|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Dee's dress when she exits the car?
(a) It touches her calves.
(b) It reaches her knees.
(c) It touches the ground.
(d) It is a mini skirt.
2. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A tall man with thick glasses.
(b) A handsome man with a mustache.
(c) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
(d) A short, fat man with dimples.
3. What does Ms. Johnson think Dee's companion does for a living because of his name?
(a) She thinks he's a lawyer.
(b) She thinks he's a Musllim preacher.
(c) She thinks he's a barber.
(d) She thinks he's a college professor.
4. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
(a) Ms. Johnson's mother-in-law.
(b) A first cousin.
(c) Grandma Dee and her mother, Great Grandma Dee.
(d) A great aunt.
5. When boys and girls hang around Dee in her youth, what does she do to entertain them?
(a) She plays records for them.
(b) She plays hopskotch with them.
(c) She sings to them.
(d) She reads to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
2. What facial expression does Maggie have after her sister leaves?
3. In what is the Johnson home located?
4. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
5. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear to bed?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)