|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what occasion has Ms. Johnson offered Dee a quilt in the past?
(a) Dee's high school graduation.
(b) The previous Christmas.
(c) When Dee left for college.
(d) Dee's eighteenth birthday.
2. What does Wangero plan to do with the quilts?
(a) Donate them to a museum.
(b) Use them as curtains.
(c) Use them on her beds.
(d) Hang them as art on her walls.
3. What color is the dress Dee wears for her reunion with her mother and sister?
(a) Black and white plaid.
(c) Orange and yellow.
4. How does Ms. Johnson feel about Wangero's new name?
(a) It is a name she will never prounounce correctly.
(b) It insults the family heritage of women named Dee.
(c) It is an ugly name.
(d) She will abide by Wangero's wishes & use the new name.
5. When Dee says "It's really a new day for us" at the end of the story, to whom is she referring?
(a) African Americans.
(b) The entire Johnson family.
(c) Herself and her mother.
(d) The Johnson sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ms. Johnson describe as "soothing and slow?"
2. How does Dee's male companion greet Ms. Johnson and Maggie?
3. What does Ms. Johnson think that Dee had at age sixteen?
4. On the television show in her dreams, what does Ms. Johnson look like?
5. Which member of the Johnson family always criticizes the others?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)