|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's short and dark with glasses and white hair.
(b) She's thin with a light complexion and glistening hair.
(c) She's tall and plump with a gray Afro.
(d) She's tall and dark with lots of jewels and furs.
2. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
(a) John Thomas.
3. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
(a) To her great-grandmother.
(b) To the Civil War.
(c) Beyond the Civil War.
(d) To her grandmother.
4. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
(a) Maggie could buy new quilts.
(b) Ms. Johnson could buy new quilts for Maggie.
(c) Ms. Johnson could knit Maggie some blankets.
(d) Maggie could make herself some new quilts.
5. Who is Dee's father?
(a) The story never reveals this fact.
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Uncle Buddy.
(d) Great Grandpa Ezra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson do in church when the spirit of God touches her?
2. What is Dee's relationship to Maggie?
3. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
4. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
5. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)