|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
(a) Use them as curtains.
(b) Donate them to a museum.
(c) Use them on her beds.
(d) Hang them as art on her walls.
2. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Black and white plaid.
(c) Orange and yellow.
3. Why does Dee think the quilts will become rags in five years?
(a) Maggie will use them and wear them out.
(b) Maggie's children will tear them.
(c) Exposing them to air after storage in the trunk will ruin them.
(d) They're old and fragile.
4. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
5. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(b) Dee's father.
(c) Uncle Buddy.
(d) Dee's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ms. Johnson's marital state?
2. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
3. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
4. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
5. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)