|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's white-haired and petite.
(b) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
(c) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
(d) She's skinny and short.
2. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
(a) One of ire.
(b) A frown.
(c) A smile.
3. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
(b) John Thomas's.
(d) Aunt Dicie's.
4. How does Dee respond when her mother asks her what happened to Dee?
(a) She says Dee's dead.
(b) She says Dee is wanted by the IRS.
(c) She says Dee is wanted by the police.
(d) She says Hakim-a-barber hates the name Dee.
5. What kind of jobs has Ms. Johnson always done well?
(a) Nursing jobs.
(b) Housekeeping or maid jobs.
(c) Man's farm work like butchering and milking.
(d) Clerical jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
2. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
3. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
4. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)