|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Ms. Johnson promise to give the quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
(d) Aunt Dicie.
2. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
3. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
(a) A great aunt.
(b) Ms. Johnson's mother-in-law.
(c) A first cousin.
(d) Grandma Dee and her mother, Great Grandma Dee.
4. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
(b) She's skinny and short.
(c) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
(d) She's white-haired and petite.
5. Whose hand closes over Grandma Dee's butter dish at dinner?
(c) Ms. Johnson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
2. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
3. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
4. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
5. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)