|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
(a) Neat looking as if God shaped them with a certain style.
(b) Big with hairy toes.
(c) Small and dainty.
(d) Perfectly pedicured.
2. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Uncle Henry.
(b) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) Uncle Buddy.
3. On what occasion has Ms. Johnson offered Dee a quilt in the past?
(a) Dee's high school graduation.
(b) Dee's eighteenth birthday.
(c) When Dee left for college.
(d) The previous Christmas.
4. What kind of jewelry does Dee wear for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Pear earrings.
(b) A ruby pendant.
(c) A silver wristwatch.
(d) Gold earrings and bracelets.
5. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The living room.
(d) The dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
2. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
3. How much does Dee think Grandma Dee's quilts are worth?
4. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
5. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)