|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ms. Johnson's marital state?
(b) The story never reveals this fact.
2. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(a) John Thomas.
(b) Ms. Johnson.
3. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) Herself and her mother.
(b) The entire Johnson family.
(c) African Americans.
(d) The Johnson sisters.
4. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(a) A sob.
(b) A hearty laugh.
(d) A scream.
5. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
(a) They're handstitched & the others are machine-stitched.
(b) Grandma Dee pieced them.
(c) They're older.
(d) They're prettier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ms. Johnson's religion?
2. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" always looks anyone in the eye because hesitation is not part of her nature?
4. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
5. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)