|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie react when Dee's companion moves forward to hug her?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She rushes forward to hug him first.
(c) She backs away, trembling and perspiring.
(d) She screams.
2. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
3. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
(a) John Thomas.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
4. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Johnny Carson.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
5. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of her old aprons.
(b) Pieces of dresses Grandma Dee wore over 50 years ago.
(c) Pieces of her old pillow cases.
(d) Pieces of her old flannel nightgowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
2. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
3. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
4. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
5. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)