|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
(a) Dee's father doesn't know how to make chairs.
(b) They can't afford chairs.
(c) They don't like chairs.
(d) Ms. Johnson finds chairs uncomfortable to sit on.
2. Who is Maggie's father?
(b) The story never reveals this fact.
(c) John Thomas.
3. What comes over Ms. Johnson at the end of the story when she sees Maggie looking at Wangero with fear?
(a) A great sorrow.
(b) A great joy.
(c) A great anger.
(d) A spiritual energy like one she sometimes feels in church.
4. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
(a) She's large and big-boned with rough, man-working hands.
(b) She's freckled and has blonde hair.
(c) She's white-haired and petite.
(d) She's skinny and short.
5. What is the first thing out of the car upon Dee's arrival that identifies Dee to Ms. Johnson?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
2. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
3. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
4. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
5. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)