|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner, who goes into Ms. Johnson's room and riffles through the trunk at the foot of Ms. Johnson's bed?
(c) Ms. Johnson.
2. At the end of the story, what quilts does Ms. Johnson tell Dee to take back to the city with her?
(a) The hand-stitched ones Grandma Dee pieced.
(b) The ones on Ms. Johnson's bed.
(c) One or two of the machine-stitched ones.
(d) Two on Maggie's bed that need washing.
3. Who is Maggie's father?
(c) John Thomas.
(d) The story never reveals this fact.
4. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
(b) Aunt Dicie.
5. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
(a) Neat looking as if God shaped them with a certain style.
(b) Big with hairy toes.
(c) Perfectly pedicured.
(d) Small and dainty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dee think the quilts will become rags in five years?
2. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
3. How many Johnson women are Dee?
4. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
5. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)