|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
(c) John Thomas's.
(d) Aunt Dicie's.
2. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
(a) Whether Dee/Wangero is pregnant.
(b) Whether they have bought a house together.
(c) Whether Dee/Wangero is a Muslim now like Hakim-a-barber.
(d) Whether they are married.
3. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
(a) To the Civil War.
(b) Beyond the Civil War.
(c) To her grandmother.
(d) To her great-grandmother.
4. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
(b) A quick tongue.
5. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A tall man with thick glasses.
(b) A short, fat man with dimples.
(c) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
(d) A handsome man with a mustache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
3. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
4. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
5. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)