|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters are mentioned in "Everyday Use" but do not actually appear on stage?
(a) Grandma Dee, Aunt Dicie, and Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) Hakim-a-barber and Wangero.
(c) Great Grandpa Ezra, John Thomas, and Hakim-a-barber.
(d) Maggie and John Thomas.
2. Whose name is twice as long and three times as hard as Wangero's in Ms. Johnson's opinion?
(a) Dee's male companion.
(b) Dee's pastor.
(c) Dee's college roommate.
(d) Dee's college professor.
3. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
(b) She will never be able to afford college.
(c) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
(d) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
4. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) With a hearty hello.
(c) With an Arabic greeting.
(d) With a hug.
5. What does Ms. Johnson believe Maggie thinks her portion from God is?
(a) To be loveless and alone.
(b) To prosper and live in abundance.
(c) To suffer ill health.
(d) To do without while Wangero prospers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
2. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
3. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
4. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
5. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)