|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
(c) Ms. Johnson.
(d) John Thomas.
2. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
(a) John Thomas's.
(c) Aunt Dicie's.
3. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
(a) Maggie's wedding to John Thomas.
(b) Maggie's birthday.
4. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
(b) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
(c) She will never be able to afford college.
(d) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
5. When boys and girls hang around Dee in her youth, what does she do to entertain them?
(a) She plays records for them.
(b) She plays hopskotch with them.
(c) She sings to them.
(d) She reads to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
2. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
3. How does Dee's male companion greet Ms. Johnson and Maggie?
4. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)