|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hates the current Johnson house as well as the old Johnson house?
(b) Grandma Dee.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
2. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(b) Black and white plaid.
(c) Orange and yellow.
3. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
(a) She's a slave.
(b) She's rich.
(c) She's middle class.
(d) She's poor.
4. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
(a) Start a new quilt.
(b) Sit in the yard enjoying themselves until bedtime.
(c) Gossip about Wangero.
(d) Eat dessert.
5. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
(a) Rich, dark brown earth.
(b) Dry, dusty soil.
(c) Hard clay.
(d) Red earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson ask Maggie to bring her at the end of the story?
2. Who makes the sounds in the kitchen?
3. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
4. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
5. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)