|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
(a) A pink skirt and red blouse.
(b) A mini skirt.
(c) Blue jeans and a white blouse.
2. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
(a) Her other quilts are newer.
(b) Her other quilts are prettier.
(c) Machine-stitched quilts will last longer than hand-stitched.
(d) Her other quilts are made of warmer fabrics.
3. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The living room.
4. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Black and white plaid.
(d) Orange and yellow.
5. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
(a) John Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fills her bottom lip with checkerberry snuff at the end of "Everyday Use?"
2. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
3. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
4. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
5. How many rooms did the Johnsons' previous house have?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)