|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dee think the quilts will become rags in five years?
(a) Maggie's children will tear them.
(b) Maggie will use them and wear them out.
(c) Exposing them to air after storage in the trunk will ruin them.
(d) They're old and fragile.
2. Who puts on a pair of sunglasses at the end of "Everyday Use"?
(c) Ms. Johnson.
3. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
4. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
(a) New York City.
(b) Rural Georgia, near Augusta.
(d) Rural Ohio.
5. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
(a) It has more land with it.
(b) It is larger.
(c) It has a tin roof instead of a shingle roof.
(d) It is smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps trying to shake Maggie's hand at the reunion?
2. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
3. What is the first thing out of the car upon Dee's arrival that identifies Dee to Ms. Johnson?
4. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
5. What does Dee want to match a green suit she makes from an old suit someone gives her mother?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)