|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
(a) An orchid.
(b) A ruby brooch.
(c) A rose.
(d) A sterling silver cross.
2. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
(a) John Thomas.
(b) Johnny Carson.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
3. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
(a) A mini skirt.
(c) Blue jeans and a white blouse.
(d) A pink skirt and red blouse.
4. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) The firemen working to put out the flames.
(b) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(c) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
(d) Dee's terror.
5. What is Hakim-a-barber's religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hakim-a-barber feel about the group of people to which Ms. Johnson asks if he belongs?
2. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
3. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
4. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
5. On what occasion has Ms. Johnson offered Dee a quilt in the past?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)