|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
(a) Maggie could make herself some new quilts.
(b) Ms. Johnson could buy new quilts for Maggie.
(c) Ms. Johnson could knit Maggie some blankets.
(d) Maggie could buy new quilts.
2. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
(a) Sit in the yard enjoying themselves until bedtime.
(b) Start a new quilt.
(c) Gossip about Wangero.
(d) Eat dessert.
3. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
(a) To her great-grandmother.
(b) To her grandmother.
(c) To the Civil War.
(d) Beyond the Civil War.
4. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
(b) She has shaved her head.
(c) A short Afro.
(d) Two long pigtails roped around her ears.
5. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of his Paisley shirts.
(b) Pieces of his overalls.
(c) Pieces of his woolen longjohns.
(d) Pieces of his flannel shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
2. What kind of jobs has Ms. Johnson always done well?
3. What does Ms. Johnson believe Maggie thinks her portion from God is?
4. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)