|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
(a) The Drunkard's Path and Lone Star patterns.
(b) The Southern Belle and Dutch Doll patterns.
(c) The Lone Star and Walk Around the Mountain patterns.
(d) The Dutch Doll and Drunkard's path patterns.
2. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
(a) A great sorrow.
(b) A great anger.
(c) A great joy.
(d) A spiritual energy like one she sometimes feels in church.
3. Why does Dee change her name?
(a) She is hiding from the law.
(b) So she won't have a white oppressor name.
(c) She needs a more glamorous name to be an actress.
(d) Hakim-a-barber hates her real name.
4. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
(a) Move to Atlanta.
(b) Marry another woman.
(c) Enlist in the Army.
(d) Wreck his car.
5. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
(a) Termite holes.
(b) Sink marks from thumbs & fingers touching the wood.
(c) Scuff marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the butter churn dasher?
2. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
4. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)