|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
(a) A great sorrow.
(b) A great anger.
(c) A great joy.
(d) A spiritual energy like one she sometimes feels in church.
2. What color is Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
(a) Light yellow.
(d) Dark brown.
3. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear to bed?
(a) Flannel nightgowns.
(c) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
(d) Men's pajamas.
4. Why does Dee think the quilts will become rags in five years?
(a) Maggie's children will tear them.
(b) They're old and fragile.
(c) Exposing them to air after storage in the trunk will ruin them.
(d) Maggie will use them and wear them out.
5. Who puts on a pair of sunglasses at the end of "Everyday Use"?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters are mentioned in "Everyday Use" but do not actually appear on stage?
2. What is the first thing out of the car upon Dee's arrival that identifies Dee to Ms. Johnson?
3. Which member of the Johnson family always criticizes the others?
4. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
5. Who does Maggie marry?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)