|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not in a Polaroid of the Johnson family reunion?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) A cow.
2. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
(a) It is smaller.
(b) It has more land with it.
(c) It is larger.
(d) It has a tin roof instead of a shingle roof.
3. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
(b) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
(c) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
(d) She will never be able to afford college.
4. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) The entire Johnson family.
(b) The Johnson sisters.
(c) African Americans.
(d) Herself and her mother.
5. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Her fat.
(b) A warm fire in her fireplace.
(c) Woolen longjohns.
(d) Two warm quilts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dee's father?
2. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
3. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
4. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
5. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)