|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
(a) Ms. Johnson can used the shortened version Wang.
(b) Ms. Johnson should practice saying it until she gets it right.
(c) Ms. Johnson doesn't have to use it if she doesn't want to.
(d) Ms. Johnson could prounounce it if she were smarter.
2. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
(a) Mulched it.
(b) Cleaned and swept it like a floor.
(c) Mowed it.
(d) Planted flowers in it.
3. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
(d) John Thomas.
4. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
(b) She's skinny and short.
(c) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
(d) She's white-haired and petite.
5. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
(a) A great anger.
(b) A spiritual energy like one she sometimes feels in church.
(c) A great joy.
(d) A great sorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
2. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
5. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)