|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) Uncle Buddy.
(c) Uncle Henry.
(d) Great Grandpa Ezra.
2. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(b) It is an ugly name.
(c) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(d) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
3. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of his flannel shirts.
(b) Pieces of his woolen longjohns.
(c) Pieces of his Paisley shirts.
(d) Pieces of his overalls.
4. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the butter churn dasher?
(c) John Thomas.
5. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
(a) Big bay windows.
(b) Real glass windows.
(c) It's windowless.
(d) Holes cut in the sides with shutters held by rawhide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
2. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
3. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
4. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
5. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)