|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(a) Uncle Buddy.
(b) Dee's brother.
(c) Dee's father.
2. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
(a) Rural Georgia, near Augusta.
(b) New York City.
(c) Rural Ohio.
3. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
(a) He is a politician.
(b) The story does not reveal this information.
(c) He is a college professor.
(d) He is a physician.
4. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(a) A scream.
(c) A sob.
(d) A hearty laugh.
5. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
(a) The Lone Star and Walk Around the Mountain patterns.
(b) The Dutch Doll and Drunkard's path patterns.
(c) The Southern Belle and Dutch Doll patterns.
(d) The Drunkard's Path and Lone Star patterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the butter churn dasher?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
3. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
4. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
5. What does Wangero feel on the benches when she runs her hands along them?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)