|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
(a) With a hearty hello.
(b) With an Arabic greeting.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) With a hug.
2. How does the man who emerges from the car with Dee wear his hair?
(a) He shaves his head.
(b) In cornrows.
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," who does Ms. Johnson say will regard Dee with a mixture of envy and awe?
(b) Grandma Dee.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Grandpa Ezra.
4. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
(a) She's poor.
(b) She's a slave.
(c) She's rich.
(d) She's middle class.
5. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
(a) A piece of his old red flannel shirt.
(b) A piece of his christening gown.
(c) A piece of his Civil War uniform.
(d) A piece of his wedding pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
2. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
4. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
5. What does Ms. Johnson do in church when the spirit of God touches her?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)