|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
(a) A hearty laugh.
(b) A scream.
(d) A sob.
2. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
(a) She's more freckled and wears thicker glasses.
(b) She's taller and fatter.
(c) She's shorter and has more warts.
(d) She's lighter in complexion with nicer hair and a fuller figure.
3. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
4. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Uncle Buddy.
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(d) Uncle Henry.
5. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
(a) One or two of the machine-stitched ones.
(b) Two on Maggie's bed that need washing.
(c) The ones on Ms. Johnson's bed.
(d) The hand-stitched ones Grandma Dee pieced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hairstyle is Dee wearing when she arrives at her family's home?
2. How does the man who emerges from the car with Dee wear his hair?
3. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
4. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
5. How many children does Ms. Johnson have?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)