel nightgowns.
2. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her father.
(b) He was her grandfather.
(c) He was her uncle.
(d) He was her first husband.
3. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
(a) She's lighter in complexion with nicer hair and a fuller figure.
(b) She's taller and fatter.
(c) She's more freckled and wears thicker glasses.
(d) She's shorter and has more warts.
4. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A pea.
(b) An elephant's brain.
(c) A piece of straw.
(d) A canteloupe.
5. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
(d) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes is Dee wearing for her reunion with her mother and sister?
2. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
3. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
4. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
5. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)