|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When boys and girls hang around Dee in her youth, what does she do to entertain them?
(a) She plays hopskotch with them.
(b) She plays records for them.
(c) She sings to them.
(d) She reads to them.
2. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of his flannel shirts.
(b) Pieces of his woolen longjohns.
(c) Pieces of his Paisley shirts.
(d) Pieces of his overalls.
3. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
(a) Two on Maggie's bed that need washing.
(b) The ones on Ms. Johnson's bed.
(c) One or two of the machine-stitched ones.
(d) The hand-stitched ones Grandma Dee pieced.
4. What does the person who wants the butter churn top slide over it as if trying to see how it will look in her own home?
(a) A dish towel.
(b) A dinner plate.
(c) A tablecloth.
(d) An arrangement of wildflowers.
5. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(a) Dee's father.
(b) Dee's brother.
(d) Uncle Buddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
2. In what is the Johnson home located?
3. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
4. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
5. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)