|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
(a) One of ire.
(c) A frown.
(d) A smile.
2. What is the nickname of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn dasher?
(a) Big Bear.
(b) Old Henry.
3. Who is Dee's father?
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) The story never reveals this fact.
(c) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(d) Uncle Buddy.
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
(a) John Thomas.
5. How does Dee respond when her mother asks her what happened to Dee?
(a) She says Hakim-a-barber hates the name Dee.
(b) She says Dee's dead.
(c) She says Dee is wanted by the IRS.
(d) She says Dee is wanted by the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
2. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
3. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
4. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
5. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)