|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Ms. Johnson always talk "With one foot raised in flight" and her head turned in whatever direction is farthest from them?
(a) White men.
(b) People with college degrees.
(c) White women.
(d) Black men.
2. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
(a) Ms. Johnson.
(b) Grandma Dee.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
3. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Uncle Henry.
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Uncle Buddy.
(d) Great Grandpa Ezra.
4. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(c) Black and white plaid.
(d) Orange and yellow.
5. Who in the Johnson family had the name Dee before Dee and the woman for whom Dee was named?
(a) A first cousin.
(b) Grandma Dee and her mother, Great Grandma Dee.
(c) A great aunt.
(d) Ms. Johnson's mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms did the Johnsons' previous house have?
2. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
3. What unpleasant truth does Ms. Johnson say Maggie realizes about herself?
4. How many Johnson women are Dee?
5. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)