|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A short, fat man with dimples.
(b) A handsome man with a mustache.
(c) A tall man with thick glasses.
(d) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
2. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
3. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
(b) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
(c) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
(d) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
4. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
(a) The Dutch Doll and Drunkard's path patterns.
(b) The Drunkard's Path and Lone Star patterns.
(c) The Southern Belle and Dutch Doll patterns.
(d) The Lone Star and Walk Around the Mountain patterns.
5. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
(a) She is in a car wreck.
(b) She gets hooked in the side by a cow.
(c) She contracts polio.
(d) She has a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress does Dee wear to her graduation?
2. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
3. What kind of jobs has Ms. Johnson always done well?
4. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
5. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)