|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
(a) Ms. Johnson.
(c) John Thomas.
2. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
(d) Aunt Dicie.
3. How does Dee greet her mother and sister?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) With a hug.
(c) With a hearty hello.
(d) With an Arabic greeting.
4. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
(a) A rat.
(b) A hog.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bull calf.
5. In what patterns are the two quilts Wangero finds in the trunk sewn?
(a) The Lone Star and Walk Around the Mountain patterns.
(b) The Southern Belle and Dutch Doll patterns.
(c) The Drunkard's Path and Lone Star patterns.
(d) The Dutch Doll and Drunkard's path patterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Dee change her name?
2. What one thing does the person taking the Polaroids make sure is always included in each picture?
3. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
4. When Ms. Johnson snatches Grandma Dee's quilts from Wangero's hands, into whose hands does she place them?
5. Who hates the current Johnson house as well as the old Johnson house?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)