|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Johnson women are Dee?
2. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
(a) Tall and fat.
(b) Short and thin with big glasses.
(c) Tall and thin with a big mustache.
(d) Short and stocky with hair all over his head and chin.
3. Once Maggie weds, what is Ms. Johnson free to sit in her yard and do?
(a) Plant corn.
(b) Raise flowers.
(d) Sing church songs.
4. What scraps of Grandma Dee's clothing are in the quilts?
(a) Pieces of dresses Grandma Dee wore over 50 years ago.
(b) Pieces of her old aprons.
(c) Pieces of her old flannel nightgowns.
(d) Pieces of her old pillow cases.
5. Who tells Ms. Johnson she doesn't understand her heritage?
(d) Aunt Dicie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Ms. Johnson for the butter churn dasher?
2. What noises tell Ms. Johnson someone is standing outside the room in which she and Wangero are?
3. Which Johnson family member possesses the most self confidence?
4. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
5. What does Ms. Johnson note is still in the butter churn during dinner?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)