|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(a) Big Dee.
(b) Her daughter, Maggie.
(c) Grandma Dee.
2. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
(c) A cotton housedress.
(d) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
3. What kind of dress does Dee wear to her graduation?
(a) Red silk.
(b) Blue gingham.
(c) Yellow organdy.
(d) Purple and white paisley.
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" always walks with her eyes on the ground and her chin on her chest?
(c) Uncle Buddy.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
5. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
(a) A tornado devastates it.
(b) The bank repossesses it.
(c) It burns to the ground.
(d) Termites and rats infest it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
2. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
3. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
4. To what does Dee change her name?
5. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)