|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
(a) Rich, dark brown earth.
(b) Hard clay.
(c) Red earth.
(d) Dry, dusty soil.
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Grandma Dee.
3. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A short, fat man with dimples.
(b) A tall man with thick glasses.
(c) A handsome man with a mustache.
(d) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
(b) Grandma Dee.
5. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Grandma Dee.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
2. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
3. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
4. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
5. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)