|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
(a) Maggie could buy new quilts.
(b) Ms. Johnson could buy new quilts for Maggie.
(c) Maggie could make herself some new quilts.
(d) Ms. Johnson could knit Maggie some blankets.
2. What does Ms. Johnson ask Maggie to bring her at the end of the story?
(a) Another plate of dinner.
(b) A needle and thread to begin another quilt.
(c) A quilt from the trunk.
(d) A dip of snuff.
3. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
(a) She's a slave.
(b) She's rich.
(c) She's middle class.
(d) She's poor.
4. In what is the Johnson home located?
(a) A former Civil War battlefield.
(b) A former Revolutionary War battlefield.
(c) A pasture.
(d) A big Augusta, Georgia subdivision.
5. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
(a) A short Afro.
(c) She has shaved her head.
(d) Two long pigtails roped around her ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
2. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
3. Who does Maggie marry?
4. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
5. Who is Dee's father?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)