|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "Everyday Use?"
(b) John Thomas.
(d) Ms. Johnson.
2. Who overhears Wangero and Ms. Johnson discussing the quilts?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Grandma Dee.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
3. How does Dee's male companion greet Ms. Johnson and Maggie?
(a) With a polite nod.
(b) With a kiss on the cheek.
(c) With a handshake.
(d) With the Arabic greeting Asalamalakim.
4. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
(a) John Thomas.
5. When Ms. Johnson snatches the quilts from Wangero's hands, who sits on the bed with her mouth open in shock?
(a) Grandma Dee.
(c) Aunt Dicie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms does the Johnsons' current house have?
2. Who is Dee's father?
3. When their school closes after the second grade, why don't the local Blacks protest?
4. Where does "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker take place?
5. What does Ms. Johnson kill with a sledge hammer one winter?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)