|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
(a) She thinks he's a Musllim preacher.
(b) She thinks he's a lawyer.
(c) She thinks he's a barber.
(d) She thinks he's a college professor.
2. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
(a) The story does not reveal this information.
(b) He is a college professor.
(c) He is a physician.
(d) He is a politician.
3. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Uncle Buddy.
(b) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(c) Uncle Henry.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
4. How many rooms does the Johnsons' current house have?
5. From where does the wood that gives Ms. Johnson's dasher its color come?
(b) The woods behind Grandma Dee's house.
(c) A tree that grew in the yard where Big Dee and Stash lived.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
2. Why does Dee think the quilts will become rags in five years?
3. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
4. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
5. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)