|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of soil comprises Ms. Johnson's yard?
(a) Dry, dusty soil.
(b) Rich, dark brown earth.
(c) Red earth.
(d) Hard clay.
2. How many Johnson women are Dee?
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," who does Ms. Johnson say will regard Dee with a mixture of envy and awe?
(b) Grandma Dee.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Grandpa Ezra.
4. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A canteloupe.
(b) An elephant's brain.
(c) A piece of straw.
(d) A pea.
5. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's tall and dark with lots of jewels and furs.
(b) She's thin with a light complexion and glistening hair.
(c) She's short and dark with glasses and white hair.
(d) She's tall and plump with a gray Afro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
2. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
3. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
4. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
5. How does Dee's male companion greet Ms. Johnson and Maggie?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)