|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Johnson women are Dee?
2. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
(a) To her grandmother.
(b) To her great-grandmother.
(c) To the Civil War.
(d) Beyond the Civil War.
3. Who makes the sounds in the kitchen?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Grandma Dee.
4. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
(a) The man's ponytail.
(b) The man's braid.
(c) The hair hanging from the man's chin.
(d) The man's mustache.
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
2. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
3. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
5. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)