|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn dasher?
(a) Old Henry.
(c) Big Bear.
2. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
(a) It reaches her knees.
(b) It touches her calves.
(c) It touches the ground.
(d) It is a mini skirt.
3. What does Ms. Johnson ask Maggie to bring her at the end of the story?
(a) Another plate of dinner.
(b) A quilt from the trunk.
(c) A dip of snuff.
(d) A needle and thread to begin another quilt.
4. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Uncle Buddy.
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(d) Uncle Henry.
5. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(a) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(c) John Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
2. What is Ms. Johnson's religion?
3. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
4. How does the character who goes to school in Augusta try to share her knowledge with the rest of the family?
5. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)