|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(b) A hearty laugh.
(c) A scream.
(d) A sob.
2. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
(b) Ms. Johnson.
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" delights in the chitlins and corn bread, greens and sweet potatoes Ms. Johnson serves for dinner during Dee's visit?
(b) John Thomas.
4. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
(a) Whether they are married.
(b) Whether Dee/Wangero is pregnant.
(c) Whether they have bought a house together.
(d) Whether Dee/Wangero is a Muslim now like Hakim-a-barber.
5. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) Herself and her mother.
(b) The entire Johnson family.
(c) African Americans.
(d) The Johnson sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the sounds in the kitchen?
2. How many quilts does Dee/Wangero take back to the city with her at the end of the story?
3. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
5. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)