|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A pea.
(b) An elephant's brain.
(c) A canteloupe.
(d) A piece of straw.
2. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(a) A sob.
(c) A hearty laugh.
(d) A scream.
3. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
(a) White women.
(b) Black men.
(c) White men.
(d) People with college degrees.
4. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
(a) With a hearty hello.
(b) With an Arabic greeting.
(c) With a hug.
(d) With a kiss.
5. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
(a) The ones on Ms. Johnson's bed.
(b) Two on Maggie's bed that need washing.
(c) One or two of the machine-stitched ones.
(d) The hand-stitched ones Grandma Dee pieced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
2. Who does Maggie marry?
3. What kind of dress does Dee wear to her graduation?
4. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
5. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)