|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson call Dee's companion in her thoughts?
(c) The barber.
(d) The Muslim.
2. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
(a) It is larger.
(b) It has a tin roof instead of a shingle roof.
(c) It has more land with it.
(d) It is smaller.
3. Who hates the current Johnson house as well as the old Johnson house?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
(b) Grandma Dee.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
4. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
5. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
(a) Planted flowers in it.
(b) Mowed it.
(c) Mulched it.
(d) Cleaned and swept it like a floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
2. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
3. Who takes Polaroids of the Johnson family reunion?
4. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)