|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
(a) Planted flowers in it.
(b) Cleaned and swept it like a floor.
(c) Mulched it.
(d) Mowed it.
2. What scrap of Great Grandpa Ezra's clothing is in the quilts?
(a) A piece of his wedding pants.
(b) A piece of his christening gown.
(c) A piece of his old red flannel shirt.
(d) A piece of his Civil War uniform.
3. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Ariella Candace Jones.
(b) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
(c) Raelene Jordan.
(d) Kenisha Jackson.
4. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
5. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
(a) It reaches her knees.
(b) It is a mini skirt.
(c) It touches her calves.
(d) It touches the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Johnson's current home different from their previous home?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
3. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
4. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
5. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)