|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
(a) Uncle Buddy.
(b) Uncle Henry.
(c) Grandpa Jarrell.
(d) Great Grandpa Ezra.
2. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
(a) Maggie could buy new quilts.
(b) Ms. Johnson could buy new quilts for Maggie.
(c) Ms. Johnson could knit Maggie some blankets.
(d) Maggie could make herself some new quilts.
3. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
(a) The Southern Belle and Dutch Doll patterns.
(b) The Dutch Doll and Drunkard's path patterns.
(c) The Lone Star and Walk Around the Mountain patterns.
(d) The Drunkard's Path and Lone Star patterns.
4. How does Dee respond when her mother asks her what happened to Dee?
(a) She says Hakim-a-barber hates the name Dee.
(b) She says Dee's dead.
(c) She says Dee is wanted by the police.
(d) She says Dee is wanted by the IRS.
5. What is Ms. Johnson's marital state?
(a) The story never reveals this fact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes is Dee wearing for her reunion with her mother and sister?
2. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
3. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
4. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)