|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
(a) She shakes hands heartily.
(b) She keeps trying to pull her limp, sweating hand back.
(c) She screams.
(d) She runs away.
2. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
(a) Ms. Johnson, Wangero, and Grandma Dee.
(b) Everyone but Wangero.
(c) Maggie, Grandma Dee and Wangero.
(d) Maggie, Ms. Johnson, Wangero and Aunt Dicie.
3. What is Ms. Johnson's religion?
4. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
(a) A frown.
(b) A smile.
(c) One of ire.
5. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
(a) A mini skirt.
(c) A pink skirt and red blouse.
(d) Blue jeans and a white blouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fills her bottom lip with checkerberry snuff at the end of "Everyday Use?"
2. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
3. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
4. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
5. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)