|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
2. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
(a) A cotton housedress.
(b) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
3. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
(a) Plant corn.
(c) Sing church songs.
(d) Raise flowers.
4. Who stands under a gum tree and observes from a safe distance while tragedy strikes the old Johnson house a decade earlier?
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
5. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
(a) Ms. Johnson doesn't have to use it if she doesn't want to.
(b) Ms. Johnson can used the shortened version Wang.
(c) Ms. Johnson should practice saying it until she gets it right.
(d) Ms. Johnson could prounounce it if she were smarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes is Dee wearing for her reunion with her mother and sister?
2. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
3. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
4. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)