|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
(a) A short Afro.
(b) Two long pigtails roped around her ears.
(d) She has shaved her head.
2. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
(a) One or two other quilts in her collection.
(b) Grandma Dee's butter dish.
(c) Her mother's wedding dress.
(d) The butter churn dasher and top.
3. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
(a) A piece of his christening gown.
(b) A piece of his wedding pants.
(c) A piece of his Civil War uniform.
(d) A piece of his old red flannel shirt.
4. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
(b) The Johnson house.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
5. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
2. What kind of windows does the current Johnson home have?
3. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
4. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
5. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)