|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
2. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her grandfather.
(b) He was her uncle.
(c) He was her first husband.
(d) He was her father.
3. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Black and white plaid.
(c) Orange and yellow.
4. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
(a) Two on Maggie's bed that need washing.
(b) One or two of the machine-stitched ones.
(c) The hand-stitched ones Grandma Dee pieced.
(d) The ones on Ms. Johnson's bed.
5. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
(a) From her farm's well.
(b) From bottled water she buys at the store in town.
(c) From her faucet.
(d) By breaking ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dee change her name?
2. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
3. Which of the following is not in a Polaroid of the Johnson family reunion?
4. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
5. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)