|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Grandma Dee.
2. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(b) Uncle Buddy.
(c) Uncle Henry.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
3. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
(a) Neat looking as if God shaped them with a certain style.
(b) Small and dainty.
(c) Perfectly pedicured.
(d) Big with hairy toes.
4. How does Maggie react when Dee's companion moves forward to hug her?
(a) She rushes forward to hug him first.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She screams.
(d) She backs away, trembling and perspiring.
5. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
(a) He is a physician.
(b) He is a college professor.
(c) The story does not reveal this information.
(d) He is a politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Johnson family always criticizes the others?
2. When their school closes after the second grade, why don't the local Blacks protest?
3. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
4. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
5. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)