|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
(a) Ms. Johnson could buy new quilts for Maggie.
(b) Ms. Johnson could knit Maggie some blankets.
(c) Maggie could make herself some new quilts.
(d) Maggie could buy new quilts.
2. In what is the Johnson home located?
(a) A pasture.
(b) A big Augusta, Georgia subdivision.
(c) A former Civil War battlefield.
(d) A former Revolutionary War battlefield.
3. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
(a) The bank repossesses it.
(b) A tornado devastates it.
(c) Termites and rats infest it.
(d) It burns to the ground.
4. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
(a) How the neighbors helped with the tragedy.
(b) Holding Maggie with her smoking hair and peeling dress.
(c) Dee's terror.
(d) The firemen working to put out the flames.
5. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
(c) Maggie's birthday.
(d) Maggie's wedding to John Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
2. Who is Dee's father?
3. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
4. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
5. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)