|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dee change her name?
(a) She needs a more glamorous name to be an actress.
(b) So she won't have a white oppressor name.
(c) She is hiding from the law.
(d) Hakim-a-barber hates her real name.
2. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
(a) She gets hooked in the side by a cow.
(b) She is in a car wreck.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She contracts polio.
3. How much does Dee think Grandma Dee's quilts are worth?
(a) She thinks they're worth a few hundred dollars.
(b) She doesn't think they're worth anything.
(c) She thinks they're worth a few dozen dollars.
(d) She thinks they're priceless.
4. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
(a) Her other quilts are newer.
(b) Machine-stitched quilts will last longer than hand-stitched.
(c) Her other quilts are prettier.
(d) Her other quilts are made of warmer fabrics.
5. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) Dee's terror.
(b) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(c) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
(d) The firemen working to put out the flames.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
2. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
3. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
4. How many children does Ms. Johnson have?
5. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)