|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's skinny and short.
(b) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
(c) She's white-haired and petite.
(d) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
2. Whose hand closes over Grandma Dee's butter dish at dinner?
(b) Ms. Johnson's.
3. After whom does Ms. Johnson name Dee?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A cousin.
(c) An old neighbor.
(d) Aunt Dicie, Ms. Johnson's sister and Dee's aunt.
4. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) A maple tree.
(c) A sycamore tree.
(d) An elm tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes is Dee wearing for her reunion with her mother and sister?
2. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
3. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
4. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
5. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)