|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) Make it the centerpiece for her alcove table.
(b) Use it as a flower vase.
(c) Hang it on her wall.
(d) Make butter in it.
2. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) With a hearty hello.
(c) With a hug.
(d) With an Arabic greeting.
3. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
(a) They're handstitched & the others are machine-stitched.
(b) They're prettier.
(c) Grandma Dee pieced them.
(d) They're older.
4. What kind of shoes is Dee wearing for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) High heels.
(d) Go go boots.
5. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
(a) Small and dainty.
(b) Perfectly pedicured.
(c) Big with hairy toes.
(d) Neat looking as if God shaped them with a certain style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Johnson family women quilts the quilt tops that Grandma Dee pieces?
2. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
3. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
4. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
5. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)