|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
(a) A piece of his christening gown.
(b) A piece of his Civil War uniform.
(c) A piece of his old red flannel shirt.
(d) A piece of his wedding pants.
2. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Johnny Carson.
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
(a) John Thomas.
4. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The dining room.
5. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Grandma Dee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
2. Which of the following characters are mentioned in "Everyday Use" but do not actually appear on stage?
3. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
4. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
5. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)