|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
(a) Two quilts pieced by Grandma Dee.
(b) Embroidered pillow cases.
(c) Her old baby clothes.
(d) Old family photos.
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
3. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," who does Ms. Johnson say will regard Dee with a mixture of envy and awe?
(a) Grandpa Ezra.
(c) Grandma Dee.
(d) John Thomas.
4. How did Ms. Johnson used to think Dee felt about Maggie?
(a) That Dee hated Maggie.
(b) That Dee considered Maggie an embarrassment.
(c) That Dee was jealous of Maggie.
(d) That Dee adored Maggie.
5. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, on what television program are she and Dee brought together?
(a) David Letterman.
(b) Johnny Carson.
(d) Jerry Springer.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Dee change her name?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" has burn scars?
3. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
4. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
5. What is the first thing out of the car upon Dee's arrival that identifies Dee to Ms. Johnson?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)