|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
(a) A piece of his wedding pants.
(b) A piece of his Civil War uniform.
(c) A piece of his old red flannel shirt.
(d) A piece of his christening gown.
2. What is the first thing out of the car upon Dee's arrival that identifies Dee to Ms. Johnson?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her purse.
3. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) Dee's terror.
(b) The firemen working to put out the flames.
(c) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(d) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
4. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
(a) A rat.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A bull calf.
(d) A hog.
5. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
(a) The ones on Ms. Johnson's bed.
(b) Two on Maggie's bed that need washing.
(c) The hand-stitched ones Grandma Dee pieced.
(d) One or two of the machine-stitched ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
3. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
4. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)