|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," who does Ms. Johnson say will regard Dee with a mixture of envy and awe?
(b) Grandpa Ezra.
(c) Grandma Dee.
(d) John Thomas.
2. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
(a) Ms. Johnson can used the shortened version Wang.
(b) Ms. Johnson should practice saying it until she gets it right.
(c) Ms. Johnson doesn't have to use it if she doesn't want to.
(d) Ms. Johnson could prounounce it if she were smarter.
3. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Kenisha Jackson.
(b) Ariella Candace Jones.
(c) Raelene Jordan.
(d) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
4. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Two warm quilts.
(b) Her fat.
(c) A warm fire in her fireplace.
(d) Woolen longjohns.
5. How many Johnson women are Dee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
2. How does the man who emerges from the car with Dee wear his hair?
3. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
4. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
5. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)