|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After whom does Ms. Johnson name Dee?
(a) A cousin.
(b) Aunt Dicie, Ms. Johnson's sister and Dee's aunt.
(c) A good friend.
(d) An old neighbor.
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" refuses to eat collard greens and considers pork unclean?
(d) Grandma Dee.
3. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Aunt Dicie.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
4. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
(a) The story does not reveal this information.
(b) He is a physician.
(c) He is a politician.
(d) He is a college professor.
5. How does Maggie react when Dee's companion moves forward to hug her?
(a) She rushes forward to hug him first.
(b) She screams.
(c) She backs away, trembling and perspiring.
(d) She runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters in "Everyday Use" own cars?
2. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
3. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
4. What does Ms. Johnson call Dee's companion in her thoughts?
5. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)