|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) The Johnson sisters.
(b) Herself and her mother.
(c) African Americans.
(d) The entire Johnson family.
2. Who takes Polaroids of the Johnson family reunion?
(b) Mrs. Johnson.
3. Who fills her bottom lip with checkerberry snuff at the end of "Everyday Use?"
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Ms. Johnson.
4. Why does Dee change her name?
(a) Hakim-a-barber hates her real name.
(b) She needs a more glamorous name to be an actress.
(c) So she won't have a white oppressor name.
(d) She is hiding from the law.
5. How many sons does Ms. Johnson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
2. From where does the wood that gives Ms. Johnson's dasher its color come?
3. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
4. Who hangs in the kitchen doing dishes after the Johnsons' reunion dinner?
5. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)