|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes is Dee wearing for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Go go boots.
(c) High heels.
2. From where does the wood that gives Ms. Johnson's dasher its color come?
(a) The woods behind Grandma Dee's house.
(c) A tree that grew in the yard where Big Dee and Stash lived.
3. What does Ms. Johnson do in church when the spirit of God touches her?
(a) She reads aloud from her Bible.
(b) She gives a sermon.
(c) She gets happy and shouts.
(d) She prays aloud.
4. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
(a) Ms. Johnson doesn't have to use it if she doesn't want to.
(b) Ms. Johnson should practice saying it until she gets it right.
(c) Ms. Johnson could prounounce it if she were smarter.
(d) Ms. Johnson can used the shortened version Wang.
5. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
(a) She shakes hands heartily.
(b) She keeps trying to pull her limp, sweating hand back.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
2. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
3. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
5. What is Ms. Johnson's religion?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)