|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
(a) Aunt Cassie and Maggie.
(b) Ms. Johnson and her sister, Aunt Dicie or Big Dee.
(c) Great Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie.
(d) Cousin Celie and Cousin Jill.
2. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(c) Ms. Johnson.
(d) John Thomas.
3. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
(a) Her college professors.
(b) Her pastor.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her friends.
4. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
(a) New York City.
(c) Rural Ohio.
(d) Rural Georgia, near Augusta.
5. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
2. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
3. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
4. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
5. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)