|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(b) Her daughter, Maggie.
(d) Big Dee.
2. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
(a) One or two other quilts in her collection.
(b) Her mother's wedding dress.
(c) The butter churn dasher and top.
(d) Grandma Dee's butter dish.
3. From where does the wood that gives Ms. Johnson's dasher its color come?
(b) A tree that grew in the yard where Big Dee and Stash lived.
(d) The woods behind Grandma Dee's house.
4. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
(d) John Thomas.
5. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
2. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
3. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
4. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
5. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)