|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
(a) John Thomas's.
(b) Ms. Johnson's.
2. How does the man who emerges from the car with Dee wear his hair?
(b) He shaves his head.
(c) In cornrows.
3. Which Johnson family member possesses the most self confidence?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
4. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(a) Dee's father.
(b) Dee's brother.
(c) Uncle Buddy.
5. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
(a) Her mother's wedding dress.
(b) The butter churn dasher and top.
(c) One or two other quilts in her collection.
(d) Grandma Dee's butter dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
3. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
4. What does Ms. Johnson believe Maggie thinks her portion from God is?
5. To whom does Ms. Johnson promise to give the quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)