|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After whom does Ms. Johnson name Dee?
(a) A cousin.
(b) An old neighbor.
(c) A good friend.
(d) Aunt Dicie, Ms. Johnson's sister and Dee's aunt.
2. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
(a) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
(b) A cotton housedress.
3. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
(c) The Johnson house.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
4. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A tall man with thick glasses.
(b) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
(c) A short, fat man with dimples.
(d) A handsome man with a mustache.
5. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) Dee's terror.
(b) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
(c) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(d) The firemen working to put out the flames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
2. Who is Maggie's father?
3. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
5. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)