|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
(a) A great joy.
(b) A great anger.
(c) A great sorrow.
(d) A spiritual energy like one she sometimes feels in church.
2. How does Hakim-a-barber feel about the group of people to which Ms. Johnson asks if he belongs?
(a) He shares their doctrines, but doesn't farm or raise cattle.
(b) He considers them allies.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He disagrees with their doctrines.
3. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
(a) It touches the ground.
(b) It is a mini skirt.
(c) It touches her calves.
(d) It reaches her knees.
4. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
(a) Try to make something of herself.
(b) Give up the hand-stitched quilts.
(c) Get married.
(d) Buy more stylish clothing.
5. Which of the following characters are mentioned in "Everyday Use" but do not actually appear on stage?
(a) Maggie and John Thomas.
(b) Grandma Dee, Aunt Dicie, and Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Hakim-a-barber and Wangero.
(d) Great Grandpa Ezra, John Thomas, and Hakim-a-barber.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
2. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
3. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
4. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
5. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)