|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
(a) He was her uncle.
(b) He was her father.
(c) He was her grandfather.
(d) He was her first husband.
2. How does Ms. Johnson describe Dee's feet?
(a) Perfectly pedicured.
(b) Big with hairy toes.
(c) Neat looking as if God shaped them with a certain style.
(d) Small and dainty.
3. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(b) Grandpa Jarrell.
(c) Grandma Dee.
(d) Aunt Dicie.
4. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Kenisha Jackson.
(b) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
(c) Ariella Candace Jones.
(d) Raelene Jordan.
5. How much does Dee think Grandma Dee's quilts are worth?
(a) She thinks they're worth a few dozen dollars.
(b) She thinks they're worth a few hundred dollars.
(c) She thinks they're priceless.
(d) She doesn't think they're worth anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why advantage does Ms. Johnson think her substitute gift has over the quilts Wangero wants?
2. How does the man who emerges from the car with Dee wear his hair?
3. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
4. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
5. During the winter, what does Ms. Johnson wear during the day?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)