|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her second husband.
(b) He was her father.
(c) He was her grandfather.
(d) He was her brother.
2. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
(a) Something falling and the slam of the kitchen door.
(b) Glass breaking and someone cursing.
(c) A door slamming and someone weeping.
(d) Pots and pans banging in the kitchen.
3. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) A warm fire in her fireplace.
(b) Woolen longjohns.
(c) Two warm quilts.
(d) Her fat.
4. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
5. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
(a) That Dee considered Maggie an embarrassment.
(b) That Dee adored Maggie.
(c) That Dee was jealous of Maggie.
(d) That Dee hated Maggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wangero feel on the benches when she runs her hands along them?
2. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
3. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
4. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear to bed?
5. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)