|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Kenisha Jackson.
(b) Raelene Jordan.
(c) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
(d) Ariella Candace Jones.
2. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
(a) Her old baby clothes.
(b) Two quilts pieced by Grandma Dee.
(c) Old family photos.
(d) Embroidered pillow cases.
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," with whom is Ms. Johnson waiting in the yard?
(a) Her daughter, Maggie.
(c) Grandma Dee.
(d) Big Dee.
4. How many rooms does the Johnsons' current house have?
5. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
(a) Ms. Johnson could knit Maggie some blankets.
(b) Maggie could make herself some new quilts.
(c) Maggie could buy new quilts.
(d) Ms. Johnson could buy new quilts for Maggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ms. Johnson's religion?
2. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
3. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
4. How does Maggie react when Dee's companion moves forward to hug her?
5. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)