|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
(a) John Thomas's.
(d) Ms. Johnson's.
2. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) She will never be able to afford college.
(b) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
(c) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
(d) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
3. Why does Dee think the quilts will become rags in five years?
(a) Maggie will use them and wear them out.
(b) They're old and fragile.
(c) Exposing them to air after storage in the trunk will ruin them.
(d) Maggie's children will tear them.
4. How many children does Ms. Johnson have?
5. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
(a) Two quilts pieced by Grandma Dee.
(b) Her old baby clothes.
(c) Embroidered pillow cases.
(d) Old family photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
2. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
3. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
4. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
5. When their school closes after the second grade, why don't the local Blacks protest?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)