|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
(a) Uncle Henry.
(b) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) Uncle Buddy.
2. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) With a hearty hello.
(c) With an Arabic greeting.
(d) With a hug.
3. Who says Wangero can have the quilts after Ms. Johnson says Wangero can't?
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
4. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Grandma Dee.
5. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
(b) John Thomas's.
(d) Aunt Dicie's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jobs has Ms. Johnson always done well?
2. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
3. In the story's first paragraph, to which room of the house does Ms. Johnson compare her yard, saying it's an extension of that room?
4. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
5. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)