|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
(a) A cotton housedress.
(d) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
2. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
(a) Ms. Johnson, Wangero, and Grandma Dee.
(b) Everyone but Wangero.
(c) Maggie, Grandma Dee and Wangero.
(d) Maggie, Ms. Johnson, Wangero and Aunt Dicie.
3. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
(a) From her farm's well.
(b) From bottled water she buys at the store in town.
(c) From her faucet.
(d) By breaking ice.
4. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
5. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(b) Uncle Henry.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) Uncle Buddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
2. Whose hand closes over Grandma Dee's butter dish at dinner?
3. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
4. How does Hakim-a-barber feel about the group of people to which Ms. Johnson asks if he belongs?
5. To whom does Ms. Johnson promise to give the quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)