|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
2. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of her old pillow cases.
(b) Pieces of dresses Grandma Dee wore over 50 years ago.
(c) Pieces of her old aprons.
(d) Pieces of her old flannel nightgowns.
3. What is the nickname of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn dasher?
(a) Big Bear.
(d) Old Henry.
4. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(a) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
(b) John Thomas.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
5. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
(a) Buy more stylish clothing.
(b) Try to make something of herself.
(c) Give up the hand-stitched quilts.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Johnson women are Dee?
2. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
3. What does Ms. Johnson call Dee's companion in her thoughts?
4. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
5. How does Dee respond when her mother asks her what happened to Dee?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)