|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what has Ms. Johnson primarily been concerned all her life?
(b) Sewing and quilting.
(d) Milking cows.
2. Why does Wangero want the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced rather than the substitute gift her mother offers her?
(a) They're older.
(b) They're handstitched & the others are machine-stitched.
(c) Grandma Dee pieced them.
(d) They're prettier.
3. Who is Dee's father?
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) The story never reveals this fact.
(c) Uncle Buddy.
(d) Great Grandpa Ezra.
4. Who stands under a gum tree and observes from a safe distance while tragedy strikes the old Johnson house a decade earlier?
(b) John Thomas.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
5. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
(a) John Thomas.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
2. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
3. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
4. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
5. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)