|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ally react to what Jack admits to her at the beginning of "Jack 6"?
2. What does everyone in the campground do when first contact is made?
3. What does Ryan get sick from eating in "Jack 6"?
4. Who takes care of Ryan when he is sick in "Jack 6"?
5. In "Ally 5," whom does Bree encourage Ally to dress up for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interesting fact does Melanie share with Team Exo as they are conducting the experiment and recording information?
2. Why does Ally find sharing the campground with Melanie and Bree somewhat complicated in "Ally 5"?
3. How has the relationship between the five kids changed by the beginning of "Jack 6"?
4. What happens when Jack falls asleep on the bus in "Jack 4," and what is going on when he wakes up?
5. Why is Jack trying to hard in "Jack 6" to stay in the moment?
6. Describe Ally's lecture, given in "Jack 5."
7. What crisis does "Jack 4" open with, and what is the outcome?
8. Describe 'First contact' and 'Second contact'.
9. Ryan and Jack discuss girls in "Jack 4." What do they each contribute to the conversation?
10. What does Bree accuse Jack of in "Bree 6," and how does Jack respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Every Soul A Star uses a traditional narrative perspective (first person) in an unusual way - split between three main characters. Discuss how the author does this and determine whether it is done effectively. Does it help or hinder the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Lucid dreaming is a motif in Every Soul a Star. Discuss when, where, how, and why this motif occurs throughout the story. What is the purpose of it as a motif?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is strong throughout Every Soul A Star. Explain the following symbols including what they stand for. Why is the object selected for the symbol appropriate or not appropriate?
• The eclipse
• Ally's meteorite necklace
• The storm in the sixth essays
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)