|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
(a) Ms. Johnson's mother-in-law.
(b) A first cousin.
(c) A great aunt.
(d) Grandma Dee and her mother, Great Grandma Dee.
2. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
(a) Maggie, Ms. Johnson, Wangero and Aunt Dicie.
(b) Everyone but Wangero.
(c) Maggie, Grandma Dee and Wangero.
(d) Ms. Johnson, Wangero, and Grandma Dee.
3. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her college professors.
(d) Her pastor.
4. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
(a) By breaking ice.
(b) From her faucet.
(c) From bottled water she buys at the store in town.
(d) From her farm's well.
5. Who is Dee's father?
(a) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Uncle Buddy.
(d) The story never reveals this fact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
2. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
3. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
4. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
5. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)