|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her pastor.
(d) Her college professors.
2. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) Hang it on her wall.
(b) Make it the centerpiece for her alcove table.
(c) Make butter in it.
(d) Use it as a flower vase.
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(a) Her daughter, Maggie.
(b) Grandma Dee.
(d) Big Dee.
4. Who is Dee's father?
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) Uncle Buddy.
(c) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(d) The story never reveals this fact.
5. From where does the wood that gives Ms. Johnson's dasher its color come?
(b) A tree that grew in the yard where Big Dee and Stash lived.
(c) The woods behind Grandma Dee's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
2. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
3. Who makes the sounds in the kitchen?
4. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
5. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)