|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" always looks anyone in the eye because hesitation is not part of her nature?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
2. With what has Ms. Johnson primarily been concerned all her life?
(c) Milking cows.
(d) Sewing and quilting.
3. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
(a) Children who have made it are surprised by their parents.
(b) Unsuccessful children greet their unhappy parents.
(c) The children thank the parents for helping them succeed.
(d) The children and parents embrace and smile and cry.
4. When their school closes after the second grade, why don't the local Blacks protest?
(a) There is little community support for reopening it.
(b) In 1927 they ask fewer questions than they do now.
(c) Their children are needed on the farm instead of in school.
(d) They fear violent repercussions.
5. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
(a) The living room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
2. Who does Maggie marry?
3. What kind of shoes is Dee wearing for her reunion with her mother and sister?
4. Who makes the sounds in the kitchen?
5. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)