|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
(a) John Thomas.
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
(d) Grandma Dee.
3. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(b) The firemen working to put out the flames.
(c) Dee's terror.
(d) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
4. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) She will donate it to a museum.
(b) She will use it as a flower vase.
(c) She will churn butter in it.
(d) Something artistic that she hasn't yet determined.
5. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Two warm quilts.
(b) Her fat.
(c) Woolen longjohns.
(d) A warm fire in her fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
2. After whom does Ms. Johnson name Dee?
3. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
4. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
5. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)