|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
(a) A piece of his old red flannel shirt.
(b) A piece of his christening gown.
(c) A piece of his wedding pants.
(d) A piece of his Civil War uniform.
2. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
(a) Use them as curtains.
(b) Donate them to a museum.
(c) Use them on her beds.
(d) Hang them as art on her walls.
3. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(b) Uncle Buddy.
(c) Dee's father.
(d) Dee's brother.
4. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
(a) Ms. Johnson finds chairs uncomfortable to sit on.
(b) They can't afford chairs.
(c) Dee's father doesn't know how to make chairs.
(d) They don't like chairs.
5. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(b) Black and white plaid.
(c) Orange and yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. After whom does Ms. Johnson name Dee?
2. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
3. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
4. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
5. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)