|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
(d) John Thomas.
2. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
(b) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(c) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(d) It is an ugly name.
3. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
(a) Ms. Johnson can used the shortened version Wang.
(b) Ms. Johnson doesn't have to use it if she doesn't want to.
(c) Ms. Johnson should practice saying it until she gets it right.
(d) Ms. Johnson could prounounce it if she were smarter.
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(b) Big Dee.
(d) Her daughter, Maggie.
5. On what occasion has Ms. Johnson offered Dee a quilt in the past?
(a) When Dee left for college.
(b) Dee's eighteenth birthday.
(c) Dee's high school graduation.
(d) The previous Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
2. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
3. How does Dee's male companion greet Ms. Johnson and Maggie?
4. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
5. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)