|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
(b) She will never be able to afford college.
(c) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
(d) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
(c) Aunt Dicie.
(d) Grandma Dee.
3. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
(a) The butter churn dasher and top.
(b) One or two other quilts in her collection.
(c) Grandma Dee's butter dish.
(d) Her mother's wedding dress.
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
5. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
(b) A quick tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
2. In real life, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
3. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn top to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
4. How many sons does Ms. Johnson have?
5. What do Ms. Johnson and Maggie do after Wangero and her boyfriend leave?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)