|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dee's companion end up asking the family to call him?
2. Why do the Johnsons have dining benches instead of dining chairs?
(a) They can't afford chairs.
(b) Ms. Johnson finds chairs uncomfortable to sit on.
(c) Dee's father doesn't know how to make chairs.
(d) They don't like chairs.
3. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) The entire Johnson family.
(b) African Americans.
(c) Herself and her mother.
(d) The Johnson sisters.
4. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
(a) Ms. Johnson.
(d) John Thomas.
5. How many Johnson women are Dee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" goes to school in Augusta on money Ms. Johnson and her church raise?
3. Who wraps Ms. Johnson's dasher right there at the dinner table?
4. After whom does Ms. Johnson name Dee?
5. In Ms. Johnson's dreams, on what television program are she and Dee brought together?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)