|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" always walks with her eyes on the ground and her chin on her chest?
(b) Uncle Buddy.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
2. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
(a) From bottled water she buys at the store in town.
(b) From her farm's well.
(c) By breaking ice.
(d) From her faucet.
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
(c) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Grandma Dee.
4. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
(a) The living room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
(a) Sing church songs.
(b) Plant corn.
(c) Raise flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
2. How many rooms did the Johnsons' previous house have?
3. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
4. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
5. How many sons does Ms. Johnson have?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)