|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
(a) Aunt Dicie's.
(d) John Thomas's.
2. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
(a) The radio comes on.
(b) Maggies footsteps.
(c) Maggie's breathing.
(d) The television set comes on.
3. What is Dee's relationship to Maggie?
(a) They're friends.
(b) They're neighbors.
(c) They're sisters.
(d) They're cousins.
4. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
(a) She screams.
(b) She shakes hands heartily.
(c) She keeps trying to pull her limp, sweating hand back.
(d) She runs away.
5. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
(a) A style of her own.
(b) A great singing voice.
(c) A great speaking voice.
(d) Artistic talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
2. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
3. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
4. Who is Dee's father?
5. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)