|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Ryan tells Jack about after they've met?
2. What is the weather like when everyone wakes up at the beginning of "Jack 6"?
3. Whom is Ally sitting with at the beginning of "Ally 5"?
4. What does seeing the eclipse embolden Jack to do?
5. What is the second action Bree and Ally take to make Bree's parents aware of a disadvantage at Moon Shadow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe 'First contact' and 'Second contact'.
2. Who/what is Team Exo?
3. What crisis does "Jack 4" open with, and what is the outcome?
4. Describe the interaction between Ryan and Ally at the beginning of "Ally 6."
5. In "Ally 5," Kenny appears to report news from an email from the SETI people. What does the email say?
6. What decision does Bree make in "Bree 6" to show that she is coming around to the changes in her life?
7. Ryan and Jack discuss girls in "Jack 4." What do they each contribute to the conversation?
8. What is Jack's reaction to the crisis at the beginning of "Jack 4"?
9. What is Jack's role in Pete's allergic reaction?
10. Describe Ally's lecture, given in "Jack 5."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of disappointment is strong throughout Every Soul A Star. Describe where and how it appears. What point may the author be trying to make with this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Minor characters are those who are not the primarily focus of the story, but they help drive the plot that is following the main character. Select three of the minor characters below to explain their significance to the plot. In other words, why does the author include these characters at all?
• Mr. Silver
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story. Describe at least three examples of foreshadowing in Every Soul A Star. Why might the author have opted to use foreshadowing? What are the benefits and drawbacks of foreshadowing for the reader?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)