|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
(a) Her old baby clothes.
(b) Embroidered pillow cases.
(c) Two quilts pieced by Grandma Dee.
(d) Old family photos.
2. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
(a) A spiritual energy like one she sometimes feels in church.
(b) A great joy.
(c) A great anger.
(d) A great sorrow.
3. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the butter churn dasher?
(a) John Thomas.
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(a) Big Dee.
(b) Her daughter, Maggie.
(c) Grandma Dee.
5. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
(a) She keeps trying to pull her limp, sweating hand back.
(b) She screams.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She shakes hands heartily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
2. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
3. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
4. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
5. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)