|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
(a) Gossip about Wangero.
(b) Start a new quilt.
(c) Eat dessert.
(d) Sit in the yard enjoying themselves until bedtime.
2. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
(a) Big bay windows.
(b) It's windowless.
(c) Holes cut in the sides with shutters held by rawhide.
(d) Real glass windows.
3. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
(a) Ms. Johnson's.
(c) John Thomas's.
4. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Her fat.
(b) A warm fire in her fireplace.
(c) Woolen longjohns.
(d) Two warm quilts.
5. What is Ms. Johnson's marital state?
(a) The story never reveals this fact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
2. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
3. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
4. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
5. Who hates the current Johnson house as well as the old Johnson house?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)