|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of her old flannel nightgowns.
(b) Pieces of dresses Grandma Dee wore over 50 years ago.
(c) Pieces of her old pillow cases.
(d) Pieces of her old aprons.
2. What does Ms. Johnson offer Wangero instead of the two quilts Grandma Dee pieced?
(a) Her mother's wedding dress.
(b) One or two other quilts in her collection.
(c) The butter churn dasher and top.
(d) Grandma Dee's butter dish.
3. Who is Dee's father?
(a) The story never reveals this fact.
(b) Uncle Buddy.
(c) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
4. When Ms. Johnson offers Dee a quilt in the past, what is Dee's reaction?
(a) She doesn't want it because it is old-fashioned.
(b) She loves the idea, takes the quilt and asks for more.
(c) She does't want it because it is too plain.
(d) She wants to learn to quilt herself.
5. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
(a) Muslim extremists in Augusta.
(b) Sheep farmers down the road.
(c) Her Muslim neighbors who raise cattle.
(d) A group of local artisans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
2. Who fills her bottom lip with checkerberry snuff at the end of "Everyday Use?"
3. What happens to Ms. Johnson in 1949?
4. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
5. How does the man who emerges from the car with Dee wear his hair?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)