|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) Something artistic that she hasn't yet determined.
(b) She will donate it to a museum.
(c) She will churn butter in it.
(d) She will use it as a flower vase.
2. What sounds does Ms. Johnson hear when Wangero asks if she can have the quilts?
(a) A door slamming and someone weeping.
(b) Something falling and the slam of the kitchen door.
(c) Pots and pans banging in the kitchen.
(d) Glass breaking and someone cursing.
3. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
(a) A mouse.
(b) Milk that has turned to clabber.
(c) Grandma Dee's apron.
4. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
(a) They can't afford chairs.
(b) They don't like chairs.
(c) Dee's father doesn't know how to make chairs.
(d) Ms. Johnson finds chairs uncomfortable to sit on.
5. Which Johnson women know how to quilt?
(a) Maggie, Grandma Dee and Wangero.
(b) Maggie, Ms. Johnson, Wangero and Aunt Dicie.
(c) Ms. Johnson, Wangero, and Grandma Dee.
(d) Everyone but Wangero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
2. How is the weather when Dee comes to visit her family?
3. Who learns to quilt from Grandma Dee and Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
4. What has Ms. Johnson done to her yard at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Ms. Johnson notice in the wood of the dasher?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)