|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
(a) Dee and Ms. Johnson.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
2. What does Wangero find in her mother's trunk?
(a) Her old baby clothes.
(b) Old family photos.
(c) Embroidered pillow cases.
(d) Two quilts pieced by Grandma Dee.
3. How does the character who goes to school in Augusta try to share her knowledge with the rest of the family?
(a) She loans them her textbooks.
(b) She encourages them to enroll in college.
(c) She reads to them.
(d) She invites them to her school recitals.
4. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Two warm quilts.
(b) Her fat.
(c) Woolen longjohns.
(d) A warm fire in her fireplace.
5. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
(a) Planted flowers in it.
(b) Cleaned and swept it like a floor.
(c) Mowed it.
(d) Mulched it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the socioeconomic status of Ms. Johnson in "Everyday Use?"
2. What does Ms. Johnson say could be done if the quilts do become rags in five years?
3. In "Everyday Use," whose school closes after second grade?
4. What does Ms. Johnson remember from the tragedy that befell her home ten to twelve years earlier?
5. When boys and girls hang around Dee in her youth, what does she do to entertain them?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)