|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
(d) Aunt Dicie.
2. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
(a) Scuff marks.
(c) Sink marks from thumbs & fingers touching the wood.
(d) Termite holes.
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
(d) Grandma Dee.
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
(a) A sycamore tree.
(b) A maple tree.
(c) An elm tree.
(d) A pine tree.
5. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
(a) John Thomas's.
(d) Ms. Johnson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie marry?
2. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
3. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
4. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
5. What color is Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)