|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Jack searching for at the beginning of "Jack 4"?
2. What is the second action Bree and Ally take to make Bree's parents aware of a disadvantage at Moon Shadow?
3. During the eclipse, where does Jack see streams of eclipsed light, which amazes him?
4. What dream of Ally's does Mr. Flynn put a damper on in "Ally 5"?
5. What does seeing the eclipse embolden Jack to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence of a change in Jack can be seen in "Jack 6"?
2. What happens when Jack falls asleep on the bus in "Jack 4," and what is going on when he wakes up?
3. Ryan and Jack discuss girls in "Jack 4." What do they each contribute to the conversation?
4. In "Ally 5," Kenny appears to report news from an email from the SETI people. What does the email say?
5. Who/what is Team Exo?
6. How has the relationship between the five kids changed by the beginning of "Jack 6"?
7. Describe the interaction between Ryan and Ally at the beginning of "Ally 6."
8. What happens in "Bree 6" to show how Bree has changed by this point in the novel?
9. Why is Jack trying to hard in "Jack 6" to stay in the moment?
10. What is the first thing Jack notices about Ryan when they meet, and what does this suggest about Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Genre is a way to sort or categorize a book, and some books fall under more than one genre. One genre of Every Soul A Star is realistic fiction. Define realistic fiction and discuss how Every Soul A Star qualifies for this genre.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Every Soul A Star, being sure to include time, location, and mood. What sort of expectations does the setting set up for readers? Does the setting raise any questions for readers?
Essay Topic 3
The characters help one another grow in many different ways. Describe two characters you feel made a particularly strong connection and helped one another grow the most. Is there anything surprising about this pairing? Did they help one another evenly, or did one help the other a bit more?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)