|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps trying to shake Maggie's hand at the reunion?
(a) John Thomas.
(b) Ms. Johnson.
2. How much does Dee think Grandma Dee's quilts are worth?
(a) She doesn't think they're worth anything.
(b) She thinks they're priceless.
(c) She thinks they're worth a few dozen dollars.
(d) She thinks they're worth a few hundred dollars.
3. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
(d) John Thomas.
4. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) The Johnson sisters.
(b) African Americans.
(c) The entire Johnson family.
(d) Herself and her mother.
5. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
3. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
4. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
5. Which Johnson family member possesses the most self confidence?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)