|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Johnson women are Dee?
2. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the butter churn dasher?
(d) John Thomas.
3. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
4. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A pea.
(b) A canteloupe.
(c) A piece of straw.
(d) An elephant's brain.
5. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
(a) Good looks, money and intelligence have passed her by.
(b) Hakim-a-barber will never prefer her to Dee.
(c) She will never be able to afford college.
(d) She is unemployable due to her lack of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Polaroids of the Johnson family reunion?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
3. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
4. What do Hakim-a-barber and Wangero not tell Ms. Johnson and what does she not ask them about?
5. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the family's butter churn top?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)