|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
(a) Neat looking as if God shaped them with a certain style.
(b) Small and dainty.
(c) Big with hairy toes.
(d) Perfectly pedicured.
2. What word does Ms. Johnson say the world never tells Dee?
3. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
(a) Whether they are married.
(b) Whether Dee/Wangero is pregnant.
(c) Whether they have bought a house together.
(d) Whether Dee/Wangero is a Muslim now like Hakim-a-barber.
4. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The back yard.
(d) The living room.
5. What does Dee want to match a green suit she makes from an old suit someone gives her mother?
(a) A hair barrette.
(b) A green blouse.
(c) Black pumps.
(d) A pair of earrings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
2. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
3. To whom does Ms. Johnson promise to give the quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
4. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)