|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the winter, how does Ms. Johnson get water for washing?
(a) From bottled water she buys at the store in town.
(b) By breaking ice.
(c) From her faucet.
(d) From her farm's well.
2. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
3. How does Dee respond when her mother asks her what happened to Dee?
(a) She says Dee is wanted by the police.
(b) She says Dee's dead.
(c) She says Dee is wanted by the IRS.
(d) She says Hakim-a-barber hates the name Dee.
4. How does Dee look in comparison to Maggie?
(a) She's more freckled and wears thicker glasses.
(b) She's lighter in complexion with nicer hair and a fuller figure.
(c) She's shorter and has more warts.
(d) She's taller and fatter.
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," how does Ms. Johnson think Maggie will feel during Dee's visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
2. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
3. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
4. Which of the following statements is not true about what happens on the television talk shows that inspire Ms. Johnson's dreams?
5. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)