|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A short, fat man with dimples.
(b) A tall man with thick glasses.
(c) A handsome man with a mustache.
(d) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
2. How much does Dee think Grandma Dee's quilts are worth?
(a) She doesn't think they're worth anything.
(b) She thinks they're worth a few dozen dollars.
(c) She thinks they're worth a few hundred dollars.
(d) She thinks they're priceless.
3. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
(a) The television set comes on.
(b) Maggie's breathing.
(c) Maggies footsteps.
(d) The radio comes on.
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) A sycamore tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) An elm tree.
5. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her second husband.
(b) He was her brother.
(c) He was her grandfather.
(d) He was her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
2. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
3. Who puts on a pair of sunglasses at the end of "Everyday Use"?
4. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
5. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)