|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of his Paisley shirts.
(b) Pieces of his flannel shirts.
(c) Pieces of his woolen longjohns.
(d) Pieces of his overalls.
2. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's short and dark with glasses and white hair.
(b) She's tall and dark with lots of jewels and furs.
(c) She's thin with a light complexion and glistening hair.
(d) She's tall and plump with a gray Afro.
3. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The back yard.
(d) The living room.
4. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) John Thomas.
5. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(a) Dee's brother.
(b) Dee's father.
(c) Uncle Buddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
2. Who hates the current Johnson house as well as the old Johnson house?
3. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" delights in the chitlins and corn bread, greens and sweet potatoes Ms. Johnson serves for dinner during Dee's visit?
5. Whose name is twice as long and three times as hard as Wangero's in Ms. Johnson's opinion?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)