|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
(a) Use it as a flower vase.
(b) Hang it on her wall.
(c) Make it the centerpiece for her alcove table.
(d) Make butter in it.
2. When boys and girls hang around Dee in her youth, what does she do to entertain them?
(a) She plays hopskotch with them.
(b) She plays records for them.
(c) She reads to them.
(d) She sings to them.
3. What does Ms. Johnson call Dee's companion in her thoughts?
(a) The barber.
(b) The Muslim.
4. Which character in "Everyday Use" has no education?
(b) John Thomas.
(c) Ms. Johnson.
(d) Grandma Dee.
5. What keeps Ms. Johnson hot in zero weather?
(a) Woolen longjohns.
(b) A warm fire in her fireplace.
(c) Her fat.
(d) Two warm quilts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "Everyday Use" always looks anyone in the eye because hesitation is not part of her nature?
2. After whom does Ms. Johnson name Dee?
3. Who escapes unharmed from the tragedy that befell the old Johnson house?
4. What does the person who wants the butter churn dash tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
5. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dasher?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)