|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
2. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
(a) With an Arabic greeting.
(b) With a hug.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) With a hearty hello.
3. What does Dee want to match a green suit she makes from an old suit someone gives her mother?
(a) A pair of earrings.
(b) A green blouse.
(c) Black pumps.
(d) A hair barrette.
4. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear to bed?
(a) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
(b) Men's pajamas.
(c) Flannel nightgowns.
5. Which Johnson family member possesses the most self confidence?
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
2. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
3. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
4. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
5. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)