|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what has Ms. Johnson primarily been concerned all her life?
(b) Sewing and quilting.
(d) Milking cows.
2. What is Dee's relationship to Maggie?
(a) They're cousins.
(b) They're sisters.
(c) They're neighbors.
(d) They're friends.
3. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
(a) It is smaller.
(b) It has more land with it.
(c) It is larger.
(d) It has a tin roof instead of a shingle roof.
4. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
(a) She is in a car wreck.
(b) She gets hooked in the side by a cow.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She contracts polio.
5. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A pea.
(b) A canteloupe.
(c) An elephant's brain.
(d) A piece of straw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
2. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
4. Who is Maggie's father?
5. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)