|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name is twice as long and three times as hard as Wangero's in Ms. Johnson's opinion?
(a) Dee's college professor.
(b) Dee's pastor.
(c) Dee's college roommate.
(d) Dee's male companion.
2. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
3. What does Dee want to match a green suit she makes from an old suit someone gives her mother?
(a) A pair of earrings.
(b) A hair barrette.
(c) Black pumps.
(d) A green blouse.
4. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
(a) She thinks he's a college professor.
(b) She thinks he's a barber.
(c) She thinks he's a lawyer.
(d) She thinks he's a Musllim preacher.
5. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
(a) She cheats on him.
(b) She isn't rich enough for him.
(c) She isn't smart enough for him.
(d) She criticizes him too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wangero feel on the benches when she runs her hands along them?
2. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
3. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
4. What is Hakim-a-barber's religion?
5. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)