|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the family's quilt frames kept?
(a) The front yard.
(b) The front porch.
(c) The living room.
(d) The back yard.
2. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
(b) A mouse.
(c) Grandma Dee's apron.
(d) Milk that has turned to clabber.
3. What scraps of Grandpa Jarrell's clothes are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of his overalls.
(b) Pieces of his woolen longjohns.
(c) Pieces of his flannel shirts.
(d) Pieces of his Paisley shirts.
4. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
(a) She criticizes him too much.
(b) She isn't smart enough for him.
(c) She cheats on him.
(d) She isn't rich enough for him.
5. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
(a) Ms. Johnson could prounounce it if she were smarter.
(b) Ms. Johnson can used the shortened version Wang.
(c) Ms. Johnson doesn't have to use it if she doesn't want to.
(d) Ms. Johnson should practice saying it until she gets it right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
2. Who is the first male character to appear onstage in "Everyday Use?"
3. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
4. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
5. Whose hand closes over Grandma Dee's butter dish at dinner?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)