|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie wear for Dee's arrival in "Everyday Use"?
(a) A pink skirt and red blouse.
(c) A mini skirt.
(d) Blue jeans and a white blouse.
2. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
(d) A quick tongue.
3. When their school closes after the second grade, why don't the local Blacks protest?
(a) There is little community support for reopening it.
(b) Their children are needed on the farm instead of in school.
(c) In 1927 they ask fewer questions than they do now.
(d) They fear violent repercussions.
4. Which member of the Johnson family always criticizes the others?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
5. What does Ms. Johnson ask Maggie to bring her at the end of the story?
(a) Another plate of dinner.
(b) A dip of snuff.
(c) A needle and thread to begin another quilt.
(d) A quilt from the trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" always walks with her eyes on the ground and her chin on her chest?
2. Which of the following is not in a Polaroid of the Johnson family reunion?
3. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
4. How does Maggie react when Dee's companion moves forward to hug her?
5. For what does Ms. Johnson lose her taste as a result of what happens to her in 1949?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)