|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ms. Johnson's marital state?
(a) The story never reveals this fact.
2. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her father.
(b) He was her grandfather.
(c) He was her first husband.
(d) He was her uncle.
3. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
(b) Blue jeans and a flannel shirt.
(c) A cotton housedress.
4. How far back can Ms. Johnson trace her family tree?
(a) To her grandmother.
(b) To the Civil War.
(c) To her great-grandmother.
(d) Beyond the Civil War.
5. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Grandma Dee.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Johnson's previous house ten to twelve years before the events in "Everyday Use"?
2. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
3. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
4. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
5. At the beginning of "Everyday Use," what kind of tree does Ms. Johnson say she likes to sit outside and look up into while enjoying the breeze?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)