|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dee say she will never bring to visit her family's home?
(a) Her pastor.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her college professors.
(d) Her friends.
2. How does Dee's male companion greet Ms. Johnson and Maggie?
(a) With a handshake.
(b) With a polite nod.
(c) With a kiss on the cheek.
(d) With the Arabic greeting Asalamalakim.
3. How does Ms. Johnson describe Maggie's fiance?
(a) A tall man with thick glasses.
(b) A handsome man with a mustache.
(c) A man with mossy teeth in an earnest face.
(d) A short, fat man with dimples.
4. Who makes the dining benches on which the Johnsons and Hakim-a-barber sit during dinner?
(a) Dee's father.
(c) Dee's brother.
(d) Uncle Buddy.
5. How many rooms does the Johnsons' current house have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who wants the butter churn top tell Ms. Johnson she will do with it?
2. How does Ms. Johnson describe the man who emerges from the car with Dee?
3. What sound does Maggie make when she sees Dee's companion?
4. For what occasion is Ms. Johnson going to give the quilts to the person to whom she has promised them?
5. When Ms. Johnson finds Wangero's name hard to pronounce, what does Wangero say?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)