|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
(a) She contracts polio.
(b) She gets hooked in the side by a cow.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She is in a car wreck.
2. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) Uncle Buddy.
(c) Uncle Henry.
(d) Great Grandpa Ezra.
3. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
(a) Ms. Johnson doesn't have to use it if she doesn't want to.
(b) Ms. Johnson should practice saying it until she gets it right.
(c) Ms. Johnson could prounounce it if she were smarter.
(d) Ms. Johnson can used the shortened version Wang.
4. What kind of jewelry does Dee wear for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Gold earrings and bracelets.
(b) A ruby pendant.
(c) Pear earrings.
(d) A silver wristwatch.
5. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
(a) Black men.
(b) White men.
(c) People with college degrees.
(d) White women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson call Dee's companion in her thoughts?
2. To what does Dee change her name?
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
4. With what has Ms. Johnson primarily been concerned all her life?
5. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)