|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Johnson family member possesses the most self confidence?
(c) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
2. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
(a) John Thomas.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) Great Grandpa Ezra.
3. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
(a) The ones on Ms. Johnson's bed.
(b) Two on Maggie's bed that need washing.
(c) The hand-stitched ones Grandma Dee pieced.
(d) One or two of the machine-stitched ones.
4. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Raelene Jordan.
(b) Kenisha Jackson.
(c) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
(d) Ariella Candace Jones.
5. How does Dee respond when her mother asks her what happened to Dee?
(a) She says Dee is wanted by the IRS.
(b) She says Dee is wanted by the police.
(c) She says Hakim-a-barber hates the name Dee.
(d) She says Dee's dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
2. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
3. Whose hand closes over Grandma Dee's butter dish at dinner?
4. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
5. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)