|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(b) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
(c) Dee's terror.
(d) The firemen working to put out the flames.
2. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
(a) To her great-grandmother.
(b) Beyond the Civil War.
(c) To the Civil War.
(d) To her grandmother.
3. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her brother.
(b) He was her second husband.
(c) He was her father.
(d) He was her grandfather.
4. How does the character who goes to school in Augusta try to share her knowledge with the rest of the family?
(a) She loans them her textbooks.
(b) She invites them to her school recitals.
(c) She reads to them.
(d) She encourages them to enroll in college.
5. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what has Ms. Johnson primarily been concerned all her life?
2. After whom does Ms. Johnson name Dee?
3. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
4. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
5. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)