|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Grandma Dee.
2. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(a) A hearty laugh.
(b) A scream.
(d) A sob.
3. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) She will use it as a flower vase.
(b) Something artistic that she hasn't yet determined.
(c) She will donate it to a museum.
(d) She will churn butter in it.
4. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
(a) He is a politician.
(b) The story does not reveal this information.
(c) He is a college professor.
(d) He is a physician.
5. How does Dee respond when her mother asks her what happened to Dee?
(a) She says Dee is wanted by the IRS.
(b) She says Hakim-a-barber hates the name Dee.
(c) She says Dee is wanted by the police.
(d) She says Dee's dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
2. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
3. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
4. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
5. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)