|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson ask Maggie to bring her at the end of the story?
(a) A quilt from the trunk.
(b) A dip of snuff.
(c) Another plate of dinner.
(d) A needle and thread to begin another quilt.
2. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
(a) John Thomas.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
3. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
(a) That Dee adored Maggie.
(b) That Dee considered Maggie an embarrassment.
(c) That Dee was jealous of Maggie.
(d) That Dee hated Maggie.
4. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
(a) John Thomas's.
(b) Aunt Dicie's.
5. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
(b) The Johnson house.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
2. When their school closes after the second grade, why don't the local Blacks protest?
3. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
4. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
5. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)