|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
(a) They can't afford chairs.
(b) They don't like chairs.
(c) Ms. Johnson finds chairs uncomfortable to sit on.
(d) Dee's father doesn't know how to make chairs.
2. How many sons does Ms. Johnson have?
3. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
(a) Sink marks from thumbs & fingers touching the wood.
(c) Termite holes.
(d) Scuff marks.
4. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
(a) Black men.
(b) White men.
(c) White women.
(d) People with college degrees.
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
(b) Grandma Dee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
2. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
3. To whom does Ms. Johnson promise to give the quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
4. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
5. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)