|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
(a) A cotton housedress.
(c) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
2. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of his woolen longjohns.
(b) Pieces of his flannel shirts.
(c) Pieces of his Paisley shirts.
(d) Pieces of his overalls.
3. What does Wangero tell Maggie to do at the end of the story?
(a) Get married.
(b) Try to make something of herself.
(c) Buy more stylish clothing.
(d) Give up the hand-stitched quilts.
4. Which of the following characters are mentioned in "Everyday Use" but do not actually appear on stage?
(a) Grandma Dee, Aunt Dicie, and Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) Maggie and John Thomas.
(c) Great Grandpa Ezra, John Thomas, and Hakim-a-barber.
(d) Hakim-a-barber and Wangero.
5. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
(a) John Thomas's.
(b) Ms. Johnson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" delights in the chitlins and corn bread, greens and sweet potatoes Ms. Johnson serves for dinner during Dee's visit?
2. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
4. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, on what television program are she and Dee brought together?
5. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)