|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
(a) She's poor.
(b) She's a slave.
(c) She's rich.
(d) She's middle class.
2. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
(d) John Thomas.
3. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of her old aprons.
(b) Pieces of dresses Grandma Dee wore over 50 years ago.
(c) Pieces of her old flannel nightgowns.
(d) Pieces of her old pillow cases.
4. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
(b) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
(c) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
(d) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
5. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
(a) Whether they have bought a house together.
(b) Whether Dee/Wangero is pregnant.
(c) Whether Dee/Wangero is a Muslim now like Hakim-a-barber.
(d) Whether they are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear to bed?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
3. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
4. Who keeps trying to shake Maggie's hand at the reunion?
5. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, what does Dee pin on her dress on the television program?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)