|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A handsome man with a mustache.
(b) A short, fat man with dimples.
(c) A tall man with thick glasses.
(d) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
2. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
(a) A rat.
(b) A hog.
(c) A bull calf.
(d) A wolf.
3. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
(b) She will never be able to afford college.
(c) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
(d) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
4. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The dining room.
5. Who makes the sounds in the kitchen?
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Grandma Dee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
2. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
3. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
4. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
5. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)