|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait does Ms. Johnson possess in her dreams that the Johnsons don't have in real life?
(a) A quick tongue.
2. What does Wangero feel on the benches when she runs her hands along them?
(b) Chips in the wood.
(c) Rump prints.
(d) The smooth surface of the varnished wood.
3. What drives Jimmy T, a former suitor, away from Dee?
(a) She cheats on him.
(b) She isn't smart enough for him.
(c) She criticizes him too much.
(d) She isn't rich enough for him.
4. To what does Dee change her name?
(a) Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo.
(b) Kenisha Jackson.
(c) Ariella Candace Jones.
(d) Raelene Jordan.
5. To what does Wangero compare Maggie's brain when Maggie tells Hakim-a-barber who whittled the churn dash?
(a) A canteloupe.
(b) A piece of straw.
(c) A pea.
(d) An elephant's brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie respond to the attempts to shake her hand?
2. Who claims to be able to remember Grandma Dee without the quilts?
3. Which of the following characters are mentioned in "Everyday Use" but do not actually appear on stage?
4. What does Jimmy T do soon after breaking up with Dee?
5. Who is the protagonist in "Everyday Use?"
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)