|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
(a) Sheep farmers down the road.
(b) Her Muslim neighbors who raise cattle.
(c) Muslim extremists in Augusta.
(d) A group of local artisans.
2. What color is Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
(b) Light yellow.
(c) Dark brown.
3. Who puts on a pair of sunglasses at the end of "Everyday Use"?
(c) Ms. Johnson.
4. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
5. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" delights in the chitlins and corn bread, greens and sweet potatoes Ms. Johnson serves for dinner during Dee's visit?
3. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
4. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
5. What kind of jobs has Ms. Johnson always done well?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)