|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what group of people does Ms. Johnson ask Hakim-a-barber if he belongs?
(a) Sheep farmers down the road.
(b) Her Muslim neighbors who raise cattle.
(c) A group of local artisans.
(d) Muslim extremists in Augusta.
2. In what point of view is "Everyday Use" told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
3. Who is the first male character mentioned in "Everyday Use?"
(a) Grandpa Jarrell.
(b) John Thomas.
(d) Johnny Carson.
4. Who whittles Ms. Johnson's churn top?
(a) Uncle Buddy.
(b) Great Grandpa Ezra.
(c) Uncle Henry.
(d) Grandpa Jarrell.
5. Which character in "Everyday Use" doesn't read well due to poor eyesight?
(a) Aunt Dicie.
(b) Ms. Johnson.
(c) Grandma Dee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dee's companion do for a living?
2. What looks like a mule tail to Ms. Johnson when she sees Dee's male companion?
3. What is the relationship of the person who whittles Ms. Johnson's butter churn dash to Aunt Dicie/Big Dee?
4. In what is the Johnson home located?
5. Who is the antagonist in "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)